Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
O'Donnell has said her faith has matured since high school, clearly Maher's has not.

Let's play on a tape of most here on C-D when they were in college to prove how much of an idiot they are. I am sure you have matured since those days (but maybe not.)

I am sure you would want those tapes burned, not paraded around on how dumb you are now. Geesh.

You know you are getting old when you cannot remember your college days and how stupid you were. LOL
Do keep that in mind when talking about Democratic candidates' statements and actions during college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 12:49 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How high horse!
Not at all, I just grew up and got informed on how a fetus developes. Tell that to all the pro-life people.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:50 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do keep that in mind when talking about Democratic candidates' statements and actions during college.
I do.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:31 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I don't have a personal interest in this woman or really care about her in any way, but it would be cool to hear what her CURRENT thoughts are on all these issues she has commented on in the past. Whether she has matured, changed her mind, etc. would have been nice to know before people
actually voted for her dontcha think?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
O'DONNELL: A lie, whether it be a lie or an exaggeration, is disrespect to whoever you're exaggerating or lying to, because it's not respecting reality.

MAHER: Quite the opposite, it can be respect.

COMEDIAN EDDIE IZZARD: What if someone comes to you in the middle of the Second World War and says, 'do you have any Jewish people in your house?' and you do have them. That would be a lie. That would be disrespectful to Hitler....

O'DONNELL: I believe if I were in that situation, God would provide a way to do the right thing righteously. I believe that!

MAHER: God is not there. Hitler's there and you're there.

O'DONNELL: You never have to practice deception. God always provides a way out.

Rough Sketch - Christine O'Donnell on human mice, lying to Nazis, and the women of Middle Earth

Let's knock this one out of the political landscape very quickly. The woman is an idiot!
What are the odds? Of either that happening or you making an OP about issues?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:33 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
Yes for many Republicans she must be an embarrassmant.
Not for this Republican. All these quotes of hers, her personal financial problems, her teenage curiosity in witches etc. are petty and mean nothing. What's impotant to me is that she would actually cut spending and not "reach across the aisle" and work with Democrats like establishment RINOs do.

BTW I'm Jewish (non-practicing/non-religious) and tthis "lying to Nazi's" fantasy is not offensive to me and does not change my very high opinion of O'Donnell.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM

54 posts, read 56,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
If righted back on track as in this president stop being a progressive republican i agree, if you are talking back to the failed republican policies that got us into this mess in the first place, you must be out of your mind.
Why bother with either? She is backed by the tea party which last I checked is not a part of the republocrat party. I have a picture has democrats-progressive republicans-progressive light-then it has a coiled snake that says-free. She is running as a republican because lord knows you can't get elected to anything in this country unless you are in with one of the 2 main political groups destroying this country at the moment. I hate republicans as much as I hate democrats I don't think there should be political parties people should be elected on the basis of their ideals,values and what the voters want from them not based on what group they are in.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:05 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
I honestly believe that in this particular matter of life and death, God would not mind her being "deceptive" to protect others from evil. she obviously didn't think the question through. why would she be hiding jews in the first place if she was only going to confess that she had them?
And doesn't she get that should she say yes she will be leaving with them? What about a little thought and logic here?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Not for this Republican. All these quotes of hers, her personal financial problems, her teenage curiosity in witches etc. are petty and mean nothing. What's impotant to me is that she would actually cut spending and not "reach across the aisle" and work with Democrats like establishment RINOs do.

BTW I'm Jewish (non-practicing/non-religious) and tthis "lying to Nazi's" fantasy is not offensive to me and does not change my very high opinion of O'Donnell.
One need not be Jewish to be disgusted with this nitwit's response to the question. Tell me please...how does she intend to cut spending? Since you hold this person in such high regard, I will assume you are very familiar with her stances on the issues.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
And doesn't she get that should she say yes she will be leaving with them? What about a little thought and logic here?
Does she think that we should not have gotten involved in the war and liberated occupied Europe from the Germans? Maybe we should have let God handle that too. What's a few more executed Jews in the scheme of things? This woman's idiocy has come thru loud and clear and only someone more idiotic than she, would not get how stupid her response was.

Think about it...she would rather have aided in the crime of genocide than lie to a Nazi.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-23-2010 at 03:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies