Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times

Advertisements

Last year, West Virginia lost 550 housing contractors...this years stats have not arrived (to my knowledge).

My friend is the largest concrete finisher in the area and has poured over 50,000 yds of concrete this year.

'Jake said this the other day.

"What I'm seeing in Morgantown is the guys from the Eastern Panhandle...lots of them. They are pushing out the mexicans and the others from Ohio and Indiana...The Generals (contractors) are giving the jobs to the West Virginia guys...

I said.."Rightfully so...it's a loyalty thing. I'll do the same."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Housing is still a glut on the market. Most contractors I know wont built because they can't clear the construction costs. This is hardly Obama's fault

Old 09-08-2010, 05:50 PM

In Arizona a glut may be the order, but in here in Wv, we are trying to absorb thousands of relocates.
Our unemployment rate is still in the 2% range...new housing is booming in this fall season and shows no signs of let-up.

West Virginia has always staggered from the major economic downturns, but not this time.
When the elections are held in November and the country begins to surge again, West Virginia will be strong and ahead of the curve.

This will be the very first positive cycle of recovery for us...in over 100 years.
We will take a regional command of market, taxation and personal wealth gain.

I can't believe it...and nobody can be found to owe it to....perhaps the one exception...RCB...

Old 09-09-2010, 12:29 AM

938 posts, read 2,898,059 times
lmao

I love how people are stupid enough to believe that a change in which idiots are in office will help or harm the economy.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 AM

638 posts, read 929,688 times
Is this Obamanation or just a consequence of the freewheeling days of the 90’s and early 2000’s? Remember that greed and an over reliance on the (imagined) gains garnered by the stock market are what got us here. Additionally weak legislation implemented by both parties allowed for corruption on a massive order. If you want to blame Obama for this then you also have to assign blame to Nixon and every person that has held that office since.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:52 AM

180 posts, read 352,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Our unemployment rate is still in the 2% range...
Are you off your rocker. Show me a link that shows the rate at or near 2%.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:51 PM

532 posts, read 1,091,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
In Arizona a glut may be the order, but in here in Wv, we are trying to absorb thousands of relocates.
Our unemployment rate is still in the 2% range...new housing is booming in this fall season and shows no signs of let-up.

West Virginia has always staggered from the major economic downturns, but not this time.
When the elections are held in November and the country begins to surge again, West Virginia will be strong and ahead of the curve.

This will be the very first positive cycle of recovery for us...in over 100 years.
We will take a regional command of market, taxation and personal wealth gain.

I can't believe it...and nobody can be found to owe it to....perhaps the one exception...RCB...
Don't let facts get in the way of your posts.

Unemployment by County in West Virginia

Old 09-10-2010, 11:16 AM

68 posts, read 187,831 times
Quote:
In its latest surreptitious effort to protect illegal immigrants the Obama Administration plans to prohibit both federal and local law enforcement officers from arresting undocumented aliens discovered as a result of traffic violations.

It marks the third time this month that a covert plan to shield illegal aliens from deportation gets exposed. A few weeks ago the administration ordered authorities to halt the removal of some 700,000 illegal immigrants who are students while lawmakers craft legislation to officially spare them from expulsion. Weeks earlier an internal Homeland Security document revealed that the president has a secret backup plan to grant illegal immigrants amnesty in case Congress doesn’t pass legislation to do it.

ICE Won
Quote:
The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE) says that as of Sunday, Sept. 5, it had caught-and-released 506,232 illegal aliens who are now fugtives.

Fugitive illegal aliens are individuals who were apprehended ICE for being in the United States illegally and then were released ahead of their court proceedings and deemed fugitive when they failed to appear in court.

ICE Says It's Caught-and-Released 506,232 Illegal Aliens Who Are Now Fugitives--More Than Entire Population of Sacramento, Calif. | CNSnews.com (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/72328 - broken link)
All illegal aliens are criminals.

Don't support organized crime, and that includes, The Federal Government.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:58 PM

For the first 16 months of the Obama Administration 'Change in America...my company had a 100% unemployment rate...

We layed off everybody...paid the rent with outside money and serviced our debt.

We now have work...not to anybody's credit but mine...everybody at my company is working...why?

Because people were afraid to take a chance...now they see a place in the unemployment line for most of the political hacks that are up for election in this cycle...

We were also too stubborn to give in and go down...now the cycle is begining a new curve...wealth will be created, businesses will hire, profits will be made and make investments possible...hurray, for America.

And us...here in Monongalia County, West Virgina....the hot spot of America...keep it coming...

work, jobs, the influx of the best and brightest...keep it coming...and thank you, Senator Robert C. Byrd for saving us in this Obama-nation of America...

ps: Nixon was just as bad...Jimmy Carter too...maybe worse.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:07 PM

967 posts, read 2,995,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
lmao

I love how people are stupid enough to believe that a change in which idiots are in office will help or harm the economy.
That quote is worthy of framing! My own version: It doesn't matter if the left-seat pilot or right-seat pilot is flying, if they're both intent on flying into the mountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies