Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:14 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,408 times

Advertisements

Hmm, well I'm reading and so far, I am not at all impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 11:16 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The Q'uran is open to interpretation, as is any aged religious document. Sharia Law is dynamic not static, and I'm amazed how many people criticize Sharia Law without knowing the first thing about it.

Sorry, but these statements you are making just aren't true. There are as many interpretations of Islam, the Q'uran, and Sharia Law as there are Muslims. Just as it happens with Judaism, or Christianity.
All I need to know about Sharia Law is that it allows murder. That's all I need to know.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:16 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Why aren't they having any impact?
How do you know they are not? Have you spoken to every Muslim in America? Are you supporting their right to practice their religion, or speaking hatefully against them? Which do you think would anger people? Do you want to live in a society where people are angry and insular? Hate breeds hate, is that what you want? Muslims in this country hear their religious leaders preaching peace and tolerance, and then they are bombarded with ignorance and hate everywhere else. It's not going to improve until we better educate ourselves, and stop with the ignorant hatespeech.

I am also of the opinion that is has been useful to promote Islamophobia whilst we have been engaged in this despicable war.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
All I need to know about Sharia Law is that it allows murder. That's all I need to know.
So does the Bible. What is your point?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Our laws allow murder - by our own government.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I refuse to tolerate the intolerant, so yes, you are correct -- I am intolerant of Islam and rightfully so. It is on par with all other fascist, destructive, intolerant ideologies.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
And no one is saying that we should do nothing. I'm saying that we should work to identify the moderate Islamists who are our allies, and find strategies to undermine extremist arguments. You are saying that we should hate them all and support the extremist arguments.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
So does the Bible. What is your point?
We are not talking about the Koran or the bible, those are books. We are simply talking about LAWS. You know, the thing that makes murder legal under Sharia.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
How do you know they are not? Have you spoken to every Muslim in America? Are you supporting their right to practice their religion, or speaking hatefully against them? Which do you think would anger people? Do you want to live in a society where people are angry and insular? Hate breeds hate, is that what you want? Muslims in this country hear their religious leaders preaching peace and tolerance, and then they are bombarded with ignorance and hate everywhere else. It's not going to improve until we better educate ourselves, and stop with the ignorant hatespeech.

I am also of the opinion that is has been useful to promote Islamophobia whilst we have been engaged in this despicable war.
You have it exactly backward. Muslim imams are preaching hatred and jihad while gullible, naive American citizens are rushing forward to hug their Muslim neighbors, even in the wake of 9/11 and all the violence that followed. It is utter nonsense.

Telling the truth is neither ignorant nor hate speech.

ETA: I want to live in a society with other people who share my American values. Those who want to import their fascism need to leave. No one cares if they practice their religion so long as their religion doesn't include murdering the rest of us.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Our laws allow murder - by our own government.
Show me that law. I bet you can't. Nice strawman though

Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
We are not talking about the Koran or the bible, those are books. We are simply talking about LAWS. You know, the thing that makes murder legal under Sharia.
It's a tough crowd, SourD. But I hear you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies