Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:09 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times

Advertisements

Too many men posting stupid comments on this thread about sexual harassment in the football forum.

Was hoping to get some women's perspectives. Please weigh in on said thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/footb...rters-nfl.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I don't get what the controversy is about or why Portis needed to apologize. I also don't understand why female reporters are in the men's locker room; do male reporters stand around in the women's locker room while they dress? Why couldn't she wait outside? Or do the male reporters go in there and the female reporters don't want some one else to get their story? Why doesn't everybody wait outside?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
I also don't understand why female reporters are in the men's locker room;
If a woman is a sportswriter, I don't think that she should be denied access to the same interviews/information as her male counterparts. They should either allow all journalists access to the locker rooms and everyone needs to be professional, or better, stop doing press in the locker rooms and move to a neutral area for interviews.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
OMG, this story has gotten WAY out of hand. I'm all for womens rights, blah blah blah... BUT here you have this blonde, good looking, WELL built woman and on the day of the interview they showed what she was wearing. Maybe in HER country it's not revealing but she forgot she was in OUR country, the good ol' USA.

Those men did what any red-blooded american male would do in a situation like that. And to be honest, we don't know THEIR story, only what she's saying. She says that they whistled, cat-called, etc.. And? You're a good looking foreigner in a mens locker room.. what on earth did she expect?? acckkk!!! LOL

Granted, if one of them would have touched her inappropriately then YES of course this should have gotten the attention it has. She even said that the cat-calling and whistling didn't bother her... so why the big deal then? Obviously, she is an icon in her country, a celebrity of sorts and she's just trying to make a name for herself here.

I think she's out of her mind and out of line. She WAS dressed provacatively that day, she had a low cut top on over her fake boobs and her jeans were skin tight - hell if I were built like that I'd dress that way all the time too IF I were in need of attention.

She dressed like she was headed for the club, not in professional - interview clothing. They did nothing wrong, she is searching to add notches to her celebrity status and the Media is having a field day with this and wasting air time on it when there are WAY more important things going on in the world.

AND... I'd like to add, that other female reporters dress in polo shirts and khakis when you see them on television.

Last edited by andreaspercheron; 09-16-2010 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: NOT DONE YET... lol

Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Maybe in HER country it's not revealing but she forgot she was in OUR country, the good ol' USA.
Oh brother.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:17 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
She's got an ass that no straight man could keep his mouth shut about

Old 09-16-2010, 12:21 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If a woman is a sportswriter, I don't think that she should be denied access to the same interviews/information as her male counterparts. They should either allow all journalists access to the locker rooms and everyone needs to be professional, or better, stop doing press in the locker rooms and move to a neutral area for interviews.
That is the CORRECT answer. No interviews in the locker room. What if one of the players sued for being "exploited" while trying to shower? What if some of the reporters are GAY???

Old 09-16-2010, 12:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Based on the way she dresses, her rack&rump, is it a surprise that men, naked men at that, couldn't help themselves?

She likes men to notice, she dresses so they will. I don't have a problem with that, but don't expect a bunch of macho jocks running around naked with an attractive female in their midst with an a** like hers to control themselves.

I like this gal's perspective;

Hot Air » Ines Sainz: The woman who cried wolf whistle

Quote:
She was wearing the totally demure outfit pictured above. Shockingly, the locker room full of testosterone-laden men noticed that she’s more than a bit attractive and catcalls, whistling and leering ensued. Enter the usual suspects: the media and “womens groups“, like the Association for Women in Sports Media.
The "demure" outfit.

http://media.hotair.com/greenroom/wp...z-pictures.jpg

I'm a female, I have no problem with the way she dresses OR the reaction of the brutes in the locker room.

Even I would say - nice butt.

The so-called feminists are up in arms...because THEY could never elicit such a reaction.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:41 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Where can I apply to cover the women's tennis match and the womens soccer team etc.?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:46 PM

34 posts, read 21,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
OMG, this story has gotten WAY out of hand. I'm all for womens rights, blah blah blah... BUT here you have this blonde, good looking, WELL built woman and on the day of the interview they showed what she was wearing. Maybe in HER country it's not revealing but she forgot she was in OUR country, the good ol' USA.

Those men did what any red-blooded american male would do in a situation like that. And to be honest, we don't know THEIR story, only what she's saying. She says that they whistled, cat-called, etc.. And? You're a good looking foreigner in a mens locker room.. what on earth did she expect?? acckkk!!! LOL

Granted, if one of them would have touched her inappropriately then YES of course this should have gotten the attention it has. She even said that the cat-calling and whistling didn't bother her... so why the big deal then? Obviously, she is an icon in her country, a celebrity of sorts and she's just trying to make a name for herself here.

I think she's out of her mind and out of line. She WAS dressed provacatively that day, she had a low cut top on over her fake boobs and her jeans were skin tight - hell if I were built like that I'd dress that way all the time too IF I were in need of attention.

[b]She dressed like she was headed for the club, not in professional - interview clothing[?b]. They did nothing wrong, she is searching to add notches to her celebrity status and the Media is having a field day with this and wasting air time on it when there are WAY more important things going on in the world.

AND... I'd like to add, that other female reporters dress in polo shirts and khakis when you see them on television.
I bold all that is irrelevant in your post

NO ONE deserves sexual harassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies