Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 01:21 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Rush (the magic negro) Limbaugh is not a racist....? Bill (I was amazed that black owned restaurants are no different than white owned restaurants) O Reilly is not racists? To imply that all conservatives are racists is fallacy, but to deny the racial undertones shown at their rallies is absurd and naive. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, chances are......
As long as you agree that you can't deny the racial undertones show at rallies from both sides then you have my support. The left has just as many racist supporters as the right, denying that is just ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 01:21 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I'm not even going to ask if your serious due to the fact you wear the bias hypocritical badge very well. The word racist has been thrown around on both sides of the aisle since the 2008 election, name calling is NOT a party specific trait and to attempt to claim otherwise just make your assertion even more foolish. Also to attempt to make any correlation between someone being called a rapist and someone called a racists definately makes your assertion foolish. But hey, wear that badge well.
Do you know what an analogy is?

Either accusation DESTROYS reputations. Calling someone unamerican harms a reputation, but not REMOTELY as much as calling someone racist, or a false rape accusation does.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:24 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post

YouTube - exterminate white people

Remember when the libs buried this beacuse they can't admit that not only whites can be racist?

there you go again with your bias generalization. NAME EVERY LIB. Name every Lib that YOU've spoken too that admitted to hiding the tape. Name the LIBS that YOU spoken too that COULD NOT ADMIT that racism was a HUMAN trait.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
White Democrats' original plan was to make people of color and other minorities believe that they were equal under the law. Of course, it was all just doublespeak. It's the same story today i.e., bamboozle the people of color and other minorities with smooth sounding doublespeak and ineffective policies to further hegemony.
Other than your paranoid post, do you have anything to back up your comment?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
there you go again with your bias generalization. NAME EVERY LIB. Name every Lib that YOU've spoken too that admitted to hiding the tape. Name the LIBS that YOU spoken too that COULD NOT ADMIT that racism was a HUMAN trait.
Did this make any news other than Fox? Imagine if a white guy said exterminate black people? He would be rightfully harangued! This guy got a pass.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Do you know what an analogy is?

Either accusation DESTROYS reputations. Calling someone unamerican harms a reputation, but not REMOTELY as much as calling someone racist, or a false rape accusation does.

Calling someone anti-american or anti-america will NOT damage their reputation? and by the way RAPE one of the worst violent crimes should NEVER be used to try and make what you perceive as YOUR point.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Calling someone anti-american or anti-america will NOT damage their reputation? and by the way RAPE one of the worst violent crimes should NEVER be used to try and make what you perceive as YOUR point.
Did you even read what I wrote? Look at what you even quoted. I said it harms reputation, but not as much as being called a racist.

And I'm talking about FALSE RAPE accusations. You know, lying to police about a rape that never occured, a crime to lie to police, and which then destroys a repuation.

Please go back, re=read what I wrote, then respond based upon having read it.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Did this make any news other than Fox? Imagine if a white guy said exterminate black people? He would be rightfully harangued! This guy got a pass.

NAME the LIBS either YOU or FOX have spoken too. Still waiting.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Did you even read what I wrote? Look at what you even quoted. I said it harms reputation, but not as much as being called a racist.

And I'm talking about FALSE RAPE accusations. You know, lying to police about a rape that never occured, a crime to lie to police, and which then destroys a repuation.

Please go back, re=read what I wrote, then respond based upon having read it.

I read exactly what you wrote each and every post in this one thread. You started off by making a bias generalization and when called on it you then made an anology and included the accusation of rape as having the same personal affect as being called a racists. Many have been called a racists hell half of Washington, but their still there. Now what point were you trying to make again? Still waiting for that list of Libs you and or Fox spoke too?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
You probably aren't a person of color or an out of the closet homosexual, hence your lack of empathy and open-mindedness. We all know that history repeats itself in different forms. But here is some information with regard to my original post:

From 1890 to 1908, starting with Mississippi, Southern Democratic legislators created new constitutions with provisions for voter registration that effectively completed disfranchisement of most African Americans and many poor whites. They created a variety of barriers, including requirements for poll taxes, residency requirements, rule variations, literacy and understanding tests, that achieved power through selective application against minorities, or were particularly hard for the poor to fulfill.[3]

White supremacist paramilitary organizations allied with the Democratic Party practiced intimidation, violence and assassinations to repress and prevent blacks' exercising their civil and voting rights in elections from 1868 through the mid-1870s. In most Southern states, black voting decreased markedly under such pressure, and white Democrats regained political control of Southern legislatures and governors' offices in the 1870s.

About the turn of the century, the Democratic Party in some southern states began to treat its operations as a "private club" and insist on white primaries, barring black and other minority voters who managed to get through other barriers. These became common for all elections, and as the Democratic Party was dominant, barring voters from the primaries meant they could not vote in the only competitive contest. After court challenges overturned party decisions to use the white primary, many states passed laws authorizing the Democratic Party to use the white primary. Texas, for instance, passed such a state law in 1923. It was used to bar Mexican Americans as well as African Americans.[23]

Disfranchisement after Reconstruction era - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Researcher Tim J. Wise also has touched on this issue:

With Friends Like These, Who Needs Glenn Beck? Racism and White Privilege on the Liberal-Left | Red Room

"To begin with, the Republican Party was founded by anti-slavery activists, in contrast to the pro-slavery Democratic Party. It was Abe Lincoln, a Republican President, who led the North to victory in the Civil War and freed the slaves while the Democrats did everything in their power to keep black Americans down. "

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=15893

Here is another great website on Democrats and their two-faced strategies: http://gopcapitalist.tripod.com/democratrecord.html

And let's not forget how Bill Clinton dragged his feet on don't ask, don't tell and same-sex marriage. As a "liberal" President who was very "liberal" with his sexuality he didn't seem to have a lot of influence or power in the White House with regard to "liberal" concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Other than your paranoid post, do you have anything to back up your comment?

Last edited by artsyguy; 09-22-2010 at 02:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies