Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:10 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Okay. Listen up. This is a truly simple concept.

Spirituality is not religion.

The ritual of going to a church, mosque, temple, stone altar in the woods at midnight, whatever, is part of the ritual which constitutes ( as part) of a religion.

There are lots of people who are religious but not spiritual.

Similarly there are people who are spiritual but not religious.

There are lots of people who are religious and spiritual.

Get it? got it? Good.

Can an atheist be spiritual or religious then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 08:12 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
All I know about her is she was an American hating communist.
An American hating communist?

Why not go for the NeoConfused Trifecta and add Muslim?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:13 PM

277 posts, read 166,652 times
No actually, you have done nothing of the sort. You simply asked a question to go on the attack of the president. Does it matter if he said she was an atheist & then said she was spiritual? Do you actually know what it means to be spiritual? Seeing the responses you've gotten, I think most people think your question & subsequent responses are fluff. As I said, it's nothing more than an attempt to insult & whine about the president. It's very weird to say the least.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:16 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Has this ever been found to be a fact?

I have read that she herself on many occasions said she was but does anyone here have any proof that she was in fact an atheist?
are we meant to care if she was?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:18 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
No actually, you have done nothing of the sort. You simply asked a question to go on the attack of the president. Does it matter if he said she was an atheist & then said she was spiritual? Do you actually know what it means to be spiritual? Seeing the responses you've gotten, I think most people think your question & subsequent responses are fluff. As I said, it's nothing more than an attempt to insult & whine about the president. It's very weird to say the least.

So if he got caught lying again red handed that is ok with you?

Is that what you are saying?

Now you can read other posters minds?

No fluff, answer the question.

Look up his videos and explain to me why Obama told us she was an atheist and now tells us she is the most spiritual person he ever knew?

Did he lie or not? Prove to us he did not lie then.

He is not suppose to lie to us, it is matter of trust. If the man is lying again and getting caught so many times like he has then you should be the one worried.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:22 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Is there a link that shows Obama stated his mom was an atheist? I haven't seen it. thanks.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 PM

277 posts, read 166,652 times
Uh, I don't know why he said what he said. And I also can't say he's lying either because someone can be an atheist yet still be spiritual. You may not understand that (most people who are really religious don't get it) but thems the facts. I'm sorry sunny-days but I just don't see why you're getting so upset about it. It's very weird to care so much about something like this & to link this to "what other lies may he have said???????????????????" is just....out there.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:25 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,249 times
Default Wtf?

What does this have to do with the 'price of beans' anywhere?

The fact that this thread is getting more responses than 'Obama rallies and scolds Dems in campaign trip' (which is mine... but take your pick) is sad.

Maybe my 'letter to the President' is too scary and controversial. Should be no more so than asking if his Mother was an atheist.

Whatever.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:36 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,007,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Oh yes I did.

You just overlooked it didnt you?

It does matter, if in fact Obama was caught lying again about something as simple as this then what else is he lying to us about.

He has told two different versions of this story and this week he all of a sudden goes to church and is asked a question about his faith. Then proceeds to talk about his mom being so spiritual. Just 2 years ago he said she was an atheist.

Either way he lied again.

Libs are again trying to make this a non matter but if we catch him lying red handed then we surely cannot trust anything he says now can we?
Oh I see, just like you overlooked my response to you too. That's so charming.

...not.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:48 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
I've heard she was female, but am not quite sure. I think Obama should also produce not just his, but her birth certificate as well, to prove that, in fact, she was a woman. Who was born. And not an ALien from the Planet Xenon who came here to drop off her alien SPAWN MOOSELIMB love child to destroy the world and bring on the end of days.

That's all I want.

Oh, and a family tree and complete geneology of Obama and all his relatives. Just in case there's a branch tree of demon spawn that need to be eradicated by my holy spear of justice. GET BACK SATAN!! I WILL SMITE THEE>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies