Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 04:06 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,272,110 times

Advertisements

I can paint a wall without getting a drop of paint on my clothes. I've done it many times, not to mention that two hundred dollars for a shirt isn't a lot of money for a first lady to spend on a blouse.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:12 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,424,718 times
So she spends $200 to buy a shirt thus helping a local business and neocons get all upset over it. Can never please them.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,031,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
$200 is dirt cheap these days.
Not to someone whose house is in foreclosure and is standing in line at a food bank for the first time in their lives.

Free advice to the Obamas: Shop at Target and connect with the electorate.

It's like they sit up nights thinking of ways to give ammunition to Limbaugh and Beck.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:33 PM

37,056 posts, read 42,009,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Not to someone whose house is in foreclosure and is standing in line at a food bank for the first time in their lives.

Free advice to the Obamas: Shop at Target and connect with the electorate.

It's like they sit up nights thinking of ways to give ammunition to Limbaugh and Beck.
The Obamas house isn't in foreclosure and they aren't standing in line at the food bank so they don't have to shop at Target. And this isn't "ammunition" unless you are an idiot.

I'll remind you that at any given point in US history people have been poor, but that doesn't been the ones who aren't should do without "just because", especially our representatives and highest elected officials. You sound like a petulant child. Are you eating out of a garbage can because others are? Didn't think so.

$200 is NOT out of line for a nice piece of clothing. And Mrs. Obama is especially tall so I imagine finding clothing that fits will require a little more $$ than you bargin bin is likely to carry.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:44 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,037,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Let's make all public employees shop for clothes at Wal-Mart so they don't waste our taxpayer money.
First of all, I do no think that buying a blouse that is made in China is displaying good taste or patriotism. Maybe more women woud be able to afford a 200 dollar blouse if our economy has not been devestated by outsourcing by stores like Walmart and Target. Where was this blouse made? That is the important issue if any at all.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,031,091 times
[quote=Ceece;15914205] You sound like a petulant child.[quote]

If you say so. But I honestly think you missed my point.

Day after day people like Limbaugh and Beck rant and rave about Michelle's spending. $500 boots in the vegetable garden. Trips to resorts in Spain. Turn on Rush any morning and he spends 30 minutes ranting about "Michelle my belle". Like it or not, the Obama's paint great big targets on their backsides. And millions of people listen to Rush and Beck ranting and raving and day in and day out cheering them on, "You got that right! Go get 'em!"

All I'm trying to do is point out that $200 blouses make a lot of people angry and uncomfortable. Those people vote. Personally, I don't care where Michelle shops or how much she spends. It's her money.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:48 PM

[quote=DewDropInn;15914327][quote=Ceece;15914205] You sound like a petulant child.
Quote:

Day after day people like Limbaugh and Beck rant and rave about Michelle's spending. $500 boots in the vegetable garden. Trips to resorts in Spain. Turn on Rush any morning and he spends 30 minutes ranting about "Michelle my belle". Like it or not, the Obama's paint great big targets on their backsides. And millions of people listen to Rush and Beck ranting and raving and day in and day out cheering them on, "You got that right! Go get 'em!"

All I'm trying to do is point out that $200 blouses make a lot of people angry and uncomfortable. Those people vote. Personally, I don't care where Michelle shops or how much she spends. It's her money.
Again though, a professional woman knows $200 is not out of line. The "petulant child" remark was in reference to Target shopping.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,018,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

The average Target/Walmart shopper isn't going to recognize a Tom Binns t-shirt or have any idea how much it might have cost. The "angry mob" is being ruthlessly manipulated, while Rush and Beck laugh all the way to the bank.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:57 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,863,629 times
[quote=DewDropInn;15914327][quote=Ceece;15914205] You sound like a petulant child.
Quote:

First off, how about turning off Rush and Beck? There...no more ranting. Problem solved.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM

[quote=skyegirl;15914477][quote=DewDropInn;15914327]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You sound like a petulant child.

First off, how about turning off Rush and Beck? There...no more ranting. Problem solved.
Seriously. I've never watch them and don't intend to start now. Why set yourself up? Everyone knows they tell half-truths so why put yourself in a position to have to figure out or wonder what is real and what isn't?

The answer is that people like the entertainment and enjoy it when others bash people they don't like. The truth doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies