Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The problem is, what "rate" will they be able to get insurance at? And will they actually BE ABLE?
He's saying if you get sick and don't have insurance you shouldn't expect it and he's 100% correct. Would you expect to get insurance after you wreck your car to pay for it?

If you can get insurance after you get sick why does anyone have an incentive to get it when they are healthy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 09:58 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
I envy future generation of Amercians, who will hopefully shed the idiocy that surrounds adults of today and will not have to contend with the a-hole candidates that are being offered up. These people, such as Huckabee, are dinosaurs and will not be misssed when they go extinct.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:49 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
He's saying if you get sick and don't have insurance you shouldn't expect it and he's 100% correct. Would you expect to get insurance after you wreck your car to pay for it?

If you can get insurance after you get sick why does anyone have an incentive to get it when they are healthy?
He's saying that insurance companies shouldn't have to cover those who WERE sick and are now healthy. That's what a pre-existing condition is. I had colon cancer and now show no evidence of disease. In the 45 states that don't have affordable insurance plans for this type of thing I couldn't get insurance. Lucikly I live in one of the 5 states that DOES offer an insurance plan that I can afford. (No it's not welfare. I pay ALOT for it... So don't go there)

Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Since it is a criminal offense to give health care without government permission (license) there is no RIGHT to health care.

Let's decriminalize health care, first.
Perhaps then it may come down in cost, once the government is out of the picture.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:41 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Bring on the death panels...oh, wait, no such thing

"The Senate Finance Committee is taking the idea of advance care planning consultations with doctors off the table as it works to craft its version of healthcare legislation, a Democratic committee aide said Thursday."

Senate committee scraps healthcare provision that gave rise to 'death panel' claims - Los Angeles Times

Yep, totally made up out of thin air.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
He's saying that insurance companies shouldn't have to cover those who WERE sick and are now healthy. That's what a pre-existing condition is.
No the term can be applied to either and if you have had cancer you are now a risky venture for insurance company, if we want to stick to the car analogy it's like having a driver with a poor driving record that will either pay an enormous rate or not be able to get insurance at all because they are a risk. There is only one thing the consumer should be guaranteed of, if they have insurance the insurance company should not be allowed to drop them if you do get sick.

The only people that should be guaranteed availability of insurance is newborns.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

This sounds like a Rush Limbaugh talking point. I've heard it many times on this forum. Who even needs to listen to Rush; just wait a few hours and the talking points will appear on CD!

It's getting insurance, as mlassoff pointed out, if you've ever been sick, with any condition. In the case of type II diabetes (or type I for that matter), it may mean not being able to get insurance even if your diabetes is well controlled.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:01 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
He sounds very uncompassionate. Even if he's against national health care, I think it's cold of him to disparage sick people like that.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This sounds like a Rush Limbaugh talking point. I've heard it many times on this forum. Who even needs to listen to Rush; just wait a few hours and the talking points will appear on CD!
LOL, the only time I ever hear what Rush has to say is when a liberal repeats it. You apparently listen to him more than me because I wouldn't be aware of anything he's said for the last 10 years and even then it wasn't by choice..

Old 09-18-2010, 12:16 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
No the term can be applied to either and if you have had cancer you are now a risky venture for insurance company, if we want to stick to the car analogy it's like having a driver with a poor driving record that will either pay an enormous rate or not be able to get insurance at all because they are a risk. There is only one thing the consumer should be guaranteed of, if they have insurance the insurance company should not be allowed to drop them if you do get sick.

The only people that should be guaranteed availability of insurance is newborns.
so.............only wealthy people with pre-existing conditions deserve health care

...........what was that about death panels?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies