Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 09:14 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,212,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Thanks for explaining.

Yep! Which is why my parents took me and my siblings right out of public school after getting a huge run-around after my 8 year old brother was (literally) picked up and thrown in to a desk (knocked the wind out of him, broke a rib) by a girl who didn't like the fact that the teach had to leave the class for a few minutes and he was the "monitor" - she acted up, brother wrote her name down, etc. Thing was this girl should have been in 5th grade. Not 3rd. She kept getting held back and obviously had a little bit of an anger issue. Her mother was an idiot (from the projects and of course and given my father's business in town, he knew her). No one took responsibility at any level. My parents kept getting the run-around.

Hello private school!

Kidnapping?

My Dad got on the school bus one morning, back in the early 80's when bus drivers would smoke while driving, and told all the kids to shut the hell up and keep their GD hands to themselves and stay the hell in their seats or he'd knock their ****ing heads together (before the tossing of a little boy by big fat beast into a desk issue - and the beast was not on that bus). And he didn't do it b/c of his kids - he did it b/c we'd tell him about the jerks picking on 5 year olds and 1st graders and how bad it was.

This Dad should have called the parents of the a-hole kids. No, he should have showed up at the a-hole kids front doors and bring his daughter right along with him and asked the parents what they thought about what their stupid kid is doing to his daughter.

Unfortunately the apple never falls too far.

Not kidnapping, false imprisonment--my bad.

I don't know about this district but many districts issue policies in a handbook at the beginning of the year and they may require the parents to sign off on them. I think that many parents do so without thinking in terms of "Oh, this could happen to my kid" or do not truly understand what they mean until they are smack dab in the middle of it. By that time you realize how limited the policies are.

I get a policy handbook and there are things in there that I feel are truly horrid for my district. Such as the police can show up at school to question your child and the school as guardian can allow them to without a parent present and they can suspend and not call the parent but send notice in the mail and zero tolerance policies. I think that these are things that need to be addressed before the school board elections and any limited time that is given to the public during school board meetings. And people need to question if the discretion has been removed from the Principal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 12:37 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,146,248 times
Wish I could get a hold of that dad, I'd love to take him to dinner & buy him a beer!!

I have a 3 year old son who has cerebral palsy, & the first time anyone bullies him, there is going to be HELL to pay!! Nowadays, kids rape,stab,shoot,and kill other kids, if you read the news you know kids nowadays can be downright LETHAL. Obviously these little brats were not taught proper manners by their parents, 3 cheers for the dad for giving them a little education!

Here is a Facebook page called Cerebral Palsy,Stop the Abuse!
Welcome to Facebook
These people are constantly getting abused,killed,neglected horribly, etc., & it's a damn shame that a father is punished for standing up to these evil brats!!

Old 09-19-2010, 12:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,541,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Thanks.

This is what I am looking at: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Why can't it be argued that if she was truly in imminent danger, he would have found another way to take her to school? Secondly, had all other methods been exhausted? Did he go to the school board? Could he have made other transportation arrangements while waiting to...exhaust those methods? And what role, if any, does the bus as property play in this?

In addition, I find it amazing that they could play back the tapes of him rather quickly but not the tapes of the girl on the bus being tortured.
He should not have had to exhaust all other methods to have the abuse of his daughter stopped. The school and the bus driver shouldn't have to be told and the thug kids shouldn't be allowed to run things.

The father was very restrained when you look at the video. He gave the kids nothing more than a verbal lashing, he didn't lay a finger on them. He simply warned them all that it had better stop.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:42 AM

Another link: Dad Storms Bus, Confronts Disabled Daughter's Bullies - News Story - WFTV Orlando

Old 09-19-2010, 12:51 AM

Default My Pet Peeve!

Just wanted to note, they are pronouncing cerebral palsy wrong in the video I posted above, it is NOT pronounced "sara-bull" palsy, but "sir-RE-bral" palsy. Sorry, but that drives me bonkers!!

Old 09-19-2010, 06:46 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,212,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He should not have had to exhaust all other methods to have the abuse of his daughter stopped. The school and the bus driver shouldn't have to be told and the thug kids shouldn't be allowed to run things.

The father was very restrained when you look at the video. He gave the kids nothing more than a verbal lashing, he didn't lay a finger on them. He simply warned them all that it had better stop.

malamute, in a perfect world this would not have happened. And people should not have to deal with this. Children should not be subjected to this. But it did happen.

And depending on how the law is set up and how it applies in Florida, he very well may have to exhaust all other methods. Hence the reason for the questions. If you do not like what you see than get a hold of your local school districts policy hand book and go over it with a fine tooth comb and start asking questions and doing what you can to prevent this from happening.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:39 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,591,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
When i was a little girl at 10 a few kids boys and girls....used to pick on me and hit me....i said something to my mom and she told me the next time you see them pop the biggest one in the face as hard as you can and they will all run. The next time they did it i decked the oldest boy....and they all scattered.
I agree with your Mom when no adults are around, but there were adults there AND this little girl is disabled. Of course if bullies are physical you defend yourself whether adults are around or not. But self-defense not likely to help in this little girl's case since she is disabled, and since it makes it worse that she attends Florida schools where admins do nothing or take forever after parents EXHAUST everything. This is not unique for even disabled kids in Florida. Plus, bullies would make fun of her attempts to defend herself, so it would be even more demeaning and bring on low self esteem for a disabled child, so they would pick on her more. It's different for disabled kids, the WORST bullies go after them, the ones who are probably the most sociopathic.

Last edited by aspiesmom; 09-19-2010 at 07:47 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 08:20 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,286,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Sorry, I'm still laughing!

Only problem is they would have gotten kicked out of school - would have made a great youtube video however!
If their hand grip slipped, and the kid's pants abandoned him in transit, well, that would have worked too.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:25 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
They should give the dad a job working schoolbus security
I repped ya !

Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,850,130 times
I'm all for having bus drivers that can't speak any english and chaperons that also can't speak any english, it seems to fit in with our national immigration policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies