Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Hitler was about CORPORATISM (aka FASCISM)

You didn't answer the question? Do you know the answer, since you made a bold fact based statement.

I'll ask again....

Why did Hitler turn the German people against the Jewish, again?
Was it their religion?
Was it because they were the big bad business owners with all the wealth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 08:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I am amazed by how Republicans trying for sarcasm only manage to sound stupid.

I am a left wing progressive liberal and I am voting for Democrats because they come closer to my positions on policy than either the Republicans or the Independants.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Do you think any of these 3 don't apply to Repugs?
Bush and Cheney are Progressive Republicans that are big spenders.

Kinda like Hoover and FDR were. But nothing like Obama's Progressive big Government and spending.

In the vid posted, do you think any of those apply to Progressive Democrats?

Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am amazed by how Republicans trying for sarcasm only manage to sound stupid.

The video, trying for sarcasm only managed to sound stupid.

OOps, that's a Progressive idea, oops another one... dang another one. Ok, but I agree with that. another Progressive idea.

That is how that video went.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You didn't answer the question? Do you know the answer, since you made a bold fact based statement.

I'll ask again....

Why did Hitler turn the German people against the Jewish, again?
Was it their religion?
Was it because they were the big bad business owners with all the wealth?
Nowhere in my post did i mention "Jewish". I was talking about Hitler and the "tools" he used to trick the people, just as the Corporatists have "tricks of the trade" to trick the tea partiers (and how much easier it is to fool them), and you are completely missing the point of my post AGAIN (I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tellya). Your feeble attempts to derail the thread duly noted

Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I do not know how Hitler and the Nazi's turned the people against the Jews.
How did the Republicans turn many Americans against immigrants and poor people?
How did the Bushista's convince America to go to war with Iraq and Afghanistan when the 9/11 bombers were mostly Saudi Arabian?

Old 09-28-2010, 08:56 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I am voting democrat because I love paying higher taxes
oh, so you make over $250,000 (a quarter million dollars) annually?

Old 09-28-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a left wing progressive liberal and I am voting for Democrats because they come closer to my positions on policy than either the Republicans or the Independants.

I will personally pay for your move to Venezuela and give you an extra couple of bucks to get settled in.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Is be votin for da Democrats becuz I is be stupid. I cantz wipz my own ass unless the govment do it for me. I hope Obama - ma man in da White House - will pay my mortgage for me. I hopez he be buying me a new pimped out ride too. I be votin Democrat because they be given me welfare. In shortz, I needz da govment to baby me from da craddle to da grave.

Democrats ... the party of intelligence, humanity, and progress
And you wonder why people like you get labeled as racists? This was offensive. If this is the only way you can make a point, then no wonder people doubt your intelligence.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:03 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You're right--northern moderate republicans supported civil rights legislation. My family is all from the south, and I know it's history well. The southern democrats fled the democratic party over civil rights, and are now all republicans.
Do you even bother reading what you write?

Democrats used to lynch white republicans alongside blacks, the democratic party was the political party where white racists could try and influence legislation.

The racist democrats had their hopes of defeating the civil rights bill taken away by the republicans, so why on earth would they switch parties to the republicans? The party with the largest percentage of civil Rights supporters was the Republican Party, so why would this send the racists to the same party that overwhelmingly opposed them??

Once the Civil Rights Law was passed, the racist democrats found little reason to remain in the Democratic Party. The reason why conservative democrats left the party and went republican was because the Democrat Party had become too liberal. They did not like all the liberal crap that came form FDR and things were getting steadily more liberal as the years went on. The conservatives left the democrat party, the liberals remained, racism had nothing to do with it. Liberal racists like Sen. Robert Byrd remained in the democratic party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies