Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 08:51 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,044,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Sure you can, if Obama and the Democrat controlled congress fails to protect our borders and our local state and city governments are forced to take on the cost of educating, arresting, feeding and servicing those illegals then I can easily blame Obama for higher property taxes. My property taxes include school taxes, our district alone educated thousands of illegal children and my taxes continue to rise because there are more illegal children coming in every day.
The GOP did a great job protecting our borders... Sure did a lot of hiring of illegals too... just ask Meg Whitman...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,930,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
The GOP did a great job protecting our borders... Sure did a lot of hiring of illegals... just ask Meg Whitman...
Meg Whitman did everything she could & should do. She used a service to hire. That service provided her documents that showed the woman she was hiring was in fact a legal resident. The woman she hired also provided her documentation showing she was a legal resident. As soon as Meg Whitman learned that the woman had lied to her and was in fact, an illegal, she fired the woman. But guys like you will continue to try to paint Whitman as some sort of bad guy here, because the truth doesn't fit your agenda. Try reality sometime. Might not always be what you want, but in the end it's better for you.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:59 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,587,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
How is it a handout. It's Backspace's money to begin with.

Lets break this down.

I have a a bunch of tennis balls. You take three to use for your game. Now you give one back to me, did I just get a free tennis ball( re: handout)? No, it was mine to begin with.

A handout would be:
a) I was too lazy and didn't want to spend my money on tennis balls, so let me get some of yours. Thanks, goodbye.

or

b) I can't afford tennis balls. In which case, get back to work or you simply can't enjoy tennis, end of story.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:00 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,846,896 times
Quote:
The GOP did a great job protecting our borders... Sure did a lot of hiring of illegals too... just ask Meg Whitman...
So ignorant liberals bash Whitman for hiring a dirty illegal alien (who presented false documentation) AND they bash Whitman for firing that poor little illegal alien housekeeper who was making $23 an hour to clean a house. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:

Lets break this down.

I have a a bunch of tennis balls. You take three to use for your game. Now you give one back to me, did I just get a free tennis ball( re: handout)? No, it was mine to begin with.

A handout would be:
a) I was too lazy and didn't want to spend my money on tennis balls, so let me get some of yours. Thanks, goodbye.

or

b) I can't afford tennis balls. In which case, get back to work or you simply can't enjoy tennis, end of story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Those extra tennis balls were given back to you by G. W. Bush 9 years ago... They were never yours to begin with...

The tennis stadium is run down and we need a new one... but you want a new stadium built for free with other taxpayers money... so you can enjoy it after it's built on somebody else's dime...

Old 10-06-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
So ignorant liberals bash Whitman for hiring a dirty illegal alien (who presented false documentation) AND they bash Whitman for firing that poor little illegal alien housekeeper who was making $23 an hour to clean a house. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Oh yeah.. 9 years and she never had a clue she had an illegal working for her...

Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,846,896 times
Quote:
Oh yeah.. 9 years and she never had a clue she had an illegal working for her...
Until the IRS informed her that the SS# the illegal woman was fake why would she suspect anything was wrong?

Are you encouraging racial profiling? Are you saying that any Mexican housekeeper should be suspected of being illegal? How mighty hypocritical of you, very cute.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:

Lets break this down.

A handout would be:

or

Quote:
Until the IRS informed her that the SS# the illegal woman was fake why would she suspect anything was wrong?

Are you encouraging racial profiling? Are you saying that any Mexican housekeeper should be suspected of being illegal? How mighty hypocritical of you, very cute.
Would somebody like Meg Whitman would do a personnel check on the agency... Would she even bother?... or would she look the other way...

Old 10-06-2010, 11:23 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,930,613 times
Quote:
Would somebody like Meg Whitman would do a personnel check on the agency... Would she even bother?... or would she look the other way...
Now you're just throwing out crap in an attempt to dirty up anyone you don't like. You have absolutely no basis on which to make a statement like that one. Her actions show us that she would not look the other way. As soon as she found out the employee was an illegal, she fired her.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Now you're just throwing out crap in an attempt to dirty up anyone you don't like. You have absolutely no basis on which to make a statement like that one. Her actions show us that she would not look the other way. As soon as she found out the employee was an illegal, she fired her.
Yeah... right before she decided to run for Governor of California...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies