Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:05 PM

248 posts, read 244,140 times

Advertisements

Every day I get an email from the Democrats acking for money. Here is today's:

MARGRET --

Starting this week, in battleground states across America, voters are casting their ballots in early voting.

That means this could be our last chance to get out our message to voters in several competitive districts. It is up to us make sure that voters know what is at stake in this election. If we wait until October to expose Republicans' plans to privatize Social Security, cut Medicare, or extend tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas, it could be too late.

We need to raise $500,000 to fully deploy our Early Voter Action Plan in time to reach these critical voters. This is such a critical deadline that a group of committed Democrats will give two dollars for every dollar you contribute.

Contribute $5, $10 or more to the DCCC's Early Voter Action Fund by this Friday, September 24th, and your support will be matched 2-to-1. That means your contribution will be worth triple what you give.

Your generosity today will directly affect how many voters in swing districts will be able to mobilize before Election Day. And now that early voting has started, time is of the essence.

Early voting was a key factor to our success in the historic 2008 election. We know that our finely tuned ground game and sophisticated turnout models will give us the edge in these elections -- but only if we have the resources to deploy these critical programs.

Contribute $5, $10 or more to the DCCC's Early Voter Action Fund by this Friday, September 24th, and your support will be matched 2-to-1. That means your contribution will be worth triple what you give.

If we all stand together with our strong House candidates, we will maintain our strong majority to keep moving America forward into the future. We are not going back to the failed Republican policies of the past.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Nancy Pelosi
Speaker of the House

P.S. Help us raise the $500,000 we need to fully fund our Early Voter Action Fund. Remember to send your contribution before Friday, September 24th and it will be matched 2-to-1. Thank you.

[SIZE=2]*Map includes absentee voting.[/SIZE]

[CENTER][CENTER]Paid for by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee | 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
(202) 863-1500 | www.dccc.org | Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee are not tax deductible.
This message was sent to: | To unsubscribe, click here: http://dccc.org/optout.
To always receive our emails, add dccc@dccc.org to your address book. Learn how.

A: Margaret not Margret was my mother who passed away over two years ago.
B: This was never her email address
C: Every day they make outragous claims about Republicans and ask for more money

Do the Republicans send out similar Emails?
Do they also make outrageous claims about the Democrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 01:14 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
You think it's outrageous to claim that the GOP favors privatizing Social Security?

Here's Sharon Angle promoting Chile as an example of privatizing social security

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_681726.html

Here is the GOP hopeful from Alaska saying that Social Security is unconstitutional

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/8...constitutional

Here is Newt Gingrich supporting Social security Privatization

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/09/11/...privatization/

GOPer Paul Ryan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephe..._b_457945.html

GOPer Alan Simpson who heads the bipartisan deficit commission wants it cut.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_693277.html

Last edited by padcrasher; 09-20-2010 at 01:35 PM..

Old 09-20-2010, 01:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You think it's outrageous to claim that the GOP favors privatizing Social Security?

Here's Sharon Angle promoting Chile as an example of privatizing social security

Sharron Angle Cites Chile's Dictatorship On Privatizing Social Security
There are numerous links if they don't like this link.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:20 PM

Who other than Bush several years ago has plans to privatize Social Security? I know several people have mentioned reforming SS. Raising or eliminating the cap or raising the retirement age. I'm sure you must agree that something has to be done other than kicking the can down the road which appears to be the democrats plan from what I can tell.

Besides you are not answering my questions

Do the Republicans do the same thing?
Are they making outrageous calims about the Democrats?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBob View Post
Who other than Bush several years ago has plans to privatize Social Security? I know several people have mentioned reforming SS. Raising or eliminating the cap or raising the retirement age. I'm sure you must agree that something has to be done other than kicking the can down the road which appears to be the democrats plan from what I can tell.

Besides you are not answering my questions

Do the Republicans do the same thing?
Are they making outrageous calims about the Democrats?
The liberal/progressive wing of the Democratic Party wants SS benefits left untouched. ( You know the dirty hippies that get bashed all day in this forum)

That would require a tax increase about the size of what Bush spent on the Senior Citizen prescription plan. Eliminating the the tax cap on higher incomes would pretty much do the trick as well.

The GOP and conservative Democrats are willing to cut benefits in a time when the gap between rich and poor is the highest in our Nations' history.

Raising the retirement age to 70 would represent a 15% cut in benefits. I hope all you 60ish right wingers that find yourself out of work and unemployable have some savings to tide you till 70?

Lord knows you wouldn't no a benefit in your own self interest if it came up and shook your hand.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:37 PM

I'm still waiting for you to answer my questions. And by the way if I understand you correctly your in favor of doing nothing to SS. If so how do we pay for it?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBob View Post
I'm still waiting for you to answer my questions. And by the way if I understand you correctly your in favor of doing nothing to SS. If so how do we pay for it?
I guess your not reading well?

I told you that liberal Dems favor raising taxes to pay for the small long term deficit.

But to get to your question....It's misleading.

Dems claiming that the GOP wants to privatize social security is not outrageous at all.

I gave you links to 5 GOP leaders who would support that in a heart beat.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:56 PM

I guess you're not reading too well.

All I want to know is if Republicans send oud similar emails on a daily basis and if so do the make outrageous claims of Democrats. See questions at the bottom of the original post.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:44 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,012 times
I get a newsletter from Wi Republicans and it isn't looking for money.

Democrats are desperate for money. This article is from July but it shows they are going to Canada for funds.

Campaign Cash strapped Dem Senators go to ground in Canada

Old 09-20-2010, 03:06 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
In Texas, that early voting is by mail only. (http://www.votexas.org/when_to_vote.html - broken link) Early voting in person begins October 18, 2010.

• First day to apply for ballot by mail: September 3, 2010
    (does not apply to FPCA)
  • Last day to register to vote: October 4, 2010
    (moves to next business day, Monday)
  • First day of early voting: October 18, 2010
    (moves to next business day, Monday)
  • Last day to apply for ballot by mail: October 26, 2010
    (must be received, not merely postmarked)
  • Last day of early voting: October 29, 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies