Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 08:55 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Out of touch of course meaning that group of people who disagree with the left
You got it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 08:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I agree!!

Obama is the typical condescender-in-chief. He is arrogant to the point of being dangerous. The President should never go against a news source because they do not agree with his policies. What happened to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press? Oh yea...that only applies to the lefties that agree with this discusting president and his group of cronies destroying our Country. His actions are like a child and would be comical if they were not so scary. He NEEDS TO GO!!!

They can't claim, "it is Bush's fault", or claim, "Bush did it", on this one.

If this doesn't scream CONTROL, you are out of touch with the USA concept and you need to be taken out of the genepool. Your the problem, not the solution, if you don't get it.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Someone needs to check out this site:

TV Ratings, TV Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com

The big four networks stil bring in bigger ratings than your favorite cable infotainment channel.
Huh? I checked on the political tv front on this site and FOX slams everybody else. They are number 1 in every slot. So what were you saying? Are you comparing other types of news(entertainment, sports, etc) and comparing it to FOX? Seems like you are comparing apples to oranges.....

Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats simply an outright lie and made up. The only way one would get a tax cut is if they earned/spent their money HERE. If I spent it overseas, then those countries have seperate taxes which I would write off here and not be subject to american taxes..

That also is simply not true. I have multiple companies.. I cant take money from pocket A and and put it in pocket B and claim I now have more money. Thats exactly what you are claiming to be true. The ONLY way money can be spent on infracture is by removing those funds from society to begin with thereby decreasing spending.

- the wealthy have been doing it for years, have you ever hear of off shore accounts? How can you attribute to the fact that at least 4 of the family members of the Walton (wal-mart) family are some of the top ten wealthliest people in this country. Do they import more than they export from other countries?

Again, if what you said was true, where is the jobs and the thriving economy? Companies have to lay people off in order to pay for the money to be spent by the government.

- People are being layed off to increase to the profit margin of some companies b/c the labor/materiel cost is cheaper to get from overseas than to do it here

Again, thats not true either. Republicans were running $250B deficits under Bush when the american people decided the deficits were too high and put in Democrats. Since this time the national debt has climbed 50%, and thats only in 3 years... Republicans have held congress for 8, out of the past 40 years, and 4 of those resulted in balanced budgets (not really accurate, but Democrats claim they were balanced).. Thats a 50% balanced budget ratio. Democrats.. ZERO.. They have NEVER balanced a federal budget..

--How much of the budget was manageable BEFORE the war? How much disappeared in Iraq? How much was over spent on crony companies such as KBR? How much of the budget will be continuosly spent on the medical/compensation to injured veterans coming back from a war that never should have been?

As for where is it going, Democrats have this uncontrollable urge to just solve everyones problems. They want to feed people, take care of people, hold their hands, now its healthcare.. We have spent tens of trillions trying to cure poverty and yet poverty still exists.. It simply doesnt work. People need JOBS, not handouts.. They always have, they always will.

---That is the obivious answer that everyone wants to hear, but tell that to the single parent that has to choose between childcare and getting to work and only making only min wage with no benefits. How about that elderly person on a fixed income choosing between their mediciations, insurance and eating? If the cost of food, medication, insurance are beyond reach would'nt it be humane to make it easier for everyone to have basically have the same chance to succeed as everyone else?

Wrong.. Obama is not out to destroy, or fix, he's out to change it. Thats HIS own words. Sorry but America doesnt need changing. It doesnt need fixed. Government has no need to come along and fix what government broke..

---Of course from your perspective everything is fine but when was the last time that you donated your time to help the indigent or visited a crowded emergency room? What kils me is that the people that do the most complaining are the very sasme ones that have the basic comforts. Tell me have you seen anyone at any teaparty rally with NO insurance or people with no income at all?

Nothing.. healthcare issue isnt a national issue. Thats because DEMOCRATS refused to change the laws and allow insurance companies to cross state lines.. If they had done so, then the federal government would gain jurisdiction but they didnt.. Besides, what needs fixed? If people had JOBS, then often times insurance comes with it. One may argue that its stupid to get insurance with your job, but you can thank unions for that one.. Another democratic idea..

--Why isn't it? Pittsburgh is basically run by Bc/BS and by UPMC whatever happened to the smaller insurance companies? BC/BS have made so much money that they could splurge by defacing the skyline with their logo. How? by charging outrages premiums and rejecting claims on the most minor infractions. I know b/c I worked in their claims department. Does your companies pay for your employee's insurance? Do they have the same coverage as you? I don't think so. Knowing that you could not possible see that there is a probelm with the current system.

See above.. Again, government BROKE healthcare.. Get them out of it so society can fix it..

----If that was the case it would have been "fixed" by society a long time ago!

Anything like the lies you are telling here? Fact, americans SHOULDNT vote in their own best interest. One needs to vote whats best for the country, not yourself. Anyone who thinks of themself and not their children is selfish and shouldn't be aloud to vote. Voting for whats best for YOU, another Democratic falacy... Why if a politician said that he would give all americans $1M to vote for him, you'd be right there I'm sure...

---So if the american people are mislead into voting for someone else's best interest even if it is detrimental to their own well being, it is ok? Apparently you are out of touch with reality b/c people ALWAYS vote in their own best interest. Why do you think some politicans run on single platforms such as abortion or gay rights. This is one of the reasons that Bush got elected in the first place. He placated the single issue voter.
By the way that rhetoric really only applies to people that have the basic comforts of the american dream, try to tell a struggling family that they should vote for a canidate whose main interest is to control the national debt meanwhile their child is getting substandard education, their house is about to be foreclosed and the breadwinner just lost their job and insurance. As for your stupid point ....hell yes I will take the money b/c that would be in my best interest (financially) and the politican wants a vote. The only people that would say no are the ones that ALREADY have money.

This is why the Senate was NOT elected by the people when the Constitution was written. You need state balance which does not exist today.. What messed that up.. VOTERS.. voting in their own interest.

---- see the above

Because maybe that dumbazz Joe the Plumber understands ew dont live in a bubble, and also understands the conversation above about 2 pockets. Something you need to grasp. Maybe also they understand that tax cuts INCREASED revenues, DOUBLED capital gains tax revenues, and provided jobs for TEN MILLION individuals. Tell me how that spending plan is working out?

---Apparently you were not paying attention to the whole thing. Joe did not know JACK! "Joe the Plumber" never (or will ever) make more than 40,000 a year, and did not own his own company. He also did not even realize that the tax cuts would have benefited him. So what makes you think that he had even and inkling about capital gains, tax revenue or anything else higher than a high school economics class (and thats if he ever took it then)?

Yes, it worked under Reagan.

For who? The poor became poorer, minorities suffered greatly under him, AIDS and the crack epidemic also flourished under him

The above figures represent Clinton with a Democratic Congress. It wasnt until Republicans AGAIN took over under Clinton and changed the economic, tax policies and spending policies to allow the economy to prosper again.

---So what you are saying that we "flourished" under Bush?

You have absolutely no clue about how the uber wealthy spent their savings. Tell me why capital gains taxes DOUBLED after Bush 2003 tax cuts? Can you? Answer, because tax policies were setup to encourage them to SPEND their money.. Tell me why there were ten MILLION new jobs after Bush passed the 2003 tax cuts, in only 4 years? Again, backup your statements with FACTS..

----Since I live among the common folks and I see the devastation of famillies b/c of lack of money and illness/injury due to lack of insurance I (like many of the working poor) did not get the memo.

Ok since you took time to put up the pretty graphs and whatnot, here is some reading for you.

Five myths about the Bush tax cuts
Aug 1, 2010 ... The tax cuts enacted in 2001 and 2003, known as the Bush tax cuts, are set to
expire Dec. 31, and the fight over what to do is increasingly ...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010 (broken link)

Wrong because the tax to reunify funds back in america is VERY high.. Americans who make money abroad keep it abroad.. You want them to bring it back.. LOWER THE TAX RATE.. You want them to invest it here. THEN STOP ENCOURAGING THEM TO LEAVE in the first place..

---The only thing "encouraging" them to leave is cheaper labor/materiels and increased profits. Not much to talk about there.

Sending american jobs overseas? Thats your complaint? What on gods earth do you think is going to happen when you raise their taxes? They are going to send MORE jobs overseas.. Your argument above is they are greedy so why on earth do you not think they'd avoid taxes and move the jobs? As for closing the loopholes, again Republicans have held Congress for EIGHT out of the last FORTY years.. Why arent you asking those that have held congress and set tax policies to begin with? DEMOCRATS..

---So in the last 8 years why did'nt they do anything?

BINGO.. Unions.. All Democrats know how to talk about.. Remind me again why employers pay for insurance? I know.. UNIONS.. Thanks for playing!!

---Uh, unions are the REASON that companies provide insurance not the other way around. Unions cost the management money and thats why you have people like Murdoch fighting to destroy them. Ask our folks in the UK about that.

Republicans lost the election over such outrage in 2007
Ok, since you own "multiple companies" you are NOT the common American who live from paycheck to paycheck or is worried about if the bank is going to take your home, how can you possibly relate to what someone like that is going through? Your goal is to keep the status quo that Bush and his cronies had going and it would not benefit you in anyway to "turn over the apple cart" for any meaningful social change. So vote refutican since it is in your best interest.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:02 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
For those of you who believe that Fox news is unbiased, I have some property I'd like to sell ya.
Not when Obama gets through with you!!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
1. Obama is spending, and wasting more of our money than any other pres in history. and, the worst part is that he has nothing to show for it

---Spending is questionable, wasting, well that goes to your buddy Bush<please see Iraq war>

2. You still do not make a case for raising taxes on anyone. Again, you say that spending money on domestic needs would boost the economy. We've spent too much already, and that hasn't worked. And you want to tax us more, and spend more? And even if that was the plan... Obama hasn't followed through by cutting any of the fat from the budget. You can't have it both ways Obama is a very weak commander-in-chief. he has no military experience, but he won't let the Generals execute a winning strategy. That is putting politics before country

---Do you want to tell that to the thousands of construction workers repairing/building our infrastructure? How about the industries that support construction? Because you don't see it does not mean that it does not happen.

why does obama play these reindeer games? He is the president, - he is the commander-in-chief,- he has the keys but he is afraid to take the car out of the garage. Look at his "leadership" during the oil spill
Look how he stepped in, and stepped out of the ground zero mosque story.
We have to face the facts... the country is not on the right track. Obama may be trying to fix things... I'm not sure. But I know that he has the wrong policies for America

----First you have to understand how politics works. For instance say that I want a bill passed but I need certian congressmen to vote with me but they want something in return. Many times it is a modification of the original bill. Now imagine if you had to do that with 10 or more, by the time that is is passed you won't even recognize it. Many of the opposing party deliberately add "pork projects" to the bill and then someone else from the same party rebukes it and throws it back in your face with public disapproval. I really believe that Obama came into the presidency naive of all of the treachory and back room dealings of both the refuticans (who only seek power/control) and the dumb dog dumbocrats (who are looking at their own best interest). I do agreed with you regarding the way that he is dealing with them. Personally I would have gone straight to the American people and tell them what my original plans are and out any and every politican that tried to add pork or change it. The other thing is I would no longer try to work alongside of the refuticans since they have tried to block any and everything that he tried to do. The traitorous dumbocrats would be put on blast and sent packing either home or to the refutican party.

3. I agree that we should close the tax loopholes. both parties are just as guilty. Simplifying the tax system would be a good start
---I concur!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
You actuly believe anything the (anti-) American center for progress writes? Do you not realize who started this commie based outfit? It even got funding from the commie russia party in the beginning! No, I think I'd much rather avoid reading their trashy anti-American bs.
--ok if you feel that way about them, do your own research on murdouch and get back with CD

Incidentally how is it "anti-american" when they are reporting on a foreign born billionaire who has infiltrated america's media? I think that you are a little confuse

Old 10-23-2010, 10:20 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
As an American, Obama has a right to his opinion and freedom of speech to express his opinion.

Obama has the right stop flapping his lips, do what the people want, and get his family out of our White House.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:25 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Obama has the right stop flapping his lips, do what the people want, and get his family out of our White House.
Just who do mean when you are referring to "our" White House?

Old 10-23-2010, 10:28 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Not when Obama gets through with you!!
What the heck are you talking about? I never said I completely agree with president Obama. That would make me a sheeple & that I am NOT.

I do happen to think,listen & try to learn. Fox news is NOT unbiased news.
That is my opinion. Grow up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies