Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:49 PM

3 posts, read 2,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
The fact she resigned her post as the governor of a State means she's not credible to me. She will never get my vote.
If you were tying up every employee on your staff with handling the left-wing accusations and lawsuits, while tax-payers paid their salaries to work for their state, and were accruing millions of dollars in legal fees and bringing unfair attention to your state, wouldn't you step aside? I would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 06:21 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
No, I think it is easy to spot a phony. Then when she opens her mouth stupid falls out.
if only Sarah Palin were president we would not be in this predicament. what a great woman. she would have all those communist in the white house in jail by now.hope she runs in 2012 I will vote for her

Old 10-11-2010, 05:22 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,587,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who has gall? We all know why Palin resigned. She did it because you liberals forced her too, because she had to put too much energy into defending her honor, and she didn't want to cheat Alaska by being a part time governor. YOU contributed to this!

Shame on you!! And to quote your last line:
Agreed! I love how she gets under the skin of the liberals - gives me a good laugh on a regular basis.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:20 PM

81 posts, read 158,653 times
Why is everyone who knows Sarah Palin labeled a 'lib' or a 'dem'? She's doing a great job of dividing the once great Republican party and it's the only job she's done well. Last time I checked, I'm still registered Republican and liberal I am not! I just happen to be a woman with an education who is appalled anyone would take Palin seriously. She is good at stirring up and creating drama, kind of like the stereotype of the nagging housewife. What a great role model for young women everywhere, not. What is wrong with realizing she's an idiot and looking for someone who has a few brain cells left? She is NOT the best representative of Republicans!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:42 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,721,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
The fact she resigned her post as the governor of a State means she's not credible to me. She will never get my vote.
Sarah Palin retired. That is permitted.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:38 PM

1,019 posts, read 589,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Palin blasts Schwarzenegger for tweet (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/10/palin-blasts-schwarzenegger-for-tweet/ - broken link)

Just who in the hell do you think you are, woman? You have some gall, BRAGGING about Alaska's multi-billion dollar surplus versus California's deficit, when Alaska is literally a Federal WELFARE state, taking $1.84 for every dollar put in, when California only gets back 78 CENTS on the dollar. Why don't you return some of OUR money that your state has been "STEALING", b****?

It's especially galling for you to ask what Governor Schwarzenegger has been doing, when he's actually been WORKING while you've been gallivanting around the country making millions of dollars lying to the morons who swoon over you. What did you do in the 3 minutes you were Governor? Oh yeah, you lobbied the Federal Government for money to build your "Bridge to Nowhere", before taking off to run for Vice President, while lying over and over and over and over and over about saying "thanks, but no thanks" to your pet bridge project, then quit before your term was even finished!

Just shut UP already!

Yeah, yeah, I must be jealous/envious/terrified of her, blah blah blah.
There is no connection between the two issues. And Arnold the Punk was the worst governor I can remember. I've been here since '86 and Gumby would have been far better. I hope Maria takes him for all he's got.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:44 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,528,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Sarah Palin retired. That is permitted.
LOL, she did not retire, she quit plan and simple.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
LOL, she did not retire, she quit plan and simple.
And your point (if you have one) is...????????

Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
if only Sarah Palin were president we would not be in this predicament. what a great woman. she would have all those communist in the white house in jail by now.hope she runs in 2012 I will vote for her
She is a proven fighter and a winner. If she had been the Pres. Candidate, and McCain nowhere in sight, there is little doubt she would have won.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,470,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
She is a proven fighter and a winner. If she had been the Pres. Candidate, and McCain nowhere in sight, there is little doubt she would have won.
I agree! Watching from afar revealed McCain as the bumbling fool who had lost complete touch with reality and failed miserably to even connect with his very narrow demographic of supporters.

His loss was not Palin's fault and neither is all the mysogenistic breast beating over her by the repub's now. Your news media takes a far greater role in "colouring" your candidates than any supposedly free and impartial press should ever be allowed to but that is the nature of news media that is "owned" by people who are supposed to have a hands off approach to reportage but do not know the meaning of the term "conflict of interest".

If nailing somone's hide to the barn door ever again becomes popular; I fervently hope you go after guys like Soros, Rupert Murdoch et-al.

Returning impartialility to news reporting would go a long way to reducing the lemming/sheeples aspect of a population attaching American Idol-like importance to any reporters candidate assessment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies