Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 07:22 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Perhaps the Governor is in favor of reviving another thing that's been around for hundreds of years. Namely, the idea of paying your own bills.

Maybe even bring back personal responsibility too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 07:25 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Killing one's child because it isn't convenient doesn't exactly sound like anything other than being evil, does it?
Again you are reducing complicated decisions to simple and self righteous platitudes solely in the interests of making yourself feel oh so good about yourself.

It has literally nothing to do with the real world of marriage, pregnancy, birth control of child rearing. But go back to assigning a miscarriage or an embryo the same status as a human being if it makes you feel better.

Because women everywhere are aware that their reproductive choices in life should be all about adhering to your punitive and simplistic beliefs. Oh yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
The Governor has done them a favor and gotten politicians out of the matter. He has decreased state involvement in the matter.
With the net result that NJ residents will probably face more back alley abortions, more birth control failures and more STD's.

Yahoo!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
People..THERE IS NO MORE MONEY. That is why they got shut down.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:26 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Christie Veto Shuts Down Abortion Clinics in NJ - By Daniel Foster - The Corner - National Review Online

Oh boo hoo. The abortionists can't fund their abortion mill without millions of taxpayer dollars. Cry me a river.
I am 100% for ABORTION. I fully support the right to have an abortion. But I also think that the 2 people that caused the need for the abortion should pay for it. Not me.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:26 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Again you are reducing complicated decisions to simple and self righteous platitudes solely in the interests of making yourself feel oh so good about yourself.

It has literally nothing to do with the real world of marriage, pregnancy, birth control of child rearing. But go back to assigning a miscarriage or an embryo the same status as a human being if it makes you feel better.

Because women everywhere are aware that their reproductive choices in life should be all about adhering to your punitive and simplistic beliefs. Oh yes!

With the net result that NJ residents will probably face more back alley abortions, more birth control failures and more STD's.

Yahoo!
So I'm worse making "judgments" than someone who would kill their very own offspring because it's not convenient to them? There are risks in EVERYTHING in life... You get into a car, you risk that some idiot might hurt or kill you because of their incompetence. Why do women think they can be responsibility free? Unless you are raped, getting pregnant is a risk of having sex. What is so hard to understand?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:29 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Responsibility AND Accountability to do the RIGHT thing and two words which are practically extinct.

Instead, all I hear is "the justifications" as an excuse for the lack of Responsibility AND Accountability that doesn't even enter the "solar system".

Well, as a taxpayer I don't want to pay for people.

I say use your pro-choice to only accept the pregnancy you took part in happening - you play you pay when a child comes out of it. If an accident - too freakin bad you either deliver the child or face your creator (if one believes) if abortion is your game but I don't want to pay for it with my tax dollars.

Go ahead and "chop me" for what I said here I don't care, but those two words and more.....................

When I was a kid there were car bumper stickers that read: "Adoption NOT Abortion".

Nowadays it's more like: "F-off I don't care in as long as had a good time and don't care of the consequences to anyone or anything I have to abort later".

Gov. Christie IS THE MAN!!
Fabulous.

How many kids are you and Mr. Christie planning to adopt?

Do tell.

A pregnancy should be a joy not a punishment. Motherhood should be entered into with great preparation and delight and not because of someone else's religious or social beliefs.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:30 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am 100% for ABORTION. I fully support the right to have an abortion. But I also think that the 2 people that caused the need for the abortion should pay for it. Not me.
Ditto

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Originally Posted by Eleanora1

"A woman's very private and very important reproductive decisions are between her and her doctor not between her and the local Republican party."

And it's not between the involuntary financial support of those that find it wrong and the woman either.
But you already knew that and choose to disregard that inconveinent fact because "Freedom of Choice" is only for those that fit similar agendas as yours.
The rest better "pony up" and keep quiet?
I don't think so.

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Christie Veto Shuts Down Abortion Clinics in NJ - By Daniel Foster - The Corner - National Review Online

Oh boo hoo. The abortionists can't fund their abortion mill without millions of taxpayer dollars. Cry me a river.
This seems to be exactly one office that's closing, one in Cherry Hill.

And according to the source for your source (which had to be " UPDATED for grammar and clarity" btw) that center didn't even "do abortions."

"While the Cherry Hill center does not do abortions, it gives abortion referrals to Planned Parenthood offices in Hamilton Square, Princeton, and Trenton where abortions are done on women and unborn children [sic]." "With the closing of the Cherry Hill center, Planned Parenthood customers seeking abortions or other "services" must go to PP centers in Camden, Bellmawr, and Edgewater Park."

http://www.lifenews.com/state5472.html

Your thread title is misleading.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Originally Posted by Eleanora1

"A woman's very private and very important reproductive decisions are between her and her doctor not between her and the local Republican party."

And it's not between the involuntary financial support of those that find it wrong and the woman either.
But you already knew that and choose to disregard that inconveinent fact because "Freedom of Choice" is only for those that fit similar agendas as yours.
The rest better "pony up" and keep quiet?
I don't think so.
Libs think, if they have a right, it means they have a right to it at someone else's expense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies