Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 05:30 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Really? You think it's likely that he'd never talk about it with his spouse, and that she would never know a word of it - and that she's find out about the existence of the letter now from the news media? And just how does the evidence "make clear" that only he saw the letter?

I love how you strain to adopt the least realistic view that is still within the literal bounds of earthly possibility when it is convenient for your partisan purposes. I know you're not this densely narrow in your interpretation when it involves someone from the "Evil Left".
I believe Meg's husband did not bring it up with her. A matter with the hired help is a HOUSEKEEPING issue and housekeeping issues are not important to a lot of men. He probably just didn't consider it a priority, and forgot about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 05:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I believe Meg's husband did not bring it up with her. A matter with the hired help is a HOUSEKEEPING issue and housekeeping issues are not important to a lot of men. He probably just didn't consider it a priority, and forgot about it.
He didn't think having hired an illegal alien was important? Well, actually you are probably right, it was a very accepted thing for the wealthy to do, still is, unless one runs for elected office. When Meg decided to run, the illegal had to go and the spin had to be spewed that she tricked them. It is not hard to figure out what happened. It seems to be hard for some to accept what happened.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:11 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
He didn't think having hired an illegal alien was important? Well, actually you are probably right, it was a very accepted thing for the wealthy to do, still is, unless one runs for elected office. When Meg decided to run, the illegal had to go and the spin had to be spewed that she tricked them. It is not hard to figure out what happened. It seems to be hard for some to accept what happened.
The letter never claimed she was an illegal alien, and the letter stated it wasn't to be used to suggest the alien was.

Meg didn't fire the alien when she decided to run. She fired her when she confessed she was illegal...about 4 or 5 months AFTER Meg announced her run for governor.

It's the ***** maid's fault.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
First of all, it's "their" not "there".

Second of all, it's not just the letter of the law that counts; it's also CHARACTER that matters.

And we all know how quickly your little song would change if this all happened with a member of the other political side. So spare me the BS.

BOO HOO HOO I used the wrong there there. How pathetic is your little straw world that your position is not even focused on the actual issues anymore. Obviously the lessons that I have schooled you on in this thread have fallen on deaf or dumb ears. I'm thinking the latter verses the former is the problem with the lack of understanding of this issue in your posts.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:30 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,151 times
Whitman obeyed the Law and treated her employee as part of the family.

The past Employee is a Real DIRT BAG, Felon, and here Illegally and should be Prosecuted and Deported. Further Gloria Aldred should be thrown in Jail for outing her client.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
plus what are people missing here. You are right, I doubt he was terribly concerned about the 15 hr a week house keeper and he asked her to look into it. What part of this can't the libs understand?

Nita

Old 10-03-2010, 10:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
First of all, it's "their" not "there".

Second of all, it's not just the letter of the law that counts; it's also CHARACTER that matters.

And we all know how quickly your little song would change if this all happened with a member of the other political side. So spare me the BS.
correcting grammar and spelling on these boards is in poor taste and I beleive it is also against the policy and rules.

Nita

Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I think you are missing an important point. The damage has already been done to Meg Whitman. One of her statements has been that she considered this maid like "Like Family" if you are familiar with Latino culture you should know that family is all important. The fact she would fire somebody who was considered "Like Family" and put them out on the street does NOT sit well with a lot of Latinos. She needs about 35% of the Latino vote to will this election according to some polls she has about 31%. If she loses ground in the Latino community there is no way she can win this election.
Maybe you could give us a break down on what "like family" means to each of us who are members of a hyphenated group of Americans... I mean as opposed to the real Americans. Could you also expand upon who exactly makes up the "Latino culture" because some of us might not know if we fall into that group, and maybe we have been remiss in living our lives according to the Latino code.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:17 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Most men I know could care less about who does the housework, as long as they don't have to do it - and I don't think he was the one who hired her. My husband wouldn't notice if a REAL illegal alien - one from outer space - washed his socks, as long as they were matched properly.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:34 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,151 times
Default How Pathetic and Cruel

Left Wing Communists like Jerry Brown who is greatly responsible for why Calif has Massive Debt, Crime, Poor Schools, High Foreclosure Rates and one of the Highest Unemployment percentiles in the nation;;;;
Has to resort to Lying and Polarizing one group against another;

Plain & Simple;

Jerry Brown is a Lying Thug and Met Whitman follows the Law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies