Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 11:01 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Bureau of Air Quality, Department of Environmental Protection (http://www.maine.gov/dep/air/greenhouse/rggi.htm - broken link)

http://www.maine.gov/dep/air/greenhouse/images/rggistates.jpg (broken link)

Those are the states above, excluding Pennsylvania .

And here is the New Jersey Public Watchdog's article on the scheme.

THE SECRETS TEN STATES & WALL STREET DON’T WANT YOU TO KNOW by Mark Lagerkvist

"The bidders at RGGI auctions include Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, JPMorgan Chase and other Wall Street heavyweights. They hope to make big money by speculating on the price of permits, called allowances. Electric power plants are required to obtain an allowance for each ton of CO-2 they emit. But exactly who is buying what at these auctions? How much of the carbon market have they cornered? What effect will the wheeling and dealing have on the electricity bills paid by consumers?
That’s none of our business, according to the bureaucrats in charge. They denied New Jersey Watchdog’s Open Public Records Act requests for auction details, contending the bidders’ “expectation of privacy” and “trade secrets” outweigh the public right to know."

So those bidders feel so good about "reducing" CO2 that they prefer to remain secret . So glad my state doesn't participate in that junk scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 02:28 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,048 times
Let me preface my post by stating the following: I'm not convinced one way or another with GW. The problem I have comes in how the GW believers package up and deliver their message to us, The People. They tell us it's about a cleaner environment and sustainability. Hahaha! What BS!!! Wall St. and high finance will rig ANOTHER market so they can bet with OUR money. I really hope the Liberals understand what's going on here. After all, one of the things many Liberals hate is Wall St. They shouldn't be fooled by the Green movement. The Green movement, while it looks good on the surface, is a movement to indoctrinate Americans, especially younger ones, into giving support for cap and trade (the poorly understood part of the Green Movement's followers). Maybe one day, Liberals will learn they're being duped again. This probably won't happen until they lose what little wealth they have. In any event, this is my take on this topic.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Let me preface my post by stating the following: I'm not convinced one way or another with GW. The problem I have comes in how the GW believers package up and deliver their message to us, The People. They tell us it's about a cleaner environment and sustainability. Hahaha! What BS!!! Wall St. and high finance will rig ANOTHER market so they can bet with OUR money. I really hope the Liberals understand what's going on here. After all, one of the things many Liberals hate is Wall St. They shouldn't be fooled by the Green movement. The Green movement, while it looks good on the surface, is a movement to indoctrinate Americans, especially younger ones, into giving support for cap and trade (the poorly understood part of the Green Movement's followers). Maybe one day, Liberals will learn they're being duped again. This probably won't happen until they lose what little wealth they have. In any event, this is my take on this topic.
This is what I don't understand at all. They think they are helping the environment by paying more for...nothing! CO2 makes up such a negligible part of our atmosphere it hardly has any change in our atmospheric temperature. The most potent greenhouse has is H2O. Water vapor! And that makes up a very huge chunk of our atmosphere

Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 PM

Well, I don't really understand the science, theunbrainwashed. However, it's becoming easier these days to detect theft and scams.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't really understand the science, theunbrainwashed. However, it's becoming easier these days to detect theft and scams.
Copenhagen couldn't have been more clear of that. When I first saw that the cap-and-trade scheme is basically one huge welfare check for the 3rd World, that's when the light bulb (incandescent one, mind) went off in my head and realized it's just one huge grand scheme to redistribute our wealth and success to dictators and governments that collapse and change every few years.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Copenhagen couldn't have been more clear of that. When I first saw that the cap-and-trade scheme is basically one huge welfare check for the 3rd World, that's when the light bulb (incandescent one, mind) went off in my head and realized it's just one huge grand scheme to redistribute our wealth and success to dictators and governments that collapse and change every few years.
I agree and disagree with your post. Yes, it's a redistribution (well, really looting) of wealth. Middle-class Americans will have more and more taken from them, but I don't believe it will be given to 3rd world countries. In the end, the oligarchs will land all of the wealth. Nothing has really changed over hundreds, even thousands of years.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I agree and disagree with your post. Yes, it's a redistribution (well, really looting) of wealth. Middle-class Americans will have more and more taken from them, but I don't believe it will be given to 3rd world countries. In the end, the oligarchs will land all of the wealth. Nothing has really changed over hundreds, even thousands of years.
They'll definitely find someway to pocket alot of the money for themselves. Which is why GE (who owns MSNBC) is so heavily invested in the cap-and-trade scam. They're going to profit from it and of course give some of the money to the 3rd world nations in return for their CO2 permits. How is this going to develop the 3rd world? Not at all. It's basically glorified foreign aid

Old 09-16-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
They'll definitely find someway to pocket alot of the money for themselves. Which is why GE (who owns MSNBC) is so heavily invested in the cap-and-trade scam. They're going to profit from it and of course give some of the money to the 3rd world nations in return for their CO2 permits. How is this going to develop the 3rd world? Not at all. It's basically glorified foreign aid
No, it's not glorified foreign aid. Wall St. will probably work hand in hand with the IMF and other central banks to lend (give) money to poor countries and their leaders and/or governments will keep it all for themselves. Then the governments of those countries will default and the bankers will come in and take resources and enslave the people. The banks want the countries to default, even though their upfront costs are high. In the end, there's billions to be made.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:56 PM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times
The people that stand to gain the most from a global C&T scheme are those who are tied to the Chicago Climate Exchange. They'd get a piece of every single "carbon" trade that took place. Look into that organization and you'll see some... "familiar" names.

It's such an obvious, blatant scam, it's completely ridiculous. Thank goodness Obama's going to be a lame duck after November, and this terrible, terrible idea will (hopefully) be put to bed permanently.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:03 PM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times
More on CCX..

CCX Scandal Chart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies