Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 11:51 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
well i would think someone from NV would be pretty familar with Sharron Angle's Reconstructionist point of view.

What about the bold....seriously? have you, oh read the GOP platform recently. Might as well read the damn Bible.
Love the irony. P.S. Why not take your own advice and try it, you might learn something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
I'm very familiar with Angle's belief in Constitutional government. Difficult as it may be for you to believe once you get outside of Las Vegas and Reno (both of which are overrun with California refugees) her views are widely embraced by Nevadans. We'd like nothing better than to see Reid become a sad footnote in history.

So now you want to bring up the GOP when you were previously attacking the TEA Party? Make up your mind which group you want to attempt to demonize.

You had a problem with O'Donnell having dabbled with witchcraft now you're bent out of shape about some imagined attempt at a Christian takeover of government. Is it really that difficult to stick with a specific aspect of a group whose political philosophies differ from yours that angers you?
Little bit of pwnage going on right now. me thinks you deserve a rep point.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Well i'm new to california, so don't take your pissy ass attitude towards this state out on me....at least we live near water and our economy isn't based on prostitution and gambling. 14% unemployment these days....hmm I guess the women aren't as fine as they once were.

Pretty soon the GOP will be the Tea Party, at the rate these lunes are going.

Where in the Constitution does it say America is a Christian Theocracy [a a la Angle] and that our laws are derived from God himself....just curious?
if this was a boxing match you would've been tko'd in the third. lol

Old 09-20-2010, 11:54 PM

767 posts, read 489,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Van Jones, Obama's "Green Czar" was an avowed communist and a truther, so using your criteria, all of Obama's confidants are "extremists", correct?
I thought the thread was about the tea party and not Obama. Oh wait, you can't discuss the tea party without bringing up Obama, because the tea party is essentially the anti Obama party, taxes are just a pretense.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
I thought the thread was about the tea party and not Obama. Oh wait, you can't discuss the tea party without bringing up Obama, because the tea party is essentially the anti Obama party, taxes are just a pretense.
UGH, I was pointing out your blatant double standard. You point to one random guy with a dumb sign as an indictment of the whole tea party, so I threw it back to you and gave you an Obama appointee. I will call out leftist hypocrisy all day.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:02 AM

Default Let's see if you answer this with the standard, "ummm, what about the way the left treated Bush?"

Quote:
UGH, I was pointing out your blatant double standard. You point to one random guy with a dumb sign as an indictment of the whole tea party, so I threw it back to you and gave you an Obama appointee. I will call out leftist hypocrisy all day.
You tried to deflect, which is an old right wing tactic. I'll bite nevertheless, if the tea party had a handful of nutcases, you'd have a point, however these attitudes are quite prevalent amongst tea party types, from the rank and file members to the big wigs. Just out of curiosity, what do you think of birthers? What do you think of the signs comparing Obama to a monkey or to Hitler, or to an African witch doctor?

Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
You tried to deflect, which is an old right wing tactic. I'll bite nevertheless, if the tea party had a handful of nutcases, you'd have a point, however these attitudes are quite prevalent amongst tea party types, from the rank and file members to the big wigs. Link? Just out of curiosity, what do you think of birthers? As stupid as truthers. What do you think of the signs comparing Obama to a monkey or to Hitler, or to an African witch doctor? As stupid and juvenile as signs of Bush as Hitler, calling Bush shrub, and cartoons of Bush as a chimp; I condemn them both equally. Can you show me where you condemned those signs and cartoons of Bush as Hitler and a chimp? Thanks
Answers bolded, italicized and underlined.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:42 AM

Default Not this one, the other one, how predictable can you be

Quote:
Answers bolded, italicized and underlined.
Read the heading to my previous post. Unbelievable, this is too easy.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Read the heading to my previous post. Unbelievable, this is too easy.
I read it and it was true. I condemn all hate and did so in that very post. Can you say the same? I asked for a link where you condemned Bush being compared to Hitler, being called Shrub and cartoons of him as a chimp; do you have them? If not that's two hypocritical posts of yours in the last three.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:18 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
They didn't seem to have a problem when Bush was raising the debt.
Actually, many of them did criticize Bush for overspending. Even Sean Hannity criticized Bush frequently on that subject.

Quote:
They still fail to offer solutions as to what programs to cut to reduce the debt. I want smaller debt but don't cut MY benefits.
An easy solution... stop the out-of-control spending!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies