Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:28 PM

301 posts, read 403,656 times

Advertisements

Then as Republicans you would stop watching and Fox would lose millions of dollars in revenue and would cease to exist. Therefore, most of what you see on Fox News you will agree with if you're Republican. The same goes for the liberal media. Do you agree with said theory? Of not, why? Thanks.

Last edited by TruthBeautyGoodness; 09-15-2010 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 12:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I agree with some of what he says, but not everything. He's still a neo-con to me even if he started flirting with libertarianism lately

Old 09-15-2010, 12:46 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Republicans don't have that option. All they should say is 'amen'. Fox News can easily cut down any dissent and ruin the career of any Republican that voices opinions contrary to Beck (and Fox).

Old 09-15-2010, 12:48 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Beck bashes Republicans too. I see the OP is severely misinformed.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:51 PM

203 posts, read 278,763 times
And this is a surprise to you? Of course! If Beck moved to the left he would lose viewers. Just as if Rachel Maddow moved to the right she would lose viewers. It isnt rocket science or some kind of enlightening idea. People like to watch shows that back up and show their viewpoints. It is supply and demand. Very simple stuff here.

Not all Glenn Beck supporters are Republicans. Many like myself are independent conservatives. I would vote for a Democrat if he was more conservative than the GOP man. I will go for the third party if neither are conservative. I could care less about political party. Parties only care about the good of the party. Neither party cares about the people so why should I care about the parties?

Old 09-15-2010, 01:01 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I've always been a conservative Democrat but ever since Barry betrayed his campaign promises (if he wanted government to be so transparent, then audit the Fed!) I can't trust any Democrats ever again. I don't like the Republicans either because they are for big government as well but they are the lesser of the two evils IMO. We need more REAL Tea Party people, not fake ones. And I hate how Beck, Dick Armey, and Sarah Palin wrap themselves in the Tea Party banner, when they are scummy neo-cons themselves. I've listened to Alex Jones's show sometimes, and compare it to Glenn Beck and it seems Beck is taking a page out of AJ's show and Judge Napolitano's as well. If you want an independent conservative commentator, listen to Michael Savage. He's ostracized from Fox News and the Republican Party because he's outspoken against the entire political establishment

Old 09-15-2010, 01:07 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,526,311 times
All Glenn is doing is spreading Mormon theology...most of what he says comes straight from mormonism....the other day he was talking about native americans and he inferred that they could have descended from Israel....straight LDS babble.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey mouse is dead View Post
All Glenn is doing is spreading Mormon theology...most of what he says comes straight from mormonism....the other day he was talking about native americans and he inferred that they could have descended from Israel....straight LDS babble.
Do you know that they didn't?

Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
he does. you just arent listening.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:20 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Glenn Beck, like all other partisans in the mass media, have studiously avoided the 800 pound gorilla in the living room.

What gorilla?

The law.

I've sent many an email to him (read by his staff, no doubt), correcting his many gaffs with respect to the law on the books.

Whether you're right or left wing, the law is the law.

And what he and all others have not dared to whisper ...
Well, if you're interested, http://www.city-data.com/forum/13981309-post25.html
I won't waste CD's bandwidth repeating the same message, over and over.

Or read this thread:
Both wings of the same vulture
Or this:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/13762240-post116.html

What is law?
"All law is the protection of property rights, all else is policy, and policy requires consent."

Or as the Declaration of Independence puts it:
Job #1 = secure rights, and
Job #2 = govern those who consent.

Caveat. Consent waives job #1.
When you've surrendered your property rights, all that remains is policy - more commonly known as government by opinion polls, popularity contests, and legalized bribery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies