Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Definitely not in your world.
You don't know my world and can only make assumptions about how I live based on what I say here.

I said that rarely happens in the civilian world. Don't be so sure that you know who you're talking to.

Honestly I shudder to think about http://www.usmcbirthdayball.com/ two guys or two females hugged up together dancing cheek to cheek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 01:50 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, you couldn't.
Someone might suspect and that's all that's required to end a military career.
You know, a good witch hunt.
Some people enjoy making others the brunt of their own unhappiness.

Yet.
However federal health benefits will soon be available for domestic partners.
Not good enough for l ibs. They'll whine and throw foot stomping tantrums unless it's called "marriage".

Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So you couldn't invite your friends (romantic or not) to watch a football game with your fellow soldiers? The spouse thing will never work cause the federal government does not recognize same sex marriages. Gays always create their own social functions. Since when do gays socialize with heterosexuals? That rarely happens in the civilian world.
Are you kidding with that statement?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikensquire View Post
Somehow I knew, without knowing you, that someone would go there. I chose to put up the noun definition first, thinking it might be useful, but no, I was wrong, though ultimately right. If it were at all possible, for you to objectively look at my posts, I think you'd find that I'm not into homophobia, I'm just of the belief that the issue's time isn't now, it's being forced, it won't happen in the current environment. Just as I'm not black, I'm not gay, nor am I in a position to acclimate to many minority positions. It's hard enough to get people to go to a voting booth for something which doesn't have a place in their lives, it gets harder depending upon the volume of names, fruits and vegetables thrown on the way to the voting booth.
First of all, if it were up to some people, obviously by your words, you, too; there would never be gay rights. Period.

Secondly, most of my post was directed to a different poster.
You comment comparing your dog's sexual rights to gay rights is sad and disturbing.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:53 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Votes to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell are lacking and the bill won't pass. It does not matter that most of the civilized nations have already accomplished this. The United States, bastion of freedom, defender of liberty nose dives into an empty pool....

Never thought I would see the day. Unbelievable.
Have you ever served in the militaty?

Not agreeing with something does not mean fear.

I do not fear homos.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You don't know my world and can only make assumptions about how I live based on what I say here.

I said that rarely happens in the civilian world. Don't be so sure that you know who you're talking to.

Honestly I shudder to think about Commandant's Marine Corps Birthday Ball - USMC Birthday Ball - 2009 Commandant's USMC Birthday Ball two guys or two females hugged up together dancing cheek to cheek.
Only hets are allowed to show affection or love another human?
Only if it meets with your approval?
Are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Have you ever served in the militaty?
I have; and I had a lesbian room mate and there were several other lesbians in my barracks. BFD.
Not agreeing with something does not mean fear.
You don't have to agree with someone else's sexual orientation.

I do not fear homos.
I would debate that; either fear or hate. You choose to disrespectfully call them "homos" - how about that respect?
Do you fight for everyone's freedoms? Or just those that you agree with?
I've been in and around the military for over 3 decades.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:56 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Are you kidding with that statement?
No I'm drop dead serious.

If people don't live in socially liberal cities they don't socialize with anyone outside of their peer group. And gays are not in every single peer group.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:02 PM

294 posts, read 351,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
First of all, if it were up to some people, obviously by your words, you, too; there would never be gay rights. Period.

Secondly, most of my post was directed to a different poster.
You comment comparing your dog's sexual rights to gay rights is sad and disturbing.

I guess this is my first "Oh no you di' ind't moment in here, probably not the last. I don't know if there'll be "gay rights" in my lifetime. Honestly, from my perspective, you'd be astonished at the apathy I possess for the someone's right to join the military, openly professing of one's sexual orientation. My choices for comparison, as far as sexual orientation are limited, I apologise for anyone offended by my thoughtless act of dragging Cody the Dingo into the conversation.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Haha?? What stereotyped world do you live in? I'm a proud gay man - out since I was 17 - ran the ***** Alliance at my college. Yet 8 out of 10 times I socialize it's primarily with heterosexuals.
Seriously, I can't say "q*eer"?

Old 09-21-2010, 02:08 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Wouldn't this be a good reason to have muslim nations forbid any US soldiers from entering muslim nations, because gays would be there. I think that might be the reason why liberals are so in favor of it?

Does anyone think that muslim nations would be welcoming to gay US troops?
Why are you so obsessed with Muslims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies