Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:26 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

I'd say let the loony Tune rant and rave all he wants as it might wake a few people up as to just how whacked out his rightwing agenda is ==
However i'd be really concerned that this guy has a loaded gun at a public event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 12:28 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
It was for a public event.

There was political stuff there that was pro Obama.

Someone shouldnt be jailed for using their free speech. IE say the movies. Be asked to be removed cool. Jailed No. To many are using " distributing the peace" Just remove the person and let it go.
Heil Hitler
I refuse to explain why the other political stuff was allowed again.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
[i]Police eventually arrested the man and took him away after they discovered that Hill was carrying a loaded weapon in violation of fair rules.
Right. But there was no mention of weapons charges against him. By "loaded" they imply, but don't say, he was carrying a gun and therefore a threat to innocent people. Did anyone see him with a gun during the 10 minute video? The only guns I saw were on the rent-a-cops, who are obviously fine, upstanding American Patriots to wrestle an old veteran to the ground, throw their substantial weight on him, and twist his elderly joints into contortions.

Why wasn't he charged with carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, or some other firearms charge?

Old 09-13-2010, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 465 times
So right wingers feel it's ok to assault and harrass people on private property, so long as you are carrying an anti Obama sign. The cops should stay clear because they are infringing on our 1st amendment right to threaten people and carry a gun in public view.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:19 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Official Statement Regarding Incident on Fairgrounds 26 August 2010 | Facebook

Because the fairgrounds is on private property, we reserve the right to remove someone from the premises who is creating a disruption or may pose a threat to the safety of others.

We welcome diverse viewpoints and have a structure in place at the Alaska State Fair that allows for peaceful discord and exchange at our vendor and organization booth area.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'd say let the loony Tune rant and rave all he wants as it might wake a few people up as to just how whacked out his rightwing agenda is ==
However i'd be really concerned that this guy has a loaded gun at a public event.
At the Alaska State Fair, I'd guess he was far from the only person with a loaded weapon.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:29 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independentsucka View Post
this guy was acting like an idiot.
Free speech, buddy.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:35 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
No.

He was on private property that had rules regarding political displays at the event, which he violated.

He had a loaded weapon, which also wasn't allowed.

He also had others complaining to security that he was disrupting the entertainment.
oops, I retract my previous statement. This is a horse of a different color!

Old 09-13-2010, 02:49 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
I'm glad "arrested by the WH" (!!!!!) was removed from the thread title but it still says the poor little dood was arrested just for carrying an "Impeach Obama" sign. Still flatly UNTRUE.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:41 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
WOW, and today a British teen gets banned from the US for life for sending the president an e mail saying he thought he was a p*ick. It's getting scary! Has PC overtaken free speech?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies