Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:00 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I listen to all of them. Savage often criticizes Limbaugh and Hannity and Levin.
But they seem to agree on 95% of the issues.
Napolean's syndrome is the impression I get when he goes on rants against others in the media.

Savage is all over the board but on some things non-political he has a great depth of knowledge. He has better political historical viewpoint than most of the RW talk-radio hosts today and his predictions are often spot on. Often though he sounds like a manic-depressive ranting on and on just trying to fill airtime. I often wonder how he gets enough sponsorship to stay on-air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 03:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Napolean's syndrome is the impression I get when he goes on rants against others in the media.

Savage is all over the board but on some things non-political he has a great depth of knowledge. He has better political historical viewpoint than most of the RW talk-radio hosts today and his predictions are often spot on. Often though he sounds like a manic-depressive ranting on and on just trying to fill airtime. I often wonder how he gets enough sponsorship to stay on-air.
I wonder that too, cause his show is not 100% political. He has a day of the week where he shares his botanical knowledge and health. But I suppose he is popular because he talks on-air many times like he's having a conversation, not reading off a teleprompter which is more catchy I think, cause Beck bores me an hour after I listen to his radio show.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I thought they were a collection of ragtime duets, heavy on the Cakewalks.

Shows your ignorance about it, doesn't it.

The only way to fundamentally change America, is to collapse the system. So a new system of Dictatorship can emerge from the rubble.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

The only way to fundamentally change America, is to collapse the system. So a new system of Dictatorship can emerge from the rubble.
Hope and Change you can believe in

Old 09-15-2010, 03:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Once a Weiner...

Weiner-Savage is just another far-right blowtorch with a microphone.

You DID know his real name is Michael Weiner, right...

Old 09-15-2010, 03:43 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Say! We're finally out of our trou-ble,
Look what's emergin' from the rub-ble --
Open the door, to our, new Dictator, mater!
Come on an' fundamentally CHAAANGE!

Old 09-15-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

His dedicated listeners most likely knew that already. Is he a lesser man because his last name is Weiner? If you think so, then that can be construed as an anti-Semitic remark

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Say! We're finally out of our trou-ble,
Look what's emergin' from the rub-ble --
Open the door, to our, new Dictator, mater!
Come on an' fundamentally CHAAANGE!
Somebody finally cracked

Old 09-15-2010, 03:53 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

I sure did but it doesn't change the fact that man speaks the truth.
The truth hurts, you know, it hurts so much that he's got banned from entering the UK.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I sure did but it doesn't change the fact that man speaks the truth.
The truth hurts, you know, it hurts so much that he's got banned from entering the UK.
"Political commentators later remarked on the 'hypocrisy' of Savage's comments on the show,[89] 'It's quite ironic that someone like Michael Savage sees no hypocrisy in strongly defending his [own] right to the First Amendment only to show outrage and intolerance a few minutes later toward the views of someone else he doesn't agree with.'[90]"

Old 09-15-2010, 04:06 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
I suspect most of Savages' (Wiener) issues with the rest of talk radio stems from the issue that nobody but nobody has spoken up against the government of GB has lumped him in with known terrorists and banned him for life from GB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies