Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 08:52 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times

Advertisements

Aspiesmom, you still haven't answered the questions forwarded to you. Instead, all you keep blurting out is REPUBLICANS BAD DEMOCRATS GOOD. I still haven't found an answer in your 15 year old schoolgirl-like rants. The quality of your posts is terrible, there's a word for topics and posts like you make. It's called TROLLING

As for everyone else, it's best NOT TO FEED THE TROLLS.

http://www.cic.gc.ca The cure for the common liberal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 08:56 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Then why did he sign that bill into law so many Republicans want to repeal?
The Republican political strategy has been this:

Opposition to ANYTHING Obama and the Democrats do.

It matters not whether it's something they can agree on.

Tax cuts for small businesses? Nope. There's your sign.

So far, the strategy has been working. Obama, though he is basically a centrist Republican, has been made to appear as a far-left ideologue. His policies speak for themselves, however. Whether foreign or domestic, he chooses the right-wing path.

Read some liberal sources from the past year or so. It's mostly all anti-Obama. Why do you think that is? Because we got everything we could ever hope for? Liberals are ADAMANTLY AGAINST the Healthcare bill because it is NOT universal, and there is NO public option!! There is nothing liberal about it!

The Republicans say things like "We're going to repeal healthcare" or "We're going to change the constitution to get rid of citizenship for immigrant children born here." They won't do either of those things. They just throw them out there for the base to chew on. It is JUST LIKE when Obama said to the liberals, that he was going to end the wars. Liberals ate it up. Obama reneged on his promise, and now we realize we got a Republican president campaigning as a liberal.

I know it's cliche, but I can't help saying it: Open your eyes, man! Just look at all that Obama has done in the past two years! There is no liberal wealth distribution, no liberal war termination, no liberal social policies, nothing!

I admit: liberals and progressives got suckered. Some of us believed he was a liberal. Facts and time have shown he is anything BUT. Please realize this! You will do our democracy a favor if you correctly label our president based on his actions.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:58 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
I admit: liberals and progressives got suckered. Some of us believed he was a liberal. Facts and time have shown he is anything BUT. Please realize this! You will do our democracy a favor if you correctly label our president based on his actions.
Everybody got suckered, not just the liberal idiots who elected him. Now that you've screwed up and put this idiot in office you want the American people to give you another chance? You messed up, deal with it.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:02 PM

17,401 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Obama is a REPUBLICAN by trade! His policies do not differ significantly from BUSH. Liberals have not been in positions of power for a long time.
Is this another liberal talking point? I'm hearing this zinger more and more lately.

Protesting that Obama is indeed more Rep than Dem in hopes that people pull the Dem lever in November? Some sort of twisted reverse psychology?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:06 PM

433 posts, read 459,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Just throwing out a wild guess here. Does "Aspies" refer to Aspergers Syndrome? You've been stuck on this evil Repub stuff like a broken record.

How about answering some of the QUESTIONS you've been asked like what policies you are in favor of? Then this thread can be a conversation instead of a juvenile rant.
Love it!!

Though IMO it's either an actual or emotional 11 yo.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoTex View Post
Love it!!

Though IMO it's either an actual or emotional 11 yo.
The massive use of emoticons and the constant caps lock and emotional rants, is usually a teenager/college age trait. Could be wrong, maybe she's developmentally arrested if she's an adult but hey, I'm not here to pick insults, that would be hitting below the belt. Instead, I kindly point aspiesmom, and other whiny liberals, to Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
You gonna pay the REPUBLICAN bill (blood & treasure) from Bush/Cheney years???

Americans are not thinking this is the cute silly "tea party", we know it as the evil REPUBLICAN NEOCON PARTY of TRICKY DICKY and RAYGUN and BUSHES

What does Richard Nixon have to do with any of this?(TRICKY DICKY)

Old 09-27-2010, 09:19 PM

767 posts, read 489,293 times
I actually agree with some of the stances promoted by the tea party, lower taxes, reducing deficits, and less government. What turns me off is their blatantly racist rhetoric and coziness with far right extremists, such as Oath Keepers and various militia groups. I also don't believe they are libertarians who fully support the Constitution. At least not the majority of them.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
So had his policies worked you would've declared him a liberal/progressive but since they're a complete disaster you call him a Republican. I see.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:32 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Is this another liberal talking point? I'm hearing this zinger more and more lately.

Protesting that Obama is indeed more Rep than Dem in hopes that people pull the Dem lever in November? Some sort of twisted reverse psychology?
Nope. Liberals have been calling out the anti-liberal policies of the commander from the start. Only recently have people been paying any attention. As usual, we have no power, no voice, and very little weight to throw around. Blame everything on the liberals if you wish, but don't make the absurd claim that Obama is all of a sudden some kind of left-wing politician.

If you do not believe me personally, then take a look at who he has surrounded himself with. Conservatives, bankers, wall-street guys, and now probably a CEO. Take a look at his policies. Right-wing, giveaways to the insurance industry, a tap on the wrist to wall-street.

Take a look at what his administration has been saying about the "Professional Left," calling progressives "F***ing Retards." Why were people chanting "Yes We Can!" during an Obama speech when he refused to make any socially progressive moves toward gay marriage, or repeal of DADT? It was liberals, rubbing his slogan back into his face.

This is a desperate message that libs and progs have been trying to inject into the mainstream media for over a year now, in the hope that Washington would take notice. Washington took notice, and chuckled. Ohh, liberals! What a kooky bunch! Progressive policies? Haha! You thought you were going to have progressive policies from me? FOOLS. I promised you change, did I? Well, I've decided I like the Republican platform. Unless it's on Fox News, I can't hear it.

Stop calling Obama a liberal. He does not enact liberal policy, nor give an ear to the progressive cause. We elected a con-man, and the so-called opposition party is doing nothing but moving further and further right-wing.

Vote third party. Seriously, you HAVE TO. We have nothing left going for us, corporate America has a stranglehold on each party, with a hand up the backside to work the mouth and make it talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies