Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,558,141 times

Advertisements

Ohhhh sooo drahh-maticcccc!

Wah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 08:22 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,759,484 times
He can't work miracles all at once. It takes time to get health care for everyone. I see on some live chat rooms people from other Countries hate that America claims to be the best and looked up to or sets an example to other Countries. I also hear a lot of the people Obama called out to send in their vote on the internet didn't even live in America. They voted for it from other Countries because they think it's about time America started being like everyone else. How the hell are we going to pay for health care for everyone legal citizen or not and manage to survive as families, single, retired, widowed? and working with income less than the promised only the rich and people making $100,000.00 - $200,000.00 income only to be taxed to pay for it.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It may have been his final wish, since he knew he wouldn't be around to vote in 2012.
Perhaps.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,528,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you know it's getting bad when you see stuff like this:
That is classically golden.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:37 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,528,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Frankly, it's disgraceful to politicize someone's death.
How do you know this man that died did not want it that way?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
How do you know this man that died did not want it that way?
I already acknowledged that may have been a dying wish of his. I hadn't thought of it that way; I thought more that his family made that decision.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:01 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,701,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
It's not possible to get any more generalized that that. What is this, the 50's? I'm mildly surprised they didn't show a married couple, man and woman, with three children (older son, middle girl, young baby) standing in front of a picket fence. The music is worse than Muzak. You are slipping, s.

However, I couldn't agree with this more:

"Nevertheless, it is probably fair to say that Obama's ideas were too big for America's appetite."

America has never revered education, fiscal responsibility or reality. We'd still like to think we're the best, the brightest and the hardest workers. This ad is classic Madison Avenue (or so it used to be called) generalized propaganda. What's so incisive or special about it? Because someone wrote an OP ED in the Washington Post? Didn't realize you were such a fan of that paper!

Got any proof any of this is true? Or does that matter?
you can take your shots at America, but I am disappointed that you said "we" so you must be an American? Judging by your comment I would have guessed that you were a jealous European

So, while America has not revered education or fiscal responsibility (in your opinion) that does not mean that we need to change our core values.
Just when America is awakening (i.e. fiscal responsibility) is when Obama walks in. The majority of Americans DO NOT WANT what Obama is selling We will find out just how people think in November
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies