Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:44 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Hope and change!

Monsanto hired mercenary Blackwater to infiltrate anti-GMO groups
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 06:58 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
They started working for Monsanto in 2008 - the contract was signed in Dec. 2007. (So keep lookin)

Of course sole owner & former CEO, Erik Prince moved to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. He says he moved to Abu Dhabi because of its "great proximity to potential opportunities across the entire Middle East, and great logistics," adding that it has "a friendly business climate, low taxes, free trade and no trial lawyers or labor unions. It's pro-business and opportunity." It also has no extradition treaty with the United States.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
They started working for Monsanto in 2008 - the contract was signed in Dec. 2007. (So keep lookin)
So Obama became a leader and canceled this contract? Or does he only focus his efforts on abrogating contracts that involve bondholders of auto companies? He became a leader and didn't hire a czar with heavy ties towards Monsanto?

Old 09-18-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
So Obama became a leader and canceled this contract? Or does he only focus his efforts on abrogating contracts that involve bondholders of auto companies? He became a leader and didn't hire a czar with heavy ties towards Monsanto?

Is Monsanto choosing between bailout or out of business?
Nope, so no comparison.

But, as with GM, if they did, either way it goes down, most of the bondholders get nothing.

Playing Wall Street is just Las Vegas, except with more sharks.
It is still gambling. And you don't always win.
Just ask those who invested in Enron.

I'm still waiting for my dividends from Enron and GM (and a few others)......
I guess I should whine.

Last edited by plannine; 09-18-2010 at 07:53 AM..

Old 09-18-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Is Monsanto choosing between bailout or out of business?
Nope, so no comparison.
Government cannot and should not abrogate contracts regardless. The point is that Obama took it upon himself to interfere. Why not interfere with a much more just case of a corporate giant infiltrating anti-GMO groups? Aren't they breaking the law by doing so? What laws were the automakers breaking by going out of business? His decision to not interfere is consistent with his pro-Gitmo stance.

Quote:
But, as with GM, if they did, either way it goes down, most of the bondholders get nothing.
There is a pecking order and government is not responsible for interfering with it. That is a court matter only.

Quote:
Playing Wall Street is just Las Vegas, except with more sharks.
It is still gambling. And you don't always win.
Just ask those who invested in Enron.

I'm still waiting for my dividends from Enron and GM (and a few others)......
I guess I should whine.
Don't know what this has to do with the conversation.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Government cannot and should not abrogate contracts regardless.
If a company (any company) files for bankruptcy, the Government is involved and responsible for the restructuring or dismantling of the company. The courts (and justice department) are Government.

Quote:
The point is that Obama took it upon himself to interfere. Why not interfere with a much more just case of a corporate giant infiltrating anti-GMO groups? Aren't they breaking the law by doing so?
Has anything more then one opinion accused them of doing such?
Corporate infiltration of groups is not illegal now, is it?

But (from the article)

"..about the activities of groups or individuals that could pose a risk to company personnel or operations around the world which were developed by monitoring local media reports and other publicly available information. The subject matter ranged from information regarding terrorist incidents in Asia or kidnappings in Central America to scanning the content of activist blogs and websites."

Seems like most here on C-D do that daily......lock them up and take away their business?

Quote:
Don't know what this has to do with the conversation.
You brought up the auto companies and bondholders.....nothing to compare with Monsanto is there.

Last edited by plannine; 09-18-2010 at 08:13 AM..

Old 09-18-2010, 01:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
So Xee is going to raid hobby farmers and homesteaders for their non-Hybrid seeds? LOL please.....

If a monopoly ever needed breaking it is no doubt Monsanto and the grip it has on our food sources. However, when the government is in bed with them people have to make a choice to begin providing their own food sources or eat the poison pumped out by Monsanto and company.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:59 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Hope and change!
Why is it a big deal?

It's been going on for decades. I guess you don't remember when Wackenhut Security set up a big environmental sting operation posing as a pro-environmental group up in Alaska and giving all the names of oil company employees and others who joined the group or gave money contributions to oil the oil companies and the FBI.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:14 PM

504 posts, read 457,013 times
We are getting close. Stock up on Ammo food fuel and water. We are sooooooo close. If we dont get control of these transational corporations youre (not me)gonna wake up one day and its not going to be the Govt putting you into a camp its going to be the likes of KBR, Halliburton, Monsantos, Blackwater and BP. You dip-splits on the right can only see and belly ache about the negro figure-head of our country while the real perps tighten their anaconda choke on our freedoms liberties and complete way of life. Keep bitchin bout Obama its laughable, the first time he makes a wrong move the real puppet masters will splatter his brains on national TV just like they did Kennedy.

I dont doubt that board like this have lackey's from transnational monitoring our posts. Call me a tin foil hatter all you want. But this Tin-foil hatter is gonna be still recording kills while you live behind barbed wire and waste away til you can play the zylaphone across your emaciated ribs. Its coming ....................Dont say Killa P didnt warn you.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Monsanto..evil incarnate. God I'd love to see them taken down by their own greed. As home gardens grow in popularity I wonder how they plan to compensate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies