Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:50 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times

Advertisements

I challenge every radical leftist that's attacking TLV in this thread to watch the 8 minute video that Mouser provided in the other Muslim thread. In fact, I dare you to watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 12:20 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I just hope that the muslim haters on this board can sometime get a little perspective.

The act of burning is not illegal; the spread of hatred against other citizens based on their religion is petty and inciting.
You don't see American muslims burning the bible.

Can you please provide one instance of an American, a stupid/hateful one or not, being beheaded for such an action?
Or are you trying to incite?

This is what, your 3rd thread in the past week or so that's anti-muslim?
Some of these books are distributed locally, but most of the books are smuggled and distributed all over the country. In just the last few months, hundreds of such "perverted Bibles" have been seized and burned in the border town of Sardasht.

The same unidentified security source adds that his intention has been to inform and enlighten people.

While the depiction of the Prophet of Islam and other historical religious leaders, whether in good or bad taste, has caused uproar and violent protests, threats of retaliation and assassinations, closure of embassies, long and mournful marches in various parts of countries of the world such as Pakistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, its quite interesting that the official website of the most powerful military wing of the Islamic Republic of Iran engages in the shameful act of reporting the burning of Bibles.

Of course, the security officials have not clarified the difference between these so called "perverted Bibles" and those that are commonly used by people around the world - including Iran.

These officials shamefully label the Holy Scriptures of the Christians contraband without realizing the over two billion people around the world and at least five hundred thousand people in Iran revere and consider holy. This action is no different than what the government has wrongfully accused many Christians of insulting the sacred beliefs of Islam.

IRAN-The Burning of Hundreds of Bibles by the Government Security Forces

Old 09-23-2010, 12:21 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I'm sorry. I disagree. I don't think they're victims. They're playing victim. Take it from me who goes to school in Dearborn. I used to be all "aww poor Muslims" until I started going to Dearborn. It is an eye opener. You know? The parties I saw on 9/11 and the praising of Hasan. But most of all the silence from the rest of the community.

I welcome anyone who wants to check it out to come with me and do it. I used to be all pro Islam. Then I woke up. It is an eyeopener for sure. Once again I do realize that nit all Muslims are like this but.....just trust me. Come to dearborn for your next vacation. You'll see.
SO what? So what?! The Fundamentalist Mormon Church, which has child brides etc., considers itself a branch of Christianity, but you'd be hard pressed to find any mainstream Christian willing to go to bat for them.

Whatever. No use trying to argue with prejudice.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:22 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I'm sorry. I disagree. I don't think they're victims. They're playing victim. Take it from me who goes to school in Dearborn. I used to be all "aww poor Muslims" until I started going to Dearborn. It is an eye opener. You know? The parties I saw on 9/11 and the praising of Hasan. But most of all the silence from the rest of the community.

I welcome anyone who wants to check it out to come with me and do it. I used to be all pro Islam. Then I woke up. It is an eyeopener for sure. Once again I do realize that nit all Muslims are like this but.....just trust me. Come to dearborn for your next vacation. You'll see.

Didn't know you were my neighbor.

I also have attended school in Dearborn, and can tell you from experience females in that culture actually believe they are second class humans. They will answer questions in class, but when a male begins speaking (interrupting is more accurate) they go silent until he is done speaking. After all we have gone through in this country to provide females equal standing with males, we simply don't need to bring in social norms from the dark ages.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Didn't know you were my neighbor.

I also have attended school in Dearborn, and can tell you from experience females in that culture actually believe they are second class humans. They will answer questions in class, but when a male begins speaking (interrupting is more accurate) they go silent until he is done speaking. After all we have gone through in this country to provide females equal standing with males, we simply don't need to bring in social norms from the dark ages.
And Orthodox Jewish women aren't allowed to pray! And Catholic women cannot become priests. And we've never had a woman president.

AGAIN, SO WHAT?

Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
And Orthodox Jewish women aren't allowed to pray! And Catholic women cannot become priests. And we've never had a woman president.

AGAIN, SO WHAT?

So what?

If an orthodox Jewish woman wants to leave her religion, no one will kill her. If a Roman Catholic female wishes to serve the church she may become a nun, a teacher, a missionary, etc. If none of that provides her with satisfaction, she may leave the Roman Catholic church, but if she does, no one will kill her.

I voted for Sarah Palin and that grey-haired fella she ran with. I'd like to see Bachmann on the 2012 Republican ticket and would vote for Palin again. What's the Democrat's excuse for not running a female candidate? Brain surgeon Biden too good to pass up?

Old 09-23-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
So what?

If an orthodox Jewish woman wants to leave her religion, no one will kill her. If a Roman Catholic female wishes to serve the church she may become a nun, a teacher, a missionary, etc. If none of that provides her with satisfaction, she may leave the Roman Catholic church, but if she does, no one will kill her.

I voted for Sarah Palin and that grey-haired fella she ran with. I'd like to see Bachmann on the 2012 Republican ticket and would vote for Palin again. What's the Democrat's excuse for not running a female candidate? Brain surgeon Biden too good to pass up?
Actually, Hillary Clinton got the most primary votes a candidate has ever gotten in U.S. Presidential election history. Look it up if you think I'm lying.

But just like the electoral vote screwed Al Gore, she got screwed as well.

ETA: Geraldine Ferraro. Forgot about her.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
That's not something to laugh about. That's definitely a hate crime. Religion is a powerful thing and personal thing, people burning the text relating to religions is nothing but hate.

Yeah, but the plastic crucifix in the jar of urine won an award!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Actually, Hillary Clinton got the most primary votes a candidate has ever gotten in U.S. Presidential election history. Look it up if you think I'm lying.

But just like the electoral vote screwed Al Gore, she got screwed as well.

ETA: Geraldine Ferraro. Forgot about her.

All very interesting, but you didn't mention why she got screwed. It wasn't the electoral college in Sen Clinton's case. The Party bosses were afraid a female would lose the general because she wouldn't be able to man-up when it came time to fight. They don't give average Americans nearly enough credit for being fair and tolerant of our differences, and they certainly don't give females credit for being able to lead. Just what I would expect from liberals by the way.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
All very interesting, but you didn't mention why she got screwed. It wasn't the electoral college in Sen Clinton's case. The Party bosses were afraid a female would lose the general because she wouldn't be able to man-up when it came time to fight. They don't give average Americans nearly enough credit for being fair and tolerant of our differences, and they certainly don't give females credit for being able to lead. Just what I would expect from liberals by the way.
That's not what happened at all, but then again history has been re-written to astonishing success since January 2009.

Florida and Michigan moved their primaries up and got stripped of delegates.

Just like the electoral college, pre-existing (that means prior to 2008) primary rules gave Hillary insufficient delegate votes in spite of a popular vote that favored her.

Meanwhile we've got Ann Coulter saying every Republican woulda won were it not for that female vote. I mean come on the Democrats rely too much on women or they hate them pick one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies