Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:41 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Article with video link inside about Warren Buffet saying that the best way for America to get money is from those that have it.

News Headlines
It's great to hear some common sense from one of the most saviest investors in history. Also his focus in the NATIONAL INTEREST not his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 01:48 PM

144 posts, read 121,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
How about stop spending it...the problem is not lack of revenue..it is the pigs in Washington...remember..hogs get fed...pigs get slaughtered...like they will in November...
And there we go again... "The pigs" (Democrats I assume) will get slaughtered in Nov. HA! Like the Republicans weren't just as piggish in the Bush administration.

Jesus Christ I'm tired of all you people's bickering back and forth about which party is the enemy and who is "ruining" this country.

It is that EXACT mentality that has this congress in gridlock, and it's the constituents like you who send the message to congress that this behavior is acceptable.

One half of the country isn't just stupid by default because of their political affiliation, and I would hope you would be smart enough to figure that out.

FYI, I am a conservative, but I do not claim people who make comments such as yours.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Its a little thing called elitism.

I have the utmost respect for Warren Buffet's work ethic and business acumen; but, his politics stink.

In reading his authorized biography it would seem he was very conservative in his politics until he took a mistress. It seems the mistress may have played a role in changing his political outlook.
You say his politics' "stink" simply because they do not agree with yours. I guess he was a selfish bastard screaming "I want my taxes lowered" you'd be cheering him on. But since he doesn't follow the Conservative ethos of "I've got mine and **** you" anything he says in totally unacceptable.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Which is millions and millions and millions of dollars to pro-abortion causes.
Good for him. A woman should have the right to choose what goes on with her body.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:52 PM

624 posts, read 1,121,515 times
I agree with the fact that everybody should pay his fair share... But the rich also pay most of the money collected by the government! Now... I don't cry for them... but there has to be a limit. The Government can't just collect money from "those who have it" because he is unable to spend them properly!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
I agree with the fact that everybody should pay his fair share... But the rich also pay most of the money collected by the government! Now... I don't cry for them... but there has to be a limit. The Government can't just collect money from "those who have it" because he is unable to spend them properly!
Exactly. If that were the case, the entire spirit of entrepreneurship, competition and capitalism would die. It's no different than the idea of minimum wage; people will work just hard enough so they don't get fired.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 PM

296 posts, read 228,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael0603 View Post
He's donated 1.6 billion annually since 2006. Find me another individual on Earth who's done more.

Hmmm,he who lives by percentages...

The ret. janitor - looking donated 1.6 b out of...52b =3.1 % of his fortune

His fortune is almost all liquid...

It is like an avg American,earning 30K,donating...900 bucks to charity...

May avg Amers donate $ 900 to charity...

So,the janitor- looking did no special favour...
His 1.6 b is no big deal...

Old 09-24-2010, 02:09 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Why do criminals rob banks? Because that is where the money is.

What if the criminals are the banks?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
Hmmm,he who lives by percentages...

The ret. janitor - looking donated 1.6 b out of...52b =3.1 % of his fortune

His fortune is almost all liquid...

It is like an avg American,earning 30K,donating...900 bucks to charity...

May avg Amers donate $ 900 to charity...

So,the janitor- looking did no special favour...
His 1.6 b is no big deal...
So, in deciphering through this largely incoherent thought, you have proven my point? That his donation is on par with the average American per capita of earnings? Thanks.

Not to mention, 30+ billion of his Berkshire B stock has already officially been allocated to charity - with the rest to follow. Stop your bitching... His plan with his money will go above and beyond the generosity any person on this forum will ever display.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:26 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I agree with you, but on par with what you said, Buffet should have kept his old mouth shut then. He advocates that the government tax people with money more, but where is HIS contribution. That's all I'm saying. If he thinks rich people need to pay more, then he should follow suit and put his money where his mouth is and be the first to cut a nice fat check to the US Treasury.
Buffett's point is that we should change our system so that everyone who has great amounts of wealth must pay higher taxes.

One day Buffett will die, and there will be new billionaires. He has those people in mind, in addition to himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies