Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:36 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
!) The cities will have more money due to his policies.

2) The tunnel will save billions of the tax payers money.

3) I see no "blame game".

4) He's eliminating waste as he goes along.

5) SJ will benefit from his policies.

6) Huh?

He's done more in 9 months than Obama will do in 1 term.
While he may be attempting to convince that is so, in practice he's done nothing. now he's taking off on his Christie for President tour. All I've seen is a crybaby when he doesn't get his own way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 10:03 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,290,603 times
We will know what kind of Governor he is -- a couple to several -- years after he leaves office.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:25 PM

327 posts, read 881,854 times
like what i see so far.. just hope he doesn't go to California or NY before fixing up the crooked unions and bloated gov't here.. residents in those states are drooling of having him there.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I think it's still too early to pass any kind of judgement...
This hit the point of the thread, and the purpose of the title. The Christie haters out there are slinging mud as hard as they can, and it is really way too early to pass such judgement on him. I was aiming to do the converse. I like the guy so far, as he speaks out for the tax payers. Some of his talk has turned into action, but I would like to see a lot more of it (action, that is). The bottom line is that things need to be done in this state that are going to **** some people off. As long as the majority benefits, you cant really worry about the pissed off vocal minority.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:04 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
I think he needs to just keep pissing people off left and right and get it out of the way. That way, no one can say, "oh, here he goes again". It will be one continuous pissing contest and people won't know exactly what to be angry about because it will be so much.

Change is always difficult for people in general. Throw a bunch of change in there and you will see results quicker.

Just my twisted theory.....

Old 09-22-2010, 07:19 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
OK, I might be willing to say he's The Best Governor NJ Has Ever Seen, because that's like saying he's better than the dregs of politicians worldwide.

In particular, my beefs with him arise from:
1) His "making us ALL hurt". Yeah ... I guess except for the rich, as in: N.J. Gov. 'Wrecking Ball' Christie swings budget ax, misses tax cut for wealthy | NJ.com
I honestly don't see why this is a problem, cutting tax for the "rich". (Sorry, I don't think making $400k a year is rich, yes you can live better than others, but you still have to work). I think he did a good thing, why do you want the rich to leave and all the state left is people who depends on our support?

I think our current system is fvck up. When my parents can here 20+ years ago, they work 12 hours a day to support the family. They get pay very little, but are happy because they know their hard work will make us, their children has a better futures. Nowadays, people don't even work. They just sign up for welfare. Free food, food housing, free medical. I don't blame then, because if they decide to work, they loss all these benefits. Probably get a lot less after taxes. So why work, when you just sit at home and get paid.

Nowadays, these people live in high rise apartment in Manhattan, with modem upgrade, for 10% of market rate. Do you see what is wrong with this picture?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,584 times
Say what you will he is going to have a tough time getting re-elected. The simple fact is he only won by 50k votes in a super super low turnout. His policies in the long run will be seen as pro rich and anti poor or lower middle class. Not to mention a lot of union workers (cops,teachers,firefighters) actually voted for him and that won't happen next time at all. All in all I think he is in for a tough fight in a few years. He might be better served to move on to something better because the sledding in NJ will not be easy.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:38 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Say what you will he is going to have a tough time getting re-elected. The simple fact is he only won by 50k votes in a super super low turnout. His policies in the long run will be seen as pro rich and anti poor or lower middle class. Not to mention a lot of union workers (cops,teachers,firefighters) actually voted for him and that won't happen next time at all. All in all I think he is in for a tough fight in a few years. He might be better served to move on to something better because the sledding in NJ will not be easy.

exactly. The voter turnout was 35%, and if he has any aspirations to run for President, he could tuck that one away as well. Folks were in fear of the thought of Palin as second in command, could you imagine Christie. He has taken his loud mouth bully tour on the road. That just very well may backfire on those candidates. Nov 2nd will definately be interesting to watch the Christie endorsement tracker.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:52 AM

555 posts, read 1,653,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
exactly. The voter turnout was 35%, and if he has any aspirations to run for President, he could tuck that one away as well. Folks were in fear of the thought of Palin as second in command, could you imagine Christie. He has taken his loud mouth bully tour on the road. That just very well may backfire on those candidates. Nov 2nd will definately be interesting to watch the Christie endorsement tracker.
People were afraid of Palin as 2nd in command because she was an airhead with little political experience. She believed a smile and a wink could get here through any issues.

I believe the American people would vote for Christie because he would create an impression that he represents the people, the voters, the tax payers... not the unions, not the lobbyists. He won a heavily democratic state with that stance... you don't believe it would work on a larger, but voter nuetral stage?

He does need to work on his physical appearance in the next 2 years though. Not losing about 100 lbs would hurt him in the polls as female voters have repeatedly been shown to vote for the candidate they find more attractive.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemmert View Post
People were afraid of Palin as 2nd in command because she was an airhead with little political experience. She believed a smile and a wink could get here through any issues.

I believe the American people would vote for Christie because he would create an impression that he represents the people, the voters, the tax payers... not the unions, not the lobbyists. He won a heavily democratic state with that stance... you don't believe it would work on a larger, but voter nuetral stage?

He does need to work on his physical appearance in the next 2 years though. Not losing about 100 lbs would hurt him in the polls as female voters have repeatedly been shown to vote for the candidate they find more attractive.

He won in a heavily Democratic state because the Democrats DID NOT VOTE, they did not go to the polls. To those people I say shut your mouth and take it raw for the next 3 years, but get their arse to the polls next time. NJ turnout was 35%, that is the lowest in 60 years. Christie nor his supporters should see this as a affirmation for his so called Greatness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies