Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:44 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,135,666 times

Advertisements

Suggesting cutting back on salt is to help you keep your health care costs down, DUH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 09:46 AM

45,200 posts, read 26,409,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
You guys are just jealous of her. She's a beautiful, wealthy-by-hard-work, extremely intelligent woman and that scares the pants off of you.
Uh huh.

Speaking for myself, I'm tired of the do as I say, not as I do ruling class mentality.

And you're right I'm fearful.
Fearful of what these powerful nutbags will try and ban or interfere with next.
Hopefully it will be something you enjoy.

p.s. I never add salt to any of my foods.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:46 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,517,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Oh I see just another bash Michelle thread.....enjoy.
No, just like the presidential imposter she's married to
it's all about them

Old 09-14-2010, 09:47 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,111,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
anything is bad for you if overdone. Salt is our only natural source of iodine. It is a needed part of your diet. It is PART of our bodies for crying out loud!
Who said "Do not eat salt, ever"!?

You didnt know that many foods have a salt content without even adding salt?..for crying out loud!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-14-2010 at 10:09 AM..

Old 09-14-2010, 09:47 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,445,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Suggesting cutting back on salt is to help you keep your health care costs down, DUH.
Yeah, because we all know that the cost is going to go through the roof with the new law. Something has to be done to keep it in check so Obama doesn't look like a smacked ass.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:49 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,445,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Who said "Do not eat salt ,ever"!?

You didnt know that many foods have a salt content without even adding salt?..for crying out loud!

How does Michelle know how much salt is even added to these meals she wants changed? She doesn't, she just wants to put her nose in where it doesn't belong.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:49 AM

646 posts, read 393,606 times
is she making a suggestion, or suggesting a law? that's the real issue here. promoting health is different than mandating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Old 09-14-2010, 09:50 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,128,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
You guys are just jealous of her. She's a beautiful, wealthy-by-hard-work, extremely intelligent woman and that scares the pants off of you.
Yeah, her $300,000 a year "show up" job at the hospital made me scared.

What if she decided that clothing dyes were bad, bad, bad, and she decided to mandate that all clothing dyes and bleaching be banned; for no other reason then she thinks wearing natural colored clothing would be best for us?

The point is, what I eat is no concern of hers, and trying to use her position as First Lady to force changes to the choices in my life. It is none of her business how often I dine out. If her jet setter life of glamor has her eating at a lot of restaurants, that is her problem, let her change her eating habits, its a free country, or it was until the wannabe tyrants moved into Washington.

Can't but incandescent light bulbs.
Can't buy the health insurance i want.
Can't get a college student loan from my bank
Can't follow the recipes to food my customers like to eat
Can't buy the automobile that i want

What else "can't" we do according to these progressives?

Old 09-14-2010, 09:50 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,694,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I know every First Lady wants some social issue to call her own, but the progressives always want to change how we live our lives. Hillary wanted to take away our choice in health care, Michelle wants to dictate the menu at our local restaurant, and then I'm sure she will move onto the food industry and decide what we can and cannot purchase at the local grocery store.
Did you read all of her remarks? She was speaking to the National Restaurant Association and asking them to provide information on their menus, smaller portions and healthy options. Ohhhhh! The Horror!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,517,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How does Michelle know how much salt is even added to these meals she wants changed? She doesn't, she just wants to put her nose in where it doesn't belong.
So now she'll cut back on the lobster as an example
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies