Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 07:40 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Ahhh but I'm not going around asking for votes. So her kooky religious views are very important. She is a hard core right wing social conservative. And she wants to impose her morality on other Americans using government legislation.
Until you can provide ANY evidence that she "wants to impose her morality on other Americans using government legislation" you are simply posturing....

You have so far not provided anything to support your position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Remember when you hear the words "Tea Party" that means individual freedom, and personal liberty!

1) O’Donnell opposes abortion including in cases of rape and incest.[55] She previously has been a spokesperson for Concerned Women for America, a conservative Christian group that opposes abortion. [56]

2) In a 1996 discussion on CNN, O'Donnell, advocated the teaching of creationism in public schools

Nothing to see here folks! Move along! Tea Party is all about liberty and freedom!
Is this her official position?

If not,then why do you post it?

Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Funny you seem to think she cant disagree with Obama

Also with your insulting her seems you think she must agree with you or be insulted. The post complains about slurs yet while making insults

Heaven forbid someone be allowed their opinion anymore.
And if you don't agree with them you are a bigot.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:44 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Anyone who cannot speak English is ignorant?? Now, that's a really ignorant statement.
Ignorant is as ignorant does.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:46 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Again all her PERSONAL views,it seems you are intolerant of others having a differing viewpoint.

Unless she favors enacting laws to support her personal viewpoint what business is it of yours what she believes?
If you said to me, look Panda I feel that masturbation is wrong and abstinance only is the sure way to go. I would say (providing that we are not engaged in a battle on the boards): Ok, Oz. I don't feel the same way but I can respect your opinion. I'd buy you a cup of coffee or tea or whatever and I would be willing to sit there and listen to your beliefs or move on in topic.

But when you put someone in a postion of power that has the capacity to impact funding or may have in the future (election, election, election) to impact anything to do with sex education or laws regarding sex between two consenting human adults which may lead to children or parenting.....we have a problem. At that point, that is exactly what that person will attempt to push through there beliefs which have devestating consequences on other individuals.

I don't care who she slept with or if she had sex at all. I'm not going to hold it against her that she lied about graduating when she didn't. I'm not going to hold it against her that she walked but did not get the diploma because she couldn't afford to pay tuition and I'm not going to hold it against her because she got behind on her house payment---BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE PERSONAL.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:55 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
If you said to me, look Panda I feel that masturbation is wrong and abstinance only is the sure way to go. I would say (providing that we are not engaged in a battle on the boards): Ok, Oz. I don't feel the same way but I can respect your opinion. I'd buy you a cup of coffee or tea or whatever and I would be willing to sit there and listen to your beliefs or move on in topic.

But when you put someone in a postion of power that has the capacity to impact funding or may have in the future (election, election, election) to impact anything to do with sex education or laws regarding sex between two consenting human adults which may lead to children or parenting.....we have a problem. At that point, that is exactly what that person will attempt to push through there beliefs which have devestating consequences on other individuals.

I don't care who she slept with or if she had sex at all. I'm not going to hold it against her that she lied about graduating when she didn't. I'm not going to hold it against her that she walked but did not get the diploma because she couldn't afford to pay tuition and I'm not going to hold it against her because she got behind on her house payment---BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE PERSONAL.

And you know another good clue about these radicals? When they attempt to hide their positions as she is doing now, when she will not make statements on abortion rights, gay marriage, civil liberties, etc. You know what side of the fence she is on.. She'll run away from the press just like the Sharon Angle has in Nevada hoping to hide her radical views.

These tea partiers are nothing about freedom and liberty...they are modern day John Birchers.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama IS anti-American. So what exactly is your point?

1. Has another president sued a state for enforcing federal immigration law?
2. Has another president sent a state for "human rights violations" to the UN?
3. Has another president consistently side with Muslim issues at the expense of all other religions?
4. Has another president selected Supreme Court Justices who have sited international law, rather than US law, in decisons?
The recipe for perpetual ignorance is a very simple and effective one: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge.

Elbert Hubbard.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
And you know another good clue about these radicals? When they attempt to hide their positions as she is doing now, when she will not make statements on abortion rights, gay marriage, civil liberties, etc. You know what side of the fence she is on.. She'll run away from the press just like the Sharon Angle has in Nevada hoping to hide her radical views.

These tea partiers are nothing about freedom and liberty...they are modern day John Birchers.
Well, she is against abortion in any shape or form and she insinuated that Castle was gay without any knowledge. She cannot hide at this point.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:12 AM

344 posts, read 199,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independentsucka View Post
they should only be printing things in english, but you don't really need to make a law. just stop printing things in multiple languages. there are people out there who speak german, and I doubt we're printing anything in german.
Not on topic, but that's a really bad idea. You'll actually lose more money. There are many first generation immigrants who don't have the luxury of knowing how to speak, read, and/or write in English perfectly. In order to have things done smoothly, we do need to accommodate these individuals. My mom didn't know how to speak English when she first came here. It took a while. Inefficiency will increase when you have to explain every document to newly arrived immigrants.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:13 AM

Christine O’Donnell will fight to secure our nation’s seaports and borders to defend our families from terrorism and from drugs. Christine will demand that employers obey the law, just as the rest of us must obey the law, with meaningful penalties for hiring illegal aliens. Christine will fight to make English America’s official language for all governmental purposes. We cannot be one people without speaking ONE language in common.

Source: Campaign website, Christine O'Donnell, “Issues” Aug 8, 2008

My Deal With Delaware is that I pledge I will always vote in favor of life and families. Now more than ever we must elect Senators who have a real understanding and deep appreciation for human life. There has been a profound loss of respect for all human life. Women are starting to come forward to break the silence about the mental and physical scars left on their lives by abortion. We must renew the commitment to respect all human life on which the Republican Party was founded.
Source: Campaign website, Christine O'Donnell for U.S. Senate Aug 31, 2006

Truly terrifying....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies