Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 03:11 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
America isn't homophobic. All of the Republicans and two Democrats are pandering to the small minority of Americans who are homophobic. Americans are becoming more excepting of gay relationships. In the not too distant future gays will be allowed to marry who they love. The repeal of DADT is supported by a large majority of the country, so this too is an issue that will get fixed in the future if it doesn't happen right now.
Don't forget Pres. Obama. He is also "homophobic."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Pretty easy solution isn't it? What bothers them is that they want to be able to spoon with their gay lovers on their bunks and stick their tongues down their throats in front of people. That is what bothers them, that they won't be able to do this. Other than that, why can't they keep it to themselves? Do they HAVE to go around and introduce people as their BF or GF? Couldn't it just be a friend? Do they HAVE to be able to touch each other in public? If they don't do those things nobody would suspect them of anything.
This rant sounds like the kind of thing my grandmother used to say about teenagers!

Old 09-22-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Because thems are the rules buddy. If you break those rules you get sent home. Until they change you just have to deal with it.
And that's the whole point in this discussion - trying to get those rules changed! Because they simply don't make sense.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
If there isn't a draft, why does it matter?
Actually, I think he's got a point. Since my sons all had to register, I see no reason why my friend's daughters shouldn't also register.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Interesting, isn't it?
Some people think the word "homo" should not be used.
But I have no problem being referred to as a "hetero" because that is what I am.
Someone can call me a "hetero" all day long... I take it as a compliment!
Why a 'compliment'? Did you do something to 'make' yourself hetero? Or is that just the way you were born?

For example: If someone tried to compliment me on my looks, I'd ignore it because my looks come from my family heritage. But if they complimented me on my manners, I'd accept it because I try always to live by the rules on politeness my mother taught me.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:24 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
What's to 'implement'? All that repeal of DADT would mean is that our gay and lesbian military members no longer have to hide who they are.
Simple logic. Why is that so difficult for so many Americans to understand? I mean it's not rocket science. Is America really that dumb?

Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
So gays are too weak to fight in combat, according to him??
I knew someone would take that seriously, but I sure thought it would take more than 7 minutes! Hey, nature! The Onion is pure sarcasm! It's meant to be FUNNY!

Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Oh good, another thread about how bad America is, and how terrible our country is at keeping up with the rest of the world.

It must be hard for people to divide their time here between the threads about how mean we are to gay people and the threads about how great people from other parts of the world are that will KILL you for being gay.

One of the truly great things about our nation is you actually CAN be anything you want to be as long as you don't try to cram it down other peoples' throats. And when all else fails, you're also free to leave anytime you want.
Right. If you're for equal rights, there's the door! I mean seriously...

Old 09-22-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
BS. The military already has more people than it can handle, thanks to this crap economy, which doesn't seem to be turning around. When there is a operation (Desert Shield/Storm etc) enlistees flock to the recruiters in droves. People who advocate for gays to openly serve in the military have most likely not served in the military themselves, nor have they worked with the military community. I have done both. Unless you understand the unique make up, mission, and mentality of the military (all required to do what it does) then you just don't get it.
Then why don't you explain to 'the rest of us' just what it is about gay men that you think makes them 'unfit' to serve?

Old 09-22-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Were you aware that the proposed bill also included provisions to make US citizens from illegal aliens?

Eliminate "Don't Ask Don't Tell" does not solve any problems. Should the law be repealed the military would revert back to the way it did business prior to 1993, which was a complete prohibition on all homosexuals, and immediately discharge all those homosexuals currently in the military under "other than honorable conditions." Is this what you are advocating?
What makes you think that? And what makes you think the country would let them get away with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies