Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM

42 posts, read 38,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Hey, Ae Hussein let me ask you a straight forward question.
Do you condemn those Muslims who threaten Molly Norris?

Thanks.
  • Yes Sir, I do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
I have no desire to offer a comprehensive rebuttal, but just want to offer a couple comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aehussein View Post
  • That is not valid in Islam, Islam teaches war morals, the Prophet orders to every army that went out to War was "Don't harm the unarmed, the non fighter, neither Women, children, nor old people, don't burn lands, or cut a tree).
Sahih Muslim 4324

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) ordered the date-palms of Banu Nadir to be burnt and cut. These palms were at Buwaira. Qutaibah and Ibn Rumh in their versions of the tradition have added: So Allah, the Glorious and Exalted, revealed the verse:"Whatever trees you have cut down or left standing on their trunks, it was with the permission of Allah so that He may disgrace the evil-doers" (lix. 5).

Sahih Muslim 4325

It is narrated on the authority of Ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) caused the date-palms of Banu Nadir to be cut down and burnt. It is in this connection that Hassan (the poet) said: It was easy for the nobles of Quraish to burn Buwaira whose sparks were flying in all directions. In the same connection was revealed the Qur'anic verse:" Whatever trees you have cut down or left standing on their trunks."

Sahih Muslim 4326

'Abdullah b. Umar reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) burnt the date-palms of Banu Nadir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aehussein

• Ethnic cleansing is a funny claim, the closest i can recall was by Orthodox christian Serbs against Bosnian Muslims, in Bosnia, and in Kosova, please give us an example of your alleged ethnic cleansing by Muslims, or you allegations are proven false.
Fleeing his own kinsmen in Mecca, Muhammad arrived in the Jewish city of Yathrib on 12 Rabi-ul-Awwal 1 AH (24 September 622 AD) and was offered asylum by the Jews. By Dhul-Haj 5 AH (April 627 AD) Muhammad and his Muslims had exiled, enslaved or slaughtered every Jew in Yathrib, changing its name subsequently to Medina.

This, by any definition, was ethnic cleansing.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:46 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Absolutely awesome post ....tried to rep you again and couldn't, of course.

There is a frightening number of posters here who are blindly walking right over the cliff in their zealous protection of Islam from any and all criticisms. They need to read this and think . You've covered it all so well that there is just nothing more to say but THANK YOU!
Thank you ... or rather, let's thank aehussein for being honest in the last portion of the post.

And it's all right there for everyone to see with their own eyes. The Islamists really do have two completely different languages ... one for their fellow Muslims, and another for everyone else.

And THEY KNOW EXACTLY what they are doing .... the devout Muslim is bound by the laws of Islam which defines exactly how they must live, eat, pray, work, and conduct themselves both in public and privately. They have a separate set of rules for Muslim men and Muslim women, with another set that applies to non-muslims. And the foundational principle binding all Muslims is the spread and domination of Islam EVERYWHERE.

In this regard, they differ from the dark ages of Christianity only in that they still embrace these stone aged ideas of domination here in the 21st Century, while Christianity abandoned this backward way of thinking 500 years ago.

While modern Christians are by and large oblivious to the violence in the Bible, the modern Muslims have embraced the very worst of this type of religious dogma, while lying through their teeth regarding their intensions.

I'm sure some of the more westernized persons claiming to be Muslims really have no clue about what Islam actually is ... because they've been shielded from the true face of Islamic tyranny due to western law that doesn't permit such behaviors ... but to the educated and devout Muslim, they understand and willingly submit to this religious fascism, and believe everyone else should too ... and by force, if necessary, the moment they have the power to apply it.

And trust me when I tell you ... that Islamists believe in the spread of Islam by force if necessary ... they certainly have no ethical issues with lying about it too. The ends justify the means in their eyes, and their good book tells them it's OK to lie to the Infidel for the purposes of advancing Islamic agendas.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:49 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aehussein View Post
  • Yes Sir, I do
Thanks for answering my question.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:58 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
I understand the concept that it is foolish to poke a stick at a rabid dog. I really do. But, she didn't get on a plane and fly to Mecca and do it there. She did it in America, where she is supposed to have rights.

So, to all those who are defending the fatwa, what's next? What if they decided to issue a fatwa against anyone who protests the Ground Zero Mosque? Or anyone who eats with their left hand?

Just how many backward steps are you willing to take to appease them? Do you really think it will end with these drawings?

Old 09-22-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
So, according to you, those abortion doctors had it coming to them when the Christian extremist nutcases go after them.
Nope.

It is astounding the incredible inability you guys seem to have understanding simple, straight forward comments and assertions. I have never said that Molly Norris has it coming either.

That said... there actually is at least one significant difference. The reasons doctors perform abortions rarely include the deliberate provocation of Christian extremist nutcases.

Molly Norris's "Draw Mohammad Day" was, on the other hand, an explicit and deliberate provocation of Muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca
So by your philosophy, we should not feel any empathy for those doctors nor be concerned for their safety, since, according to you, they did something which they knew would offend some religious group.
Who has said anything about empathy? Instead I am sympathetic to those who have to flee religious nutcases simply because they were going about their business.

I have less for people who have to flee religious nutcases because they deliberately and willfully provoked them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca
Either you are concerned for ALL people's safety or are not. Period.
And then, like clockwork, we are presented with the idiotic inability of conservatives to count higher than two.

No. In real life, things are rarely if ever "either / or."

Old 09-22-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
So, to all those who are defending the fatwa, what's next?
Who has defended the fatwa?

Exactly?

Old 09-22-2010, 02:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Nope.

It is astounding the incredible inability you guys seem to have understanding simple, straight forward comments and assertions. I have never said that Molly Norris has it coming either.

That said... there actually is at least one significant difference. The reasons doctors perform abortions rarely include the deliberate provocation of Christian extremist nutcases.

Molly Norris's "Draw Mohammad Day" was, on the other hand, an explicit and deliberate provocation of Muslims.

Who has said anything about empathy? Instead I am sympathetic to those who have to flee religious nutcases simply because they were going about their business.

I have less for people who have to flee religious nutcases because they deliberately and willfully provoked them.

And then, like clockwork, we are presented with the idiotic inability of conservatives to count higher than two.

No. In real life, things are rarely if ever "either / or."
A provocation. So women shouldn't dress sexy because it provokes men, right?

Oh, I forget, we need a double standard. Everyone but muslims are supposed to restrain themselves.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:09 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
But their reaction is disproportional. It would be absolutely fine with me if
they were demanding to publicly apologize for offending them or something like that.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:15 PM

42 posts, read 38,386 times
[quote=HistorianDude;15990153]I have no desire to offer a comprehensive rebuttal, but just want to offer a couple comments:

Quote:
Sahih Muslim 4324

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) ordered the date-palms of Banu Nadir to be burnt and cut. These palms were at Buwaira. Qutaibah and Ibn Rumh in their versions of the tradition have added: So Allah, the Glorious and Exalted, revealed the verse:"Whatever trees you have cut down or left standing on their trunks, it was with the permission of Allah so that He may disgrace the evil-doers" (lix. 5).

Sahih Muslim 4325

It is narrated on the authority of Ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) caused the date-palms of Banu Nadir to be cut down and burnt. It is in this connection that Hassan (the poet) said: It was easy for the nobles of Quraish to burn Buwaira whose sparks were flying in all directions. In the same connection was revealed the Qur'anic verse:" Whatever trees you have cut down or left standing on their trunks."

Sahih Muslim 4326

'Abdullah b. Umar reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) burnt the date-palms of Banu Nadir.
  • You cannot put the sayings as stand-alone statements, refer to the history of the incident here
Quote:
Fleeing his own kinsmen in Mecca, Muhammad arrived in the Jewish city of Yathrib on 12 Rabi-ul-Awwal 1 AH (24 September 622 AD) and was offered asylum by the Jews. By Dhul-Haj 5 AH (April 627 AD) Muhammad and his Muslims had exiled, enslaved or slaughtered every Jew in Yathrib, changing its name subsequently to Medina.

This, by any definition, was ethnic cleansing.
  • You should know Mr.Historian that Yathrib was an Arab city, where some Jew tribes lived, the majority were Arabs , among whom the Prophets Uncles from Mother's side. the Arabs are the ones who visited the prophet in Mecca, and converted , came after a year in more numbers, Mohamed didn't immigrate to Yathrib except after ALL the Arab population were already converts.

• You are making misleading statements to deceive the public, here is the Wikipedia link on Yathrib to initiate your knowledge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies