Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Maybe your president will make people racist. They are sick of the race card.
See , just as I thought,a deep seated bias , covered over by the most famous two words in the world. " race Card". Enough said, however I am understanding. I can disagree with those thar want to paint everything with a broad brush .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 09:50 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Everything msnbc says is a lie.. Bush was not the cause of the mortgage meltdown. It was the democrats big brainy idea that low income people should own a home.. no money down, heck , you could be an illegal alien and get financing with no money down and the dems loved it. 2 million mortgages written to low income families or no income people never made the first mortgage payment.

Now we have many who lost jobs and the middle class are losing their homes because of being unemployed. Second wave is here and will continue. Resession is not over. pumping masses amounts of printed money is no answer. QE3 is coming soon.

QE3 is here.

Why when everything is so wonderful!?!
Oh yes, that desperation thing as the recession lingers like a cancer.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You do know this thread is two years old, right?

On a lighter note, A_Lexus still believes it.

Yes & yes.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:17 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
First off, I am retired, but am still Present. Of my 40 year old Company. I am no longer invalid in day to day business. What I do know is we are making a lot of money these days, a real difference fromb2-3 years ago. Itbwas tough sailing. Now we are getting our rewards, we earned it !!
Do you want to stay on track? You are no longer invalid?

No one said someone who has worked all their lives and contributed doesn't deserve social security. What "I did" say is that your area is benefiting from government welfare paid by the tax payer and the tax payer who paid the money to prop up the auto industry is getting screwed. AND just because your government welfare part of the country is doing well, so you say, does not mean the rest of the country is, then again there is big government in D.C., again, paid for by the tax payers.

Middle class Americans are being screwed by big government and only a few are enjoying the benefits.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
QE3 is here.

Why when everything is so wonderful!?!
Oh yes, that desperation thing as the recession lingers like a cancer.
Yep, desperation to get Obama re-elected. Hey, Obama doesn't want to work for it so he just prints more money.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:25 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Yep, desperation to get Obama re-elected. Hey, Obama doesn't want to work for it so he just prints more money.

A 1914 dollar had the buying power of $23 today

From 1967 (Johnsons welfare state) to 2012 the dollar has lost 83% in buying power.

In the last 4 years alone it has lost 6%

DollarTimes.com | Inflation Calculator

We hate $5 gas, but gas is still about .50 a gallon...It's the dollar which has lost so much monetary value that it takes more of them to buy anything. Same with food, housing, clothing, everything!

Is there a progressive math whiz out there who can tell us what happens when a dollar is devalued to a penny?

They stopped using solid copper to make pennies because the metal was worth more than the cent (1.4x how sad is that?) What happens when a dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on?

Does anyone honestly believe this can't happen again?

Really? Three eggs cost $100B in Zimbabwe because they printed their way out of debt. Except they're still in debt.

Last edited by steven_h; 09-27-2012 at 01:43 AM..

Old 09-27-2012, 01:35 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
We've been told that for the last 2 years. At some point you just have to give it up. Ain't happening. For those who have no job we are in a depression.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:46 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
We've been told that for the last 2 years. At some point you just have to give it up. Ain't happening. For those who have no job we are in a depression.
For many, who have a job, we are still in a depression. Remember we came out of the recession over two years ago.

Daily Kos: Who IS Better Off Than 4 Years Ago?

Please EVERYONE should read how the daily KOS reasons why we are all better off than four years ago.

My favorite is: Young people and their parents - People under 27 who can remain on their parents' health insurance are clearly better off, as are their parents who don't worry that an accident will wipe out their families' assets.

Except the parents are still paying premiums for a middle aged adult who has failed to launch. OH JOY! I wonder what an additional 6-9 years of premiums do to their assets.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:51 AM

.....and it's sure "depressing" for all.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
See , just as I thought,a deep seated bias , covered over by the most famous two words in the world. " race Card". Enough said, however I am understanding. I can disagree with those thar want to paint everything with a broad brush .
You are painting my circumstances with a broad stroke but that is ok right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies