Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 07:16 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Would you like to explain to everybody what the "gay lifestyle" is? I guess you believe in a gay agenda as well? All I can say to folks who are crying about gays being allowed to not lie and not be kicked out of the military for being who they are......Suck it!

------gays being allowed to not lie--
?????????????????

Under ...don't ask, don't tell......they are not being asked.
How are they being forced to not lie ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 07:31 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
[quote=TriMT7;16355456]We have separate bathroom facilities in this country because of differences in SEX, not SEXUALITY. Otherwise, women's bathrooms would be open to gay men, and men's bathrooms and showers open to lesbians.

Again, you all are missing the point: There are already gay people in the military. A lot of times, everyone knows who are the gays and lesbians. Most of the time, nobody really cares. These people ALREADY SHOWER with everyone else. No big deal.

Seems to me we might need to start implementing stricter intelligence and education standards if our brave soldiers are scared to shower next to a gay person! We wonder why we have a hard time winning wars these days?! [quote]

Explain how it's different? are Homo's attracted to the same sex? do you want everyone to know your homo or what? Do you only turn on your Homo gene when you want it? Why should you force people to shower with someone who may be sexually attracted to them? Make up your mind sheesh.

No one is scared of you, it's more of a creeped out thing.

So you think our troops are stupid? You think they are the reason we don't win wars? You are mistaken, we loose because our leaders have forgotten how to fight a war. You have little faith in our brave men and women and little understanding of war.

Y'all should take your own advise and "Get over yourselves"

Last edited by Roaddog; 10-22-2010 at 07:47 AM..

Old 10-22-2010, 07:39 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times
Homophobia is an over used term. Most people are actually just creeped out by it and that is not the same thing as an irrational fear of homosexuality. My older brother is gay and I love him and will defend his right to be gay. I also have no problem with gay marriage (actually, I don't think the government should have any say in marriage PERIOD). But homosexuality still creeps me out.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:44 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
"So, if gays think that they can act as gay as they do in their civilian life then they are mistaken"

What do you think they are going to do, wear feather boas?
Well of course they are! Didn't you know that (according to the way the 'phobes think any way) all gays are really transgenders, transvestites and female impersonators?

Old 10-22-2010, 07:51 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Homophob is a nice buzzword invented by gay rights activists.. It is a word describing that there is something wrong with those who do not agree with sex between men with men and sex between women with women. I see nothing wrong with NOT agreeing with the gay agenda.

If we do not believe in gay marriage we are labeled homophob . There is nothing phobic about it. We have a healthy belief that men and women should be married. Not people of the same sex. Gays are Biblephobs is more worthy of a reactional buzz word.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:41 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Homophob is a nice buzzword invented by gay rights activists.. It is a word describing that there is something wrong with those who do not agree with sex between men with men and sex between women with women. I see nothing wrong with NOT agreeing with the gay agenda.

If we do not believe in gay marriage we are labeled homophob . There is nothing phobic about it. We have a healthy belief that men and women should be married. Not people of the same sex. Gays are Biblephobs is more worthy of a reactional buzz word.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:47 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
So you think our troops are stupid? You think they are the reason we don't win wars? You are mistaken, we loose because our leaders have forgotten how to fight a war. You have little faith in our brave men and women and little understanding of war.

Y'all should take your own advise and "Get over yourselves"
That's right certain troops are preoccupied with fighting "another" kind of war. A war that is better left alone.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:50 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times
I wonder if gays get "creeped out" when they see hetersexual sex at the movies, etc?

I think alot of you are over thinking this gay thing since it creeps you out so much. Why are you allowing those visions into your head? Even when I see heterosexual couples, I do go there in my head. And I wouldn't even want to watch heterosexual sex at the movies. And it sounds like every guy here that is against gays thinks that every gay guy they shower with is going to be interested in their body. As a straight woman I can tell you that most men's bodies do not turn me on, and I am sure that they don't other women either. You are aren't Tom Shelleck. Not that that isn't the only physical imagine that women like.

Good points Roaddog:

Again, you all are missing the point: There are already gay people in the military. A lot of times, everyone knows who are the gays and lesbians. Most of the time, nobody really cares. These people ALREADY SHOWER with everyone else. No big deal.

Seems to me we might need to start implementing stricter intelligence and education standards if our brave soldiers are scared to shower next to a gay person!

This is so true. I can tell when a woman is a lesbian or a man is gay. All gays want is to not be kicked out when they are found out. It isn't like they want to tell everyone. It is so obvious that they are gay that they are probably watched, and then if found out, thrown out. Why should they have to hide like they have been? Why do people want to take away other's rights? I just don't get it. Seems like people always have to find a group to hate and to oppress. They should even be allowed to marry.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:22 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I wonder if gays get "creeped out" when they see hetersexual sex at the movies, etc?

I think alot of you are over thinking this gay thing since it creeps you out so much. Why are you allowing those visions into your head? Even when I see heterosexual couples, I do go there in my head. And I wouldn't even want to watch heterosexual sex at the movies. And it sounds like every guy here that is against gays thinks that every gay guy they shower with is going to be interested in their body. As a straight woman I can tell you that most men's bodies do not turn me on, and I am sure that they don't other women either. You are aren't Tom Shelleck. Not that that isn't the only physical imagine that women like.

Good points Roaddog:

Seems to me we might need to start implementing stricter intelligence and education standards if our brave soldiers are scared to shower next to a gay person!

This is so true. I can tell when a woman is a lesbian or a man is gay. All gays want is to not be kicked out when they are found out. It isn't like they want to tell everyone. It is so obvious that they are gay that they are probably watched, and then if found out, thrown out. Why should they have to hide like they have been? Why do people want to take away other's rights? I just don't get it. Seems like people always have to find a group to hate and to oppress. They should even be allowed to marry.
Mattie Jo: I understand why you don't get why many of us think about the sex part whenever homo OR heterosexuality comes up - but its because men always have sex on our minds . . . always. Men (both homo & hetero) have very strong libedos. To say homo sexual men won't hit or find attractive another man because they don't look like Tom Selleck isn't a good example. Men will jump anything, any way and any how it comes. Good looks play a little role, but it isn't necessary when a guy (again, both homo & hetero) is horny. Just the way it is.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:06 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post

Good points Roaddog:

So you make it clear your a straight woman, ok, so how do you know how a Homosexual thinks? I ask a question are Homo's so different they can turn off their attraction to men while in the shower?
Yes there are homo's in the military now but your wrong, they do want to come out and serve open in the service, that is why they want DADT repealed and how do you know nobody cares when all branches of the military have came out agianst the repeal?

You want stricter intelligence standards? wouldn't that leave out the Homo's being they don't know the difference between a man and a woman? or what the use of their penis is for?

Your right, you just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies