Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:58 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,860,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Right. Christians never resort to violence.

I guess our prisons are filled with only Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, etc. But no Christians. Because Christians would NOT resort to violence!

Mmm-hmm.
Muslim prisons usually aren't full because thet don't have appeals and people waiting on Death Row that die of old age. They don't have endless Lawyers , Court Cases and Appeals . They usually behead and Stone people and shoot protestors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 06:08 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,192,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randolphmacon View Post
The news media is bashing the Florida preachers decision to burn Korans. The same military brass that is asking him not to do it are the same ultra PC brass that knew the Ft Hood terrorist was an extremist but kept quiet out of fear of losing their careers. The enemy is still going to want to kill US soldiers and not burning them is not going to make them anymore safer. The media bashing of this mans constitutional right to burn the Korans is another example of our counties out of control PC culture.

this will not change one thing if they do this
except more violence
there are plenty of muslims that will be insulted by the burning of their holy book, and although I am not a muslim, I am a christian, I too am insulted by the hate and narrow-mindedness coming from these people
this can cause more deaths to our men and women fighting for our freedom, shame on this man.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I'm just curious to know if all the supporters of this lunacy would be so gung-ho if the local mosque had a Bible-burning day? If you truly support free speech, then this is no problem, right?

I do not support the burning of this book
and I hope he does not do it
it is lunacy, with that I agree

Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,322,469 times
Quote:
The news media is bashing the Florida preachers decision to burn Korans. The same military brass that is asking him not to do it are the same ultra PC brass that knew the Ft Hood terrorist was an extremist but kept quiet out of fear of losing their careers. The enemy is still going to want to kill US soldiers and not burning them is not going to make them anymore safer. The media bashing of this mans constitutional right to burn the Korans is another example of our counties out of control PC culture.
Your going to bash General Petraeus, the man who saved the Iraq war for us, and could do the same for Afghanistan?

Are you serious?

Its not out of control PC, its stupid, plain and simple. Have a "protest Islam" day, Burn the flag of Saudi Arabia, or Egypt. Thats where the terrorists were from, or were funded.

But burning books is crap that Nazi's do, not Americans.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
What the hell is going on in Afghanistan? It sounds to me like Gen Petraeus is crying to his "mommy", President "Ourbomber," that the playground bullies are going to pick on his friends! We're at war over there, people! A war that is being prolonged by an inability to identify the enemy! Burn the dam books if it exposes the radical Islamics we are seeking to destroy! That's a good thing!....The kind of war strategy Gen.Petraeus is portraying President "Ourbomber" will replace the Korans with "NEW" ones, so not to offend our enemies, and put us further into debt! Someone needs to explain the rules of engagement to the American people again. We all need to be on the same track when it comes to this war! Is it war or are we being held hostage over there

The general is in charge of the war in Afganistian and he is asking for this not to happen because it will cause more violence
it is easy for you to sit at your computer and say burn the damn books, it is not your life on the line
I have two friends over there and they are in enough danger with out some loon making it worse
there are plenty of muslims that have fought and died in these wars
good grief!

Old 09-08-2010, 06:23 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,322,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
The general is in charge of the war in Afganistian and he is asking for this not to happen because it will cause more violence
it is easy for you to sit at your computer and say burn the damn books, it is not your life on the line
I have two friends over there and they are in enough danger with out some loon making it worse
there are plenty of muslims that have fought and died in these wars
good grief!
It really bothers me that the same people who say they support the troops, and backed the Bush agenda in Iraq 100%, are now turning their back on the best of us just for a stupid act that will do nothing but cause more hate.

If someone told me that eating anything except rice would hurt our men and women serving, I'd be a rice eating mofo.

I served, and it makes me sick that some people would turn their backs on our troops by conducting an asinine act for no good reason whatsoever.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:58 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,003,083 times
Quote:
It's fascinating that you know so much more about the risks our troops are facing than General Petraeus. Tell me more.
does their belief to kill ALL the infidels clear it up for you a little

Old 09-09-2010, 01:25 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,802,534 times
Quote:
Right. Christians never resort to violence.

I guess our prisons are filled with only Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, etc. But no Christians. Because Christians would NOT resort to violence!

Mmm-hmm.
You misunderstood my point. I never said that Christians never resort to violence. I was being specific that Christians will not become violent if someone burns bibles while Muslims will become violent if the Koran is burned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies