Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,587,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

Many of you are extremely closed minded and have an attitude of American Exceptionalism, which is the belief that America is the best in the world despite the fact this country has slipped in global competition with other countries in health care, infrastructure, education, crimine prevention, and other quality of life areas. ...
Well said. The extreme jingoism (is that redundant?) is scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 06:09 PM

23,475 posts, read 23,816,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That's all well and good, but do you have any problems with the assertions made?

Is this better? (see paragraph 6)
Senate candidate Sharron Angle left GOP in Reagan years - Tuesday, June 15, 2010 | 10:59 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun
Great - still no quotes... but I don't doubt that about her. I already explained where I stand with regard to her candidacy, and that I wouldn't have voted for her in the primary if I were a Republican.

Now, back to your original post in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That is just the thing. Tea party people only follow the parts of the constitution they like. When was the last time you heard a tea party person standing up for the 16th amendment?
I did exactly what you asked in direct response to your post, and you flatly ignored my entire reply, save for one sentence. You then went off on some tangent about "the not ratified crowd" which then morphed into "Angle wants to repeal the 16th Amendment." Note that in order to repeal a law, it must have been passed to begin with.

You're all over the place, which isn't surprising. You've been confronted head-on by myself and others, and your arguments have been pummeled. Rather than be a man and admit that you were wrong, or at least acknowledge that not every Tea Party protester fits your left-wing-molded stereotype, you just keep deflecting and changing course.

No more. I'm done with you. Congratulations - you found one Tea Party supported candidate that wants to repeal the Amendment. You didn't even begin to come close to proving - or even suggesting with any credibility - that the core of the movement or the majority of its participants support that action.

In closing, I have a question for you. Are you a single-issue voter? If you're not, why do you think that anybody else would be?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-20-2010 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM

767 posts, read 486,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
What is so extreme about

Following the constitution
Many tea party members have shown a disdain and ignorance of the constitution. Most notably of the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 16th amendment. I bet very few tea party supporters could explain any of these amendments beyond a cut and paste job.
Quote:
Smaller debt
They didn't seem to have a problem when Bush was raising the debt. They still fail to offer solutions as to what programs to cut to reduce the debt. I want smaller debt but don't cut MY benefits.
Quote:
Less taxes
Aren't the tea party types the same people who whine that half of the country doesn't pay enough in taxes? "47% pay no taxes!!" Sound familiar?
Quote:
Less gov in our life
You mean like government out of Medicare and Social Security? They also have no problems with the police having the authority to search and question individuals without a warrant. Except government telling women if they can't or can have an abortion. Except they want government to endorse a religion. Except they want government to prevent gays from getting married, That type of less government?

The reality is that the tea party is essentially the Anti Obama party. A large percentage of tea party types are birthers and have serious issues with Obama's ethnic background. They claim that their main concern is about taxes, yet you see them carrying signs and making comments like "Send him back to Africa" and "Obama = White slavery"

Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 PM

5,996 posts, read 7,058,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
How about this?

"One of my first dates with a witch was on a Satanic altar and I didn't know it," she said. "There was a little blood there, and stuff like that."
"We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a satanic altar," she said.
So COD's weird high school experiences are now officially an "extremist" part of the Tea Party platform, huh? Epic Fail on your part.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:29 PM

5,996 posts, read 7,058,904 times
Quote:
Based on the actions of several people running for office, or support the movement:

Many of you are against equal rights for gays, lesbians, and transgendered people, including people who serve in our military. Some are, some aren't, just like some dems and some reps

Many of you want to take away a woman's right to choose when it comes to abortion Many of us feel that abortion is a human rights issue, we feel that abortion is murder, plain and simple. There are many dems and reps that feel the exact same way.

Many of you advocate for states rights, this has traditionally been a tool to institute discriminatory practices against people of color or attack the rights of those not in the majority. I'm not gonna dignify you're tired race card play, it's boring and intellectually lazy.

Many of you advocate tax cuts for the rich when they have the biggest increases in income in the last decade while middle class incomes have stagnated. Many of us are against class warfare and the politics of jealousy, which you appeear to advocate. We know that the "rich" employ many, many people and don't understand why anyone would want anyones taxes raised in this economy. There are many dems and reps that feel the same way.

Many in your movement perceive of America as White Christian nation and seek to bring that doctrine to government. Again with the racism, huh? <amy of us embrace MLK's dream where we are judged by the content of our character, not the color of our skin, which you so often do.

Many in your movement think we are at war with the entire Islamic religion which inlcudes about 2 billion people on this planet instead of fringe elements that are radical. Define "fringe?" Let's say only 1% of Muslims are "radical", that's still more people than the population than most nations. There are dems and reps that feel the same way.

Many of you support direct military action to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons., Many dems and reps do to.

Some of your political candidates are against sex outside of marriage. That's really none their damn business what another American chooses to do with another consenting adult in their private life. Many, many dems and reps are against premarital sex; are we not entitled to our own opinions?

Many of you are extremely closed minded and have an attitude of American Exceptionalism, which is the belief that America is the best in the world despite the fact this country has slipped in global competition with other countries in health care, infrastructure, education, crimine prevention, and other quality of life areas. Yawn

Many in the movement are motivated by propaganda and not facts. Many lack the intellectual curiosity to truly understand world, and national history, finance, and economics. Therefore many in the movement are easily misled by false statements. Ah, the ole "we're smart and you're stupid" ploy, i.e typical liberal elitism. So, we're extreme because were just a bunch of country bumkin simpletons, huh?

There is an extremely poor slate of political candidates in terms of education, limited worldview, experience, the ability to communicate or show any empathy with Americans that don't look like them, think like them, act like them and worship like them. You're getting redundant, you've called us stupid in many different ways now.

Some of you but not all of you are outright racist. Those of you that are not outright racist in many cases REFUSE to speak out against those that are. Therefore you are complicit in allowing racism to be a fundamental element of the movement. Third time with the race card, when do you reach your quota?

Many of you don't believe all Americans are equal with respect to sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, or religion. Many in the movement believe that as White Christians America is "Their Country" and the feel an overwhelming need "Take It Back" to assert and expand economic, social and political control now that for the first time in history an non-White American is in the White House as President of the United States and the country is becoming more ethnically, racially and religiously diverse.
Again, you're just repeating yourself at this point. P.S The POTUS is just as white as he is black, not that it matters to anyone but you.

My responses are in bold, italics and underlined. In summary, it appears that anyone that does not walk in goosestep, er, lockstep with everything that you believe is "extreme." Man, you must live a boring life living in a constant crowd of group think. I'm gonna tell you the same thing that I told randomstudent; challenge and question your liberal professors, don't be a lemming. You'll be the better for it.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:06 PM

767 posts, read 486,767 times
What is so extreme about the tea party, you tell me

Old 09-20-2010, 10:24 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,318,155 times
Quote:
Again, you're just repeating yourself at this point. P.S The POTUS is just as white as he is black, not that it matters to anyone but you. .
Not that this comment is directed toward you specifically but does anyone know when that rule into effect? I know for the longest time black blood meant you were a black person. Does anyone know when the rules changed?

Most bi-racial (black/white) people are considered black and most self-identify as black.

I believe Obama is the first case I've seen where people are insisting that he's not black because he's mixed and actually get upset when people refer to him as black.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:42 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,496,883 times
OP's ?....simple answer...or one of the answers....

do a google search on Tea Party Racism....

Image results for tea party racism - Report imagesThank you for the feedback. Report another imagePlease report the offensive image. CancelDone

Is the Tea Party Racist?

Several offensive signs.....

Also, why weren't these folks around when W ran up the deflict worse than anyone else in history after being given a surplus?

Old 09-20-2010, 10:57 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,496,883 times
Quote:
Based on the actions of several people running for office, or support the movement:

Many of you are against equal rights for gays, lesbians, and transgendered people, including people who serve in our military.

Many of you want to take away a woman's right to choose when it comes to abortion

Many of you advocate for states rights, this has traditionally been a tool to institute discriminatory practices against people of color or attack the rights of those not in the majority.

Many of you advocate tax cuts for the rich when they have the biggest increases in income in the last decade while middle class incomes have stagnated.

Many in your movement perceive of America as White Christian nation and seek to bring that doctrine to government.

Many in your movement think we are at war with the entire Islamic religion which inlcudes about 2 billion people on this planet instead of fringe elements that are radical.

Many of you support direct military action to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.,

Some of your political candidates are against sex outside of marriage. That's really none their damn business what another American chooses to do with another consenting adult in their private life.

Many of you are extremely closed minded and have an attitude of American Exceptionalism, which is the belief that America is the best in the world despite the fact this country has slipped in global competition with other countries in health care, infrastructure, education, crimine prevention, and other quality of life areas.

Many in the movement are motivated by propaganda and not facts. Many lack the intellectual curiosity to truly understand world, and national history, finance, and economics. Therefore many in the movement are easily misled by false statements.

There is an extremely poor slate of political candidates in terms of education, limited worldview, experience, the ability to communicate or show any empathy with Americans that don't look like them, think like them, act like them and worship like them.

Some of you but not all of you are outright racist. Those of you that are not outright racist in many cases REFUSE to speak out against those that are. Therefore you are complicit in allowing racism to be a fundamental element of the movement.

Many of you don't believe all Americans are equal with respect to sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, or religion. Many in the movement believe that as White Christians America is "Their Country" and the feel an overwhelming need "Take It Back" to assert and expand economic, social and political control now that for the first time in history an non-White American is in the White House as President of the United States and the country is becoming more ethnically, racially and religiously diverse.

Tried to rep you, I couldn't.
I'm going to share this, this sums it up, really.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:11 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,773,557 times
Quote:
I know you all get your same talking points from MoveOn, I mean, you all even use the same exact verbiage, you could be a little more subtle, but anyway:

What is so extreme about

Following the constitution
Smaller debt
Less taxes
Less gov in our life

I'd like specifics, not "O'Donnell believes that masturbation is wrong", many people of all political persuasions do and it's not something that can be legislated anyway, so lets rule that one out. I want to know specifically what is "extreme" about our beliefs?
Well excuse me if I find the phrase "second amendment remedies" a little off the cuff.

or "I dabbled in witch craft"

or the desire to return america to some christian theocracy which it never was.

Please check the extreme box please.

Screw the Tea Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies