U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,451,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noliving View Post
When it comes muslims and what I think of them fighting in wars, depends upon the muslim and what they are fighting for, for example you have turkish muslims fighting with the US/NATO forces in afghanistan. You have Muslim forces in Iraq working with Coalition forces, Muslims are allied with US forces in albania and bosnia but the majority of muslims outside of bosnia or albania do nothing for those muslims. There seems to be this us vs. them view in the muslim world which has it seems too automatically mean muslims support the muslim side in a majority non muslim vs a majority muslim side conflict without really questioning both sides, only quetioning the non muslim side.

It really comes down to tatics and what they are fighting for.
War in Afghanistan and other middle east areas

Yeah, I posted it for the people that Muslim bash. I worked with a friend here for two years. He was Turkish. Anyone care to guess what religion he followed? We shared the same little concrete bunker when other (possiblly, assumed) muslims were mortaring and shooting rockets at us. Same chow hall, drove to work together, chatted while I played my guitar. He had a wife and missed her terribly. He was a good man.

http://96.0.180.21/images/image/picConc3.jpg (broken link)
Imagine spending some quality time in that. Boom. Boom. BOOM. Boom. I reckon I should hate him though, since all Muslims are evil.

Heh. People that hate crack me up. It's much more complicated to actually think about why you hate something. I hate being woken up for no good reason. That's my pet peeve.

Totally unrelated pic. It's not fake, BTW. That's a real army Sergeant.
G.I. Jill - Miss Utah 2007

Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 04:08 PM

6,486 posts, read 5,499,527 times
I have been one of the loudest critics of islam on this board. I think it's an evil religion, and the book is evil. I realize there are some peaceful muslims, but the religion itself has a lot of problems, and is quite violent.

A muslim truly living by what his book says wants to kill the infidel when he meets him in the field. A Christian truly following the Bible will turn the other cheek.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 PM

946 posts, read 2,160,978 times
the religion itself has a lot of problems, and is quite violent. (Quote)

Sounds like Christianity to me--a vengeful supernatural entity that visits death and destruction for the sins of the fathers on the sons, or kills off an entire world and almost all the life in it because (s)he got a little peeved at the actions of their creation.

Islam and Christianity share many similar concepts, chief among them the belief in only one God, and that the path to salvation lies only along their very narrow road. This inbred intolerance in both religions leads to bloody consequences which must be the furthest removed from the teachings of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or