Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Thanks for the laugh. Well, it was actually kind of a wry smile, but still.
You actually want me to list the "anything good" that has been accomplished by a current pool of 1.5 billion people.

Sure thing, pal. Hey, could you also give me a few super powers and perhaps a few lifetimes to type up everything "Good" that ..oh give me a break. I can't even continue this, it's too stupid.
Name one then .
A thing , invention,
something

Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Stop the Muslim bashing! Lets name all the good they do
Okay!

(starts to think)

Hmm......

(still thinking)

(trying to think harder)

(brain hurts)

Um...

Old 09-08-2010, 12:18 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Well, a lot of physicians, teachers, and scientists in this country are muslim.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:19 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
How Islamic inventors changed the world - Science, News - The Independent

Old 09-08-2010, 12:24 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
I'm sure I'll think of something

Until then I suggest we look at Australia's
take on the Muslim folk

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, he angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques..

Quote:

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the Language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Old 09-08-2010, 12:27 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,530 times
This is obviously a thread for K-12 students too bored to do their homework.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:31 PM

85 posts, read 238,085 times
Default muslems.

Im totally cool with whoever wants to do what. I never knock any religion. Dont care what a person looks like. Sexual preference. Just because I dont know much about something or understand why people do things. One thing I do know. When it comes to the twin towers, their were all different types of people their. So many died. Your bad no count muslems did it. As far as I m concerned, they lost their right to build. If they try it, their will be people to stop it. Just my opinion. Sure some people reading this dont like it. Thats the way it is. You can do anything you want. Youre not getting that property. Protest will go up. They will have trouble getting Contractors to build it. Not just any Contractor can be their. It has to be union. Thats a plus. Their are low lifes everywhere. I m not just pointing my finger at muslems. I hope you understand. In the Twin Tower case I guess I am pointing my finger.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:37 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
I'm sure there are plenty of decent people of Islam - however, they are not running things - the radicals are. Therefore we must deal with the radicals since those of the Islamic faith, who are assumed as decent, choose not to.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
We bash verbally - they kill physically.

I assume a similar thread will commence suggesting Islam stop killing people.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,515 times
Really? None of you can use Google?

You may also ask a group of indigenous people of the Amazon rainforest what good Christians have done for them. Like you, they will scratch their heads...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies