Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:04 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Actually, backspace, the deal is that had a good number of rethuglicans and tea drinkers, etc. would have put a sock in it they would have allowed room for us to voice our opinions on the issues at stake. Instead, actual discussion doesn't take place because one or two or seven hilljacks can only come up with things about communism/marxism/liberal.

We knew he was to the right when he was elected. Further, we know that a good portion of the democratic party are actually DINOs. This has happened because the extreme right has taken over the republican party, which means that the moderate republicans had no other choice. Some of us are actually left of what the democratic party has become. And you would know this if you spent more time listening to what was being said and less time seeing how many times that you can spit liberal out of your keys.

Backspace, backspace, delete, delete, delete.
In other words, you elected him and you're responsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 02:06 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
In other words, you elected him and you're responsible.
And guess what? I'm going to vote for him again. How do you like them apples?

Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:

I can't believe a politician is acting like another, different politician.
How absurd. Next, you'll probably say they make promises they don't plan to keep while trying to get votes.

The Hunt for Red October (1990) - Memorable quotes

Jeffrey Pelt: Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But it also means I keep my options open.

Start reading. Or watching. It's a great movie. The book was pretty good, too.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
And guess what? I'm going to vote for him again. How do you like them apples?
I LOVE those apples, I fully support you wasting your vote however you choose. I just wish some of you were honest with yourself about how much he promised you and how much he didn't deliver.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I've seen like two threads, same posters, not democrats/liberals. You perhaps? Mostly I ignore stupid threads.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I LOVE those apples, I fully support you wasting your vote however you choose. I just wish some of you were honest with yourself about how much he promised you and how much he didn't deliver.
You would hear it if you didn't spend so much time on garbage. When people grow up they are allowed to actually discuss policies and, often, because they understand them a lot more.

You are one of those people who likes to take issues and wrap them up in a self serving package. The problem is that when you do that, you completely miss the issues. You want to hear only what you want to hear. Your deal is that you hate all liberals, and I'm sure that you have whatever little list you have in your head front and center. I'm not so sure that you would recognize honesty because it didn't come in your package. And when it does, like it did now, you would act shocked.

As it were, he has made substantial progress in areas and not so much on others. There are some words that will set me off, especially regarding education, and it doesn't matter who is in there. Our foreign policy has changed dramatically in some ways, and Republicans blocking ambassadors is dumb as hell. When you have Republicans that are doing whatever they can to slow things down or blocking as much as they can, then only so much can be accomplished.

And the reaction from the RW here is to slide in a couple of comments, and not even grasp what it is that is being blocked----they just got their liberal slam in for the day-----I promise my vote is not wasted.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
You would hear it if you didn't spend so much time on garbage. When people grow up they are allowed to actually discuss policies and, often, because they understand them a lot more.

You are one of those people who likes to take issues and wrap them up in a self serving package. The problem is that when you do that, you completely miss the issues. You want to hear only what you want to hear. Your deal is that you hate all liberals, and I'm sure that you have whatever little list you have in your head front and center. I'm not so sure that you would recognize honesty because it didn't come in your package. And when it does, like it did now, you would act shocked.

As it were, he has made substantial progress in areas and not so much on others. There are some words that will set me off, especially regarding education, and it doesn't matter who is in there. Our foreign policy has changed dramatically in some ways, and Republicans blocking ambassadors is dumb as hell. When you have Republicans that are doing whatever they can to slow things down or blocking as much as they can, then only so much can be accomplished.

And the reaction from the RW here is to slide in a couple of comments, and not even grasp what it is that is being blocked----they just got their liberal slam in for the day-----I promise my vote is not wasted.
If you vote for that idiot again it will be wasted, I'm aware the truth hurts but you'll just have to get used to it. Obama has accomplished nothing, he's done a lot but has accomplished nothing.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
If you vote for that idiot again it will be wasted, I'm aware the truth hurts but you'll just have to get used to it. Obama has accomplished nothing, he's done a lot but has accomplished nothing.
Backspace, backspace, delete, delete, delete.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:46 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Where's that bumper sticker....

"Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him"
According to the law on the books, yes, you gave him your consent.

I won't bore you with paragraphs of legalese.

Just write a letter to your congressman and two senators, and ask the question: how and when did I give consent to be governed ?

Because in the original agreement, government has two jobs:
1. Secure rights, and
2. Govern those who consent.

The power to give consent, means the power to withdraw consent.

As you should know, you can only give consent, via the ballot. The ballot does not give you any power to withdraw consent.

Hint, hint - the withdrawal of consent to be governed is NOT in their rule book. They will not divulge that gem. For if 51% of the American people withdrew consent, it's all over for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies