Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:19 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
I understand that the 'media' has played up these loonies...but in my personal experience- the people I know that get all worked up in favor of the tea party are the ones that are overly fearful, not as educated and even racist. I know I can't use my experience of nutcases to to representative of all Tea partiers (and I do know a few who are more resonable) but it is easy to believe the hype.
I don't know any "liberals who are scared out of their minds"...but I know a lot of people who are disgusted by the whole mess.
I personally know a ton of liberals and dems who are frantic over the November elections because they see how close they came to a liberal utopia and they squandered it all on a worthless health care nightmare. They're lashing out at anything they can and the Tea Party seems to be their main target because it's gaining influence and support every day while they lose support. Like most radical libs they feel that anyone who doesn't fully agree with their agenda must be 1) racist, 2) a bigot or 3) an uneducated, racist bigot. It's too bad that they can't see the truth of what's taking place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 08:34 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I personally know a ton of liberals and dems who are frantic over the November elections because they see how close they came to a liberal utopia and they squandered it all on a worthless health care nightmare. They're lashing out at anything they can and the Tea Party seems to be their main target because it's gaining influence and support every day while they lose support. Like most radical libs they feel that anyone who doesn't fully agree with their agenda must be 1) racist, 2) a bigot or 3) an uneducated, racist bigot. It's too bad that they can't see the truth of what's taking place.
I fully expect to have the November election swing to the right again...and I understand things will go more "conservative"...this happens EVERY TIME the economy gets shaky...people get nervous and start reigning in their spending or think if the country 'gets right with God' that will cure everything. It's human nature even more than political nature. The Tea Party invented nothing. But some of them are uneducated enough not to know that.
I don't want a "liberal utopia"...but a level playing field and sane voters shouldn't be too much to ask.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I fully expect to have the November election swing to the right again...and I understand things will go more "conservative"...this happens EVERY TIME the economy gets shaky...people get nervous and start reigning in their spending or think if the country 'gets right with God' that will cure everything. It's human nature even more than political nature. The Tea Party invented nothing. But some of them are uneducated enough not to know that.
I don't want a "liberal utopia"...but a level playing field and sane voters shouldn't be too much to ask.
The Tea Party is filled with sane voters who are tired of both parties lying and stealing from the American people. November has nothing whatsoever to do with getting right with God, it's about getting right with the voters who are supposed to control this country. Things will swing right in November and hopefully things will continue to swing until we remove all of the stagnant trash from our government. Anyone who has held office for 6 or more years in my opinion needs to look for new work.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
The Tea Party is filled with sane voters who are tired of both parties lying and stealing from the American people. November has nothing whatsoever to do with getting right with God, it's about getting right with the voters who are supposed to control this country. Things will swing right in November and hopefully things will continue to swing until we remove all of the stagnant trash from our government. Anyone who has held office for 6 or more years in my opinion needs to look for new work.
I mostly agree with you here...there are a LOT of people on both sides that are fed up with both parties lying and stealing. I think we agree on more than we differ...but the thread was about the Tea Party and religion...my thoughts are just about why people think the Tea party is more religious. Obviously members like yourself don't think that way...and it is good to hear from you.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I mostly agree with you here...there are a LOT of people on both sides that are fed up with both parties lying and stealing. I think we agree on more than we differ...but the thread was about the Tea Party and religion...my thoughts are just about why people think the Tea party is more religious. Obviously members like yourself don't think that way...and it is good to hear from you.
I don't want to give off the wrong impression, I'm a religious guy and I'm a Tea Party supporter but those have nothing to do with each other. I don't care what other people believe as long as they're peaceful, I'm all for religious freedom in this country but my political stance doesn't depend on my belief in God. I guess you could link the 2 by saying my political stance is based on my belief of right and wrong which in many ways comes from my belief in God but that's a stretch and I don't mix the 2 at all. I'd much rather spend time with atheist or Muslim Tea Party members than spend time with liberal Christians.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I don't want to give off the wrong impression, I'm a religious guy and I'm a Tea Party supporter but those have nothing to do with each other. I don't care what other people believe as long as they're peaceful, I'm all for religious freedom in this country but my political stance doesn't depend on my belief in God. I guess you could link the 2 by saying my political stance is based on my belief of right and wrong which in many ways comes from my belief in God but that's a stretch and I don't mix the 2 at all. I'd much rather spend time with atheist or Muslim Tea Party members than spend time with liberal Christians.
Then I applaud you, Sir...as you have your priorities straight. At least when it comes to mixing religion and politics...I won't argue the correctness of your beliefs...as you are still free in this country to have them...no matter if they disagree with mine.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Then I applaud you, Sir...as you have your priorities straight. At least when it comes to mixing religion and politics...I won't argue the correctness of your beliefs...as you are still free in this country to have them...no matter if they disagree with mine.
I fully support your rights to believe however you want to even if that means not believing in anything.

My #1 concern outside of my home is how the government affects our lives, inside my home is between myself, my wife and our kids and we aren't going to bother anyone unless you try to come in unwelcome.

I want the best for my kids and what I see happening in DC right now threatens their ability to lead a productive life.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:

I don't disagree, but it's not just the leftists that are concerned about the Tea Party. The Republican party leadership is just as worried, but for different reasons. The current Rs and Ds are slightly different spins of the same theme, all in favor of big government and pork spending. The Rs sold out the base that favored fiscal responsibility long ago. The current crop of Ds are just the Bush wing of the R party on steroids.

The Tea Party "platform" such that it is (again, there is no central party to state a platform) actually threatens that entrenched power. Little seems to scare career politicans more.

I hope they can come up with some smart, capable leadership and actually evolve to a viable third party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies