Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 03:17 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
basically the whole article. it could only be by hatred that Obama would make such outlandish claims.
i found a lot of what he was saying to be true especially the part about how people have amnesia. Right now there are so many people anxioulsy awaiting for the electons so the republicans can have control again but they seem to have forgotten what the republicans did last time they were in control or if they didn't forget it it's never mentioned nor is it ever mentioned what they're going to do now the only thing they seem to be talking about is getting the democrats out of control ok so once thats done then what happens im a big picture person and right now the GOP is only showing a snapshot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 03:22 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
I dont know if it was hate filled but he was doing some serious pandering to his most loyal base. What he does best is play on the natural divisons that many have in this country. The rich vs poor, black vs white, public vs private sector, etc.. Louis Farakan and David Duke would have a better shot of uniting their respective groups then Obozo ever could.
I also don't think it was hate filled but he did a lot of pandering. Especially to the Hispanic caucus where he promised an immigration overhaul and told them to remember who is standing against them. And considering who he was talking to at the black caucus I'm pretty sure none of them were ever foot soldiers, so his message was wasted.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:22 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Dude, I'm guessing the 22 stands for your age (or IQ?). But you have to realize this was a straight-up racist post describing the black community as lowest common denominator. And what about this basic political act is wrong? Answer, nothing but your own bigotry.
Obviously BASIC reading skills allude you if that is what you got out of my post. The lowest common denominator refers to playing racial politics!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:24 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Obviously BASIC reading skills allude you if that is what you got out of my post. The lowest common denominator refers to playing racial politics!
I think it's the way that the sentence is written. After momonkey so rudely explained what you meant, I understood but when just reading it as written it does come across like you are calling black people the LCD.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:26 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think it's the way that the sentence is written. After momonkey so rudely explained what you meant, I understood but when just reading it as written it does come across like you are calling black people the LCD.
My apology's as that was NOT what I was saying. Racial politics is the lowest common denominator.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:26 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Thank You...Well Said...And Furthermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Dude, I'm guessing the 22 stands for your age (or IQ?). But you have to realize this was a straight-up racist post describing the black community as lowest common denominator. And what about this basic political act is wrong? Answer, nothing but your own bigotry.
Why is everybody supposed to be wetting their pants and being scared about in November? 'A tsunami'? Of what---chest-beating, flag-waving, pseudo-patriotic screaming about 'taking the country back'?

Well, the way the game is played is this...the party out of power (GOP) starts airing their attack ads, getting all puffed-up and psyched and boasting 'boy, just wait'll November! We'll show ya!'...the party in power (Dems) loses seats, either a majority or a minority, and maybe even the Presidential election...the out-of power folks, with all their attendant fringers and fruit-loops, sweeps into power, crowing about how they're gonna turn things around...

And then, just like now, people start seeing how they were treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed s**t [read: campaign promises]),and that the folks that just swept to victory (GOP) are really (gasp!) no damn better than the ones who got voted out (Dems)---so the cycle continues, at the 2012 midterms, and the 2016 general election...it's been that way in just about every election season since the first one---and it shows no signs of stopping...just the roles get reversed every 4 to 8 years

Old 09-20-2010, 11:03 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
"everytime a person says something someone else accuses them of playing the race card it makes for very little conversation when no matter what you say the reply is "you are playing the race card"

Works the same way when someone is accused of racism everytime they oppose the president.

"So black people are the lowest common denominator? Nice to know. Is there a certain part of his speech that you disagreed with or is just that the fact that he was speaking to black leaders, as stated by your link?"

Reads like the race card to me, but, in this instance, I will accept that she simply didn't understand what the writer meant since it should have been punctuated differently.

"i have to agree with rhawkins that obamas most loyal constituents aren't black people. Besides as its been pointed out on cd many times black people are only 13% of the population and maybe only 8 or 9 % of the voting population according to suprasooby black people will vote for him simply because he's black so he would have no need to play politics with them he's already got there vote, right?"

The problem for the Democrats is getting blacks to show up for a mid-term election with Obama not on the ballot. That 8-9% is critical when the country is so evenly divided and the enthusiasm gap favoring Republicans is so large.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Look at pictures of the 2008 Republican National Convention and look at pictures of the 2008 Democratic National Convention. It's obvious which party represents more of a cross section demographically.

That all depends on the demographics employed. If we create a separate category of individuals who routinely blame white males as a group for their personal short-comings and poor judgment because they are too stupid and lazy to take responsibility for themselves, Democrats are a pretty monolithic crowd.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
i found a lot of what he was saying to be true especially the part about how people have amnesia. Right now there are so many people anxioulsy awaiting for the electons so the republicans can have control again but they seem to have forgotten what the republicans did last time they were in control or if they didn't forget it it's never mentioned nor is it ever mentioned what they're going to do now the only thing they seem to be talking about is getting the democrats out of control ok so once thats done then what happens im a big picture person and right now the GOP is only showing a snapshot

Just look at the approval numbers of Congress and government in general. They've never been lower. It isn't that people have forgotten how Republicans turned their backs on fiscal conservatism, but rather it is Democrats have so galvanized the voting public against their further expansion of government and their reckless spending that anyone not a big spending Democrat has appeal. The RINOs are on their way out too. You may not listen to conservative talk radio, but I do and the popular sentiment now is big spending Republicans have to go too.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 AM

956 posts, read 1,114,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That all depends on the demographics employed. If we create a separate category of individuals who routinely blame white males as a group for their personal short-comings and poor judgment because they are too stupid and lazy to take responsibility for themselves, Democrats are a pretty monolithic crowd.
My friend, don't patronize yourself. In a nation of over 300 million, not even .001% of the population know, or care (myself included) who you are.

In the case of white liberals, all the statistics point to the conclusion that they are more educated, wealthier, and healthier than their conservative counterparts. Why they would be blaming random John Deere wearing hicks for their economic problems is a mystery to me..

In regards to the blacks whom are the other half of the equation you were referring to when you said "too stupid and lazy to take responsibility for themselves". I don't know how many of these individuals your personally know, but even amongst working, middle, and upper class black folks, voting Republican is looked upon with disgust. No amount of "welfare-queen" rhetoric is going to change that.

Pull your head back, spit that sour taste out, and walk away from Rush. You can do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies