Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 03:28 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
Europe is divided by culture and language. And why most of the Europeans are angry that now the poor people from Eastern Europe invade LEGALLY Western Europe? They are just like the Mexicans but they are Legal because there are no borders in EU... and still the problems remained!
Still, in the long run a world without borders will lead to a leveling of the standard of living so that mass migrations will come to a halt anyway.
There are a lot of Ukrainians here, and they have a good reputation here due to their reliability and honesty. Some of them are heading back home now that construction is down and thus work scarce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 03:29 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
A piece of land is not the same as my house.

That's why we don't call it a piece of land we call it our country.
When it ceases to be a country then yes any one is allowed.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:29 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
A piece of land is not the same as my house. I don't want either legal or illegal immigrants in my living room just because they are immigrants, no do I even want compatriots whose ancestors have lived here for thousands of years. I decide who I let in based on the individual, who may be a legal or illegal immigrant or a native.

The USA is 'our' house. We also 'decide who I let in based on the individual', but we call it the immigration process. The illegals want to bypass that process.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:31 PM

107 posts, read 151,464 times
I found the video enlightening, thanks to the original poster. I don't think he mentioned this comment for the gee wiz of it, it seems he'd like to open the door to something else.

I voted for Obama. But, he just lost my next vote. This amongst many other reasons for my discontent, so again thanks for posting. I hope all the other Independent Voters such as myself see this for what it really is.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!! Hey, I thought this war was fought 2 hundred years ago, we now need to fight it again?

This time will we win----I doubt it when we have a president like this.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
Sorry! The Germanic people are not indigenous to Europe! So using your judgement the nations who have ancestors that were here before the migration period are entitled to invade Europe? (most of them were part of the Roman Empire) That's what Mexicans say... that they are entitled to immigrate ILLEGALLY to US because they were there before!
If you study the history of Europe, you will notice that the Romans were not indigenous to Europe, either. Nor Celts. After the ice age all kinds of people came to Central Europe from all directions, naturally mostly the east and south.

Regarding the Mexicans, most Mexicans never even try to move to the US. It is just unrealistic when people put it as though half of Mexico was just waiting to pass the border. Most Mexicans like Mexico and don't think of leaving. And that applies to people around the world, most people are pretty much rooted to the region they grew up. Usually people only move if they feel like they have no choice.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:34 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Still, in the long run a world without borders will lead to a leveling of the standard of living ...
That sounds exactly what the World Communist Revolution was supposed to achieve.
Vladimir Lenin would be very proud of you.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:34 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
If you study the history of Europe, you will notice that the Romans were not indigenous to Europe, either. Nor Celts. After the ice age all kinds of people came from all directions, naturally mostly the east and south.
Rome is not in Europe? Where is it?

Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM

624 posts, read 1,121,515 times
Quote:
If you study the history of Europe, you will notice that the Romans were not indigenous to Europe, either. Nor Celts. After the ice age all kinds of people came from all directions, naturally mostly the east and south.
Most of the Ex-Roman empire residents were of Indo-European descent! But they came in Europe a few thousands years before the Germanic people! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European

Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Yep, I can see us becoming Mexico with all the drug wars and the leaders running their government.

Scary as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies