Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

It is not as much about his remarks of "absorbing another terrorist attack" as it is his want for an exit strategy for political expedience rather than a victory or allowing our soldiers to fight the good fight without rules of engagement that tie their hands behind their backs.

He proved once again that it is all about Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 09:52 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is not as much about his remarks of "absorbing another terrorist attack" as it is his want for an "exit strategy" for political expedience rather than a victory or allowing our soldiers to fight the good fight without rules of engagement that tie their hands behind their backs.

He proved once again that it is all about Obama.
Amen.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:01 PM

467 posts, read 778,049 times
I'm no Obama fan, but that article is a joke.

Take this section for example...

Quote:
He goes on to say: “We’ll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever…we absorbed it and we are stronger.”
This statement demonstrates our Commander-in-Chief’s cavalier and frightening approach to national security, which apparently is based in the notion our country will ultimately “absorb” terrorist attacks, rather than prevent them.
Obama says right up front that they'll do everything they can to prevent it, yet immediately after that the editor chooses to form a warped interpretation that the president would prefer to absorb an attack instead of preventing it. How on earth can you interpret that from his words? Writing with such ridiculous interpretation skills is insulting to everyone who reads that article, and displays a level of bias that totally discredits the author. There's a million reasons to dislike any politician, but people need to up their game.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Another example of why the Tea Party needs a thesaurus, along with a spell checker. I guess they would be happier if Obama said that the US couldn't survive another terrorist attack. What a bunch of wimps.
Do you think that you're so smart that you can talk down to us, right? Typical liberal mind set.

We would be happier if he said that he would do everything in his power to prevent a terrorist attack on the US soil.
Obama sounds more like a wimp not us.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:12 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
I'm no Obama fan, but that article is a joke.

Take this section for example...

Obama says right up front that they'll do everything they can to prevent it, yet immediately after that the editor chooses to form a warped interpretation that the president would prefer to absorb an attack instead of preventing it. How on earth can you interpret that from his words? Writing with such ridiculous interpretation skills is insulting to everyone who reads that article, and displays a level of bias that totally discredits the author. There's a million reasons to dislike any politician, but people need to up their game.
Sorry, but it's not an 'article', it's a BOOK. The infighting is a danger to our country. They're all a bunch of sniveling, whining, self absorbed ding dongs. His whole administration and czars are marxist lunatics. They wouldn't have a clue how to protect this country. They don't even want to.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:15 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Another example of why the Tea Party needs a thesaurus, along with a spell checker. I guess they would be happier if Obama said that the US couldn't survive another terrorist attack. What a bunch of wimps.

absorb: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com

Synonyms for absorb

tr.v., -sorbed, -sorb·ing, -sorbs.
  • To take (something) in through or as through pores or interstices.
  • To endure; accommodate: couldn't absorb the additional hardships.
What on God's earth are you talking about??? The excerpt is from Bob Woodwards new book. It has NOTHING to do with Tea Party folks... who by the way are made up of ALL political parties and many are veterans, so please don't disparage them. They believe in the Costitution of these United States. All those that don't can take the next boat to Cuba as far as I'm concerned.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
What on God's earth are you talking about???

Their rage that the fundamental changes to destroy this diverse nation, brought on by the Progressive power trip, is going to end and be totally reversed, has cause them to blurt out anything, to discredit the movement, even if it has nothing at all to do with the Conservative revolution, this nation has evolved into.

The crooks are going to be put in their place.
Truth cuts deeper than lies.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:28 PM

467 posts, read 778,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Sorry, but it's not an 'article', it's a BOOK. The infighting is a danger to our country. They're all a bunch of sniveling, whining, self absorbed ding dongs. His whole administration and czars are marxist lunatics. They wouldn't have a clue how to protect this country. They don't even want to.
The quote I pulled was from The Foundry article link in the first post. The rest of your comments may very well be true, my only complaint is that the article in The Foundry loses all legitimacy when it seems to be written with such bias. People should be won over with the plain truth, not gimmicky twisted interpretations. Like I said, there's a million reasons to dislike any politician, so why would one discredit them self with such obvious absurdity? I make it two paragraphs in and I can't read any more, I don't even care if the author and myself are 'on the same side' once I know he's a moron.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
For such a remark to have come out of the mouth of a person his heroes on the left hails as the greatest orator in a long time is beyond the pale. He cannot choose words on the fly. He cannot form cohesive thoughts and deliver them effectively without a handler. When he goes off script his delivery rivals the stuff that comes from Biden's mouth.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:06 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
I guess in obama's world we can "absorb" terrorist attacks that kill 3000 innocents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies