Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 06:15 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,160,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Would have to say , Regan was the worst , in modern times. he started all the mess...we are now into. Looking back at history...does prove that out , regardless of your potlics leanings.
says who?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,265,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I knew my license plate number when Jimmy Carter was president because the days you could only get on line to get gasoline for your car was based on whether your plate number was odd or even.

Then there was the whole Shah of Iran fiasco, the Panama Canal thing, the lame-o hostage rescue thing, the Olympics boycott thing, draft dodger amnesty thing and the pardon of the guy that tried to assassinate Truman, bailout of Chrysler, his stagflation economy, charging the secret service for leftovers, the sucking up to the terrorist world, micromanaging the white house down to who could use the tennis courts and the carpeting thing, not allowing his drivers to speak to him, pretending he didn't drink, not speaking to his Air Force One pilots, pretending he carried his own luggage (bags were empty - it was for show), going to his white house office at 5:00A for show and then going to sleep when he got there, as ex-President taking down the photos of former presidents and putting up his own when he stayed at the house they put them in, refusing to allow the military aide with the nuclear football to stay near his home in Plains, Georgia, not letting "the little people" who worked in the white house look at him or talk to him, being a publicty hound as an ex-president, etc.
How about some proof of these ludicrous. accusations

Old 09-23-2010, 06:47 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,265,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
While I am not one of the kool-aid drinkers that jumped on the RR band wagon. I think little Bush will be known as the worse president. While RR was pretty abysmal there are others that did even less.

Carter was a principled man and that was his short fall. he wouldn't sell his soul to get things done, which is your trait in Washington. It is a shame we don't respect the principled in favor of the sleazy and we wonder what happened to our values?
Unfortunately, you can't get anything done without kissing some ass in D.C.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:10 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,879,161 times
Well folks , I just finished watching Morning Joe....over 30 min. with Pres.Clinton. he has still got the touch, captivating ! I know of no person alive or dead that can bring together both sides and have an intelligent conversation, like Pres. Clinton. His CGI foundation is the most useful worldwide aid effort in history, larger than anything the UN has done. His statements ou the current state of economic affairs , was spot on.
Those of you that missed Morning Joe , really missed an entertaining show, with Elizabeth Warren, and then the last half hour with President Clinton. His coments on Pres. Carter were also right on..".at 86 he can say whatever he wants, still out there swinging, he earned it".
Its too bad Bill can't run again , he represents all that worked in this Country for 8 years.., I now once again remember why I voted for him.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:21 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,639,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
How about some proof of these ludicrous. accusations
during that era there were many parts of the country where you could only buy gasoline on even number days if the last number of your license plate was an even number. in most other areas there were just long gas lines. many was the time when the radio stations here in tucson would have price watches on gasoline. people would find the lowest price for gasoline in their area, and then call the radio station and let the dj know that the gas station at say 22nd street and swan had the lowest price in the area.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:50 AM

762 posts, read 1,095,653 times
Default You get what you deserve!

I’m not surprised @ the animosity toward Jimmy Carter. What have the citizens of the USA been doing for the last 30 years?:

Driving SUV’s
Still bitchi*ng about education
Can’t afford a house, even with very low interest rates!
Still dwelling about a more efficient/smart energy policy
A garage full of $2.00 lawn chairs
Stuck with an ingrained, negative reputation around the world

Last edited by DSOs; 09-24-2010 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies