Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 12:28 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,597,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Sorry, but if you can't see the hate filled ignorant bull that is spewing from the mouths and minds of those who hate gays simply because they think that their behavior is abnormal, tolerancy is not need.
Tolerance is earned. when one continues to spout unfounded lies and claims, tolerance is not earned. When one is shown to be wrong and continues to spout lied and unfounded claims, tolerance is not going to be given.
LMAO Thanks for proving my point. To disagree at all with the self-described "tolerant" bunch is to be, by default, "intolerant". And intolerance is not to be tolerated! Right?

But I got other things to do for the moment. Have a nice day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 12:29 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,460,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Anyone practicing non-traditional sex should be excluded? Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

Lights off, door locked, under the sheets and in the missionary position only for the sake of reproducing. How's that?

Although really I'd guess most of the people here so concerned with what everybody is doing in the bedroom are doing so for a reason-a deficit somewhere in their life. Just sayin'.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:44 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
I am not going to spend a lot of time on this thread/topic. I have pretty much said all I can on another, but will occasionally pop back in to reply to the absurd...
Sorry, but nothing in my post is ABSURD

Quote:
No, they can't. Your qualification negates your opening statement.
YES they can, and you ignored that I put how they can RIGHT after that statement.

As with infertile couples, by nature they can't have babies either. YET thousands of couples who have a problem with having babies on their own do have babies. They either get a SURROGATE mother to do so, or go INVITRO or ADOPT. Having a baby is not necessarily giving birth to them. Babies can be adopted or born to another mother through a contract between the couple and the surrogate.

You cannot engage in logical fallacies as your sole purpose to rebut something that you think is not true.

Quote:
Not withstanding the obvious question of how can a fallacy be logical, yes there is something that prevents homosexual couples from having a child. It is called having the right parts to reproduce.
Men have penises. They can reproduce by donating sperm. Women can do two things, donate eggs or carry the baby themselves. There is lovely thing called SCIENCE. And lovely reproduction techniques like Invitro that allow those who thought they never could have babies an opportunity to do so.

I know plenty of women who hired Surrogates to carry their child for various reasons (medically and personally).

Quote:
And I don't care how many so called "scientific studies" you parade out there (there are just as many to "prove" the opposite), the old adage remains: Never did nature say one thing and wisdom another.
Of course, when that scientific data proves you wrong, the best you can do is WAVE it away as if it was an inconvenience.

Sorry, but that don't fly. You either confront the science, or admit that you have nothing but "Gays are gross" as your argument.

Gay bashers need to stop pussyfooting with arguments that do not support anything they say. Just come out and be honest.

Be honest that you hate gays simply because you find their behavior is "icky".

Well, I find the behaviors of gay bashers to be disgusting, but YOU don't see me trying to stop their rights from speaking their OPINION, as ignorant as they are.

Quote:
It is absolutely deplorable that, in this insane day and age of ours, the lives of innocent babies/children are being used as part of a social experiement that so dis-respects basic laws of nature and common-sense.
Sorry, but HOMOSEXUALS are doing nothing that is harming children or their innocence.

YOU do know that FAR MORE heterosexual couples who divorce and FIGHT over the children DOES MORE harm than a perfectly stable homosexual couple with a child.

And studies show that children raised in a home with same sex parents do not suffer from any issues you are trying to ALLUDE your statement.

Study: Same-Sex Parents Raise Well-Adjusted Kids

and in many cases, the CHILDREN from same sex couple households are much more stable than one from a broken home.

Quote:
In fact, the best way I ever heard it put came from a gay man:

Who explains to the young daughters when they reach an age how to deal with their growing breasts, their periods, boyz sniffing around them demanding blow jobs, how you stay chaste, how to deal with the meanness of other little girls, what PMS feels like and how to deal with it, the expectations of motherhood, what to expect with a baby in your belly, how you feel with various kinds of birth control, how other women feel and what is going on almost every day of your uniquely female life? Huh? How is it two men think they have what it takes to raise a female child, or two women think they have a clue about the pressures of being a boy and dealing with the pressures of testosterone, male bonding, etc. Oh yes, it’s so very
politically incorrect to dare suggest that a child is entitled to parents
of both sexes, but in point of fact, THAT IS HOW NATURE INTENDED human
children are raised. Sorry, I know it is a hanging offense to suggest in
this oversensitive age that child raising and homosexuality might have even
the slightest hint of a problem, but then of course who gives a **** about
children when we’re talking about OUR RIGHTS?
NIce that you don't provide a source or a name to this above quote? Hmm. I wonder why.

Of course, not ALL GAYS hold the same ideas and positions. You think that ALL gays are on board with having children. Of course not. NOT ALL heterosexual couples want to have children either! That is one unnamed man you have, yet we have thousands of homosexual couples who DO want children and find that nothing in their lifestyle will affect their love or support of a child.

I know a gay couple who will not have children, SIMPLY because they JUST like children.

OH WOW! I know several HETEROSEXUAL who do not want to have children BECAUSE THEY don't like children.

so your "argument" above again is the SHINING example of "I think gays are icky", which is the only thing that gay bashers can use.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:08 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,597,707 times
Quote:
NIce that you don't provide a source or a name to this above quote? Hmm. I wonder why.
Glad I caught this one before going to take care of more important matters.

Anyway, no need to wonder. You are correct. It was a major oversight on my part to have not saved the source link when I originally read it, so as to later provide it. My mistake.

But I will keep looking again and provide it. Besides, do you really think I made that one up? And even if I did, does it not make sense? As it is, I assure you this wasn't one of my own creation. Meanwhile, I gotta go mow the grass.

Read this one in the interum!

Timothy J. Dailey Ph.D. -- Homosexual Parenting: Placing children at risk

Old 09-25-2010, 01:33 PM

278 posts, read 621,776 times
Quote:

Homosexual acitivity is NATURAL and NOT abnormal.

Again, the crazy religious zealots arguments boil down to this simple statement:
"The things they do are icky. I dont like that they do ikcy things."

I think that Sanitation workers do icky things and I dont like that they do icky things, but that doesn't mean that I will stop their right to work in that job.

What on earth your sanitation worker friends have anything to do with 2 homosexual males adopting an innocent child?

Old 09-25-2010, 01:45 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
What on earth your sanitation worker friends have anything to do with 2 homosexual males adopting an innocent child?
What do your posts have to do with reality?

Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
Common sense dictates a child is much better off with a Father and mother in any less of a situation the child suffers to a degree but to put a child into a homosexual family just doesn't make any sense for the mental welfare of the child, Kids get confused enough without adding more turmoil to their life.
Someone asked me if i thought it should be illegal for homosexuals to adopt children and i'm not sure about that but I don't think it's a good idea for the childs sake.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:27 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Common sense dictates a child is much better off with a Father and mother in any less of a situation the child suffers to a degree but to put a child into a homosexual family just doesn't make any sense for the mental welfare of the child, Kids get confused enough without adding more turmoil to their life.
Someone asked me if i thought it should be illegal for homosexuals to adopt children and i'm not sure about that but I don't think it's a good idea for the childs sake.
Then it is also not a good idea that a child is raised by step parents or be adopted or raised by a single parent. Do you not think that children of divorced parents suffer from confusion and stress related to the divorce? I do not hear you moaning, complaining and trying to pass laws banning divorce. The APA and other organizations have already proved that children raised by same sex parents are just as well adjusted as those of straight parents. It is the parenting skills that are important, not the sex of the parents. There are so many children in foster homes and up for adoption and they mostly came from straight parents that neglected them or could not fulfill their needs. It appears that heterosexuals are not perfect parents, so why deny homosexuals only on the basis that they are gay, instead of on the fact that they want to protect and love a child and help them grow into a responsible adult.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:37 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,338,264 times
still curious as to where are all the folks crying out that foster care is preferable to a being adopted by a gay couple? I for one would still like to know how this is preferable. still waiting...

Old 09-25-2010, 10:45 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,338,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
the life of a child in foster care is already in turmoil. every year they remain there will likely cause them more suffering then trying to explain their gay parents to small minded folks. kids are going to have it tough regardless. few kids have perfect lives. should children not be adopted by those of different races b/c of "confusion" (not that much of a stretch, it was a very common argument)? should people w/ physical deformities or disabilities not adopt b/c of "confusion" (oh how to explain why Mommy is a dwarf? or why Daddy has no legs?)?

if, god forbid, you had the authority to place a child into an adoptive home, would you turn down an otherwise eligible gay couple and put that child back into foster care and roll the dice in hopes a more "suitable" straight couple comes along soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies