Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:50 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Ok, so it's your right to burn the Koran. Still haven't what do you want to accomplish by demonstrating your contempt for Islam?
I've said it a few times now friend, I'm not sure how many different ways I can tell you. What I want to "accomplish" is to publicly convey a message of contempt toward Islam.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:00 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Let's just drop the other shoe and tell it like it is. Burning the Koran will infuriate 1.5 billion people and bring the beginning of the end times. Jones or whatever his name is has been chosen by the Christian God to signal the rapture.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
I sometimes wish the rapture was real, 'cause my heaven would be when I was left behind!

Old 09-10-2010, 12:25 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is it worse for those Floridians to burn Korans than for the Pentagon to order the burning of Bibles in Afghanistan? I can't understand that one. Obama, as CIC, ordered those Air Force people who had Bibles that had been printed in Farsi and the second most prominent Afghan language to burn them because they may be considered proselytizing which Muslims just don't like. A group of American Christians paid for those books and were actually the owners but they were destroyed at the order of the Boss. Then yesterday he said that the Americans shouldn't play the same game. I don't understand it unless he means to allow the Muslims to take over here.

How can they get any worse than they have been with the radicals killing so many people in the ways they do? If they start doing that kind of things to our military people we can always let out men loose and let them shoot Muslims without being shot at.

I just don't see them getting worse just because of those books being burned. Who owned those books? I see Obama trying to appease the terrorists and it isn't going to work. They are laughing at us right now since the Christians called off their burning, today.

So much sad truth in this post!!! We need someone in government that has some guts. If we had anyone with 1 oz. of guts, they would be supporting the burning of the murderers guide book. Look folks, only the uninformed of the islamic religion would say don't burn the koran. See, if you don't know the history, you can not posibly understand the present sick mindset of the muslim world. They look at 9/11 as a day of celebration, and will do all they can to prevent anything from tarnishing that victory attack on our Nation. Do you not remember the muslim world dancing and partying because of the attack on 9/11? To them, it is a day of celebration. I say not only burn the koran, but a few mosque too!!! They way they won't celebrate the attack on my Nation! Stop being wimps and "tolerant" of these nuts. They clearly are not tolerant of us and our freedoms, or are those who are against this idea of burning the koran unable to understand? Those who do not understand and are against this burning of the koran are just the easy take 'em over people the muslims love to destroy. Again, learn their history!

Old 09-10-2010, 12:53 AM

767 posts, read 489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
So much sad truth in this post!!! We need someone in government that has some guts. If we had anyone with 1 oz. of guts, they would be supporting the burning of the murderers guide book. Look folks, only the uninformed of the islamic religion would say don't burn the koran. See, if you don't know the history, you can not posibly understand the present sick mindset of the muslim world. They look at 9/11 as a day of celebration, and will do all they can to prevent anything from tarnishing that victory attack on our Nation. Do you not remember the muslim world dancing and partying because of the attack on 9/11? To them, it is a day of celebration. I say not only burn the koran, but a few mosque too!!! They way they won't celebrate the attack on my Nation! Stop being wimps and "tolerant" of these nuts. They clearly are not tolerant of us and our freedoms, or are those who are against this idea of burning the koran unable to understand? Those who do not understand and are against this burning of the koran are just the easy take 'em over people the muslims love to destroy. Again, learn their history!
Perhaps I should have reworded the original post and substituted the word accomplish with happen. I'll ask again, what do you want to happen as a result of burning the Koran. Not asking if you have the right to do it, not asking if you should do it, just asking what do you hope will happen after you burn it. Simple question, yet few answer it

Old 09-10-2010, 12:53 AM

45 posts, read 61,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Ok, so it's your right to burn the Koran. Still haven't what do you want to accomplish by demonstrating your contempt for Islam?
are you the OP? If you want to ask your own questions, start a thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 AM

767 posts, read 489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisterd View Post
are you the OP?
Umm, yes.
Quote:
If you want to ask your own questions, start a thread
I'm repeating the same question again and again because few posters seem to be able to answer it. I don't know why, it doesn't seem like a difficult question to answer.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:01 AM

344 posts, read 199,460 times
Burning the Koran is perfectly constitutional. That's fine. Go ahead burn it. Realize that the message you're really sending isn't to the terrorists. They'd be happier actually if you do burn the Koran. You're telling the newly arrived shop owner he really isn't welcome. You're telling the college girl that her dreams of being a teacher will be met with suspicion and hatred. You're telling the doctor that his services aren't welcome on the basis of religion. You're telling those who served our nation their service was meaningless. That's really what you're doing.

If it were the Bible, I would state the same thing. Hell, any religious book. I'm an atheist and I feel that somehow there needs to be respect and tolerance for other religions. Tolerance isn't the same as condoning terrorist acts. People often confuse that. Those people don't understand one of the biggest principles of our nation.

It's about time we set aside our religious differences and realize that we're a nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:02 AM

45 posts, read 61,073 times
ok, I started over again, you are. "what do you wish to accomplish"
Well, I can think of a few books I'd burn first but, I wouldn't fear burning that one. They need to know that we do not fear them. All this back pedelling empowers them to come forward. These are tribal people, they respond to " body language" you run, they chase

Old 09-10-2010, 01:03 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
You can't simply ignore terrorism. It's not something you just "let go" of and "disengage" from... It's here, and sitting around isn't going to get rid of the problem. Ask liberal France how their softcore methods of handling terrorism is working out?

If anyone needs to mature, it is you.
that's not at all what i said. we need to let go of our attachment to these religious identities, our tribalist thinking. all of us. if we let go there will be no terrorism because there will be nothing to fight for, nothing to kill in the name of.

contrary to popular belief, islam and terrorism aren't one and the same. islam is the gun but it's the terrorist that pulls the trigger. but a gun can't kill with no one to pull the trigger. islam doesn't kill, people use islam as an excuse to kill.

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 09-10-2010 at 01:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies