Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 04:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You need doctor visit coverage. You need general hospitalization coverage. You do however, seem to think you know what all your needs will be until you reach Medicare age, by virtue of your association with these RNs, so far be it from me to tell you you may be shooting yourself in the foot.
one more time, the insurance company would pay for catastrophic care after $2500, lab tests, and prescription drugs, and I WOULD PAY THE DOCTORS. you really need to read everything posted, not just pick and choose. doctors visits are not that expensive.

but let me ask you this, does your auto insurance cover everything your car needs? does it pay for oil changes? new tires? trips to the shop for maintenance and repairs? a repaint when the time comes? replacing light bulbs and fuses? why should health insurance pay for everything when all that does is make health care costs higher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 05:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
one more time, the insurance company would pay for catastrophic care after $2500, lab tests, and prescription drugs, and I WOULD PAY THE DOCTORS. you really need to read everything posted, not just pick and choose. doctors visits are not that expensive.

but let me ask you this, does your auto insurance cover everything your car needs? does it pay for oil changes? new tires? trips to the shop for maintenance and repairs? a repaint when the time comes? replacing light bulbs and fuses? why should health insurance pay for everything when all that does is make health care costs higher?
Do you know what "catastrophic" care is? It's not doctor visits, even if you're sick.

http://www.individual-health-plans.com/catastrophic.htm
The plan usually does not cover regular doctor visits (check ups, etc.) but it does provide major hospital and medical expenses coverage. If you are in good health and simply want to be covered in case of a major illness or accident, then a catastrophic health plan might be the best option for you.

Catastrophic health plans usually cover hospital stays, x-rays, and surgical expenses, but do not normally cover mental health care or maternity care.

There is no comparison between auto insurance and health insurance, no matter how much Rush says so.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Do you know what "catastrophic" care is? It's not doctor visits, even if you're sick.

Catastrophic Coverage
The plan usually does not cover regular doctor visits (check ups, etc.) but it does provide major hospital and medical expenses coverage. If you are in good health and simply want to be covered in case of a major illness or accident, then a catastrophic health plan might be the best option for you.

Catastrophic health plans usually cover hospital stays, x-rays, and surgical expenses, but do not normally cover mental health care or maternity care.
you wouldnt kid me would you?

Quote:
There is no comparison between auto insurance and health insurance, no matter how much Rush says so.
back when i was a kid, health insurance was in fact handled this way. you paid the doctor when you went for a check up, and you paid for your prescription drugs, the insurance covered hospital stays and lab tests and other major medical expenses.

and auto insurance is the same way. you pay for the minor stuff, and some of the major stuff, but the insurance pays to repair collision damage, and pay the other driver if you are the one at fault. and i dont give a damn what rush says about insurance, i have felt this way for a long time.

but if you want the health insurance to cover everything, fine, you can pay the extra money needed to do so, just remember that you are part of the problem with costly health insurance because you dont take the time to shop for better prices on doctors visits. remember that every dollar the insurance companies pay out has to come from somewhere. and just like auto insurance, if they pay out even on the minor items, then rates are going to go up for everyone.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
you wouldnt kid me would you?

back when i was a kid, health insurance was in fact handled this way. you paid the doctor when you went for a check up, and you paid for your prescription drugs, the insurance covered hospital stays and lab tests and other major medical expenses.

and auto insurance is the same way. you pay for the minor stuff, and some of the major stuff, but the insurance pays to repair collision damage, and pay the other driver if you are the one at fault. and i dont give a damn what rush says about insurance, i have felt this way for a long time. but if you want the health insurance to cover everything, fine, you can pay the extra money needed to do so.
The first is a direct quote from the article about "catastrophic insurance". I did not make that up.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
The first is a direct quote from the article about "catastrophic insurance". I did not make that up.
i know, i saw the link. but i know how catastrophic health insurance works.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
i know, i saw the link. but i know how catastrophic health insurance works.
So you know that some of your doctor visits, maybe all of them, won't even count towards your deductible?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
So you know that some of your doctor visits, maybe all of them, won't even count towards your deductible?
you think? trust me, i am not some wide eyed 15 year old who doesnt know how things work. i have been around the block more than a few times, in fact i have been down the street, across state lines, across the country, and back again. i have a good idea of how things work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies