U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:52 AM

66,552 posts, read 33,820,661 times

Advertisements

All these great and grand ideas to move this nation into a collective utopia, where no one is happy has cause an endless borrowing spree, or has it?
Are we really borrowing, or are we just printing?
Gold sure seems to be headed up & up & up & up. When is it going to click?
Is this just the fuse to a bomb?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 AM

47,573 posts, read 60,666,358 times
Good question. Who is it that we are going to end up owing forever? Or who is it that will own us? You don't get something for nothing - people need to wake up.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:15 AM

2,086 posts, read 2,172,971 times
We the people are his ATM machine. But that machine is darn near empty. It's hard to take money from people who haven't had jobs in over a year.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:18 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,229,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All these great and grand ideas to move this nation into a collective utopia, where no one is happy has cause an endless borrowing spree, or has it?
The tax payer is the ATM machine for Congress. Congress has the power to stop the spending spree but they have little regard for the taxpayer's money.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:21 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,902,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
We the people are his ATM machine. But that machine is darn near empty. It's hard to take money from people who haven't had jobs in over a year.

Hard to take money from an ATM Machine, when most Americans are running on empty. So many still not working, jobs are hard to come by, Houses still being forclosed, businesses still shutting their doors. Oh but wait, according to Obama, we are doing ok. Trying to go after the younger for votes, well if the young has any brains, they will see right thru him. People we need to vote our problems out, not keep them in, as in my State of Calif, People wake up, vote these idiots out of office, does not matter the party, when things are going down down down, vote these clowns out, or keep you mouth shout.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:26 AM

2,086 posts, read 2,172,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Hard to take money from an ATM Machine, when most Americans are running on empty. So many still not working, jobs are hard to come by, Houses still being forclosed, businesses still shutting their doors. Oh but wait, according to Obama, we are doing ok. Trying to go after the younger for votes, well if the young has any brains, they will see right thru him. People we need to vote our problems out, not keep them in, as in my State of Calif, People wake up, vote these idiots out of office, does not matter the party, when things are going down down down, vote these clowns out, or keep you mouth shout.
Yep, still more houses in my "hood" are being abandoned. My other neighbor who had a small business, had to shut it down and he also lost his home. It's sad. So much for the American dream, he said. They immigrated here from Vietnam (legally), 17 years ago. Now he has nothing, as was the case in Vietnam, and now his life has gone full circle. My guess is that he didn't see this coming. I mean why work so hard and go through all that to become a citizen, only to have the current pres take it away?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 AM

1,609 posts, read 916,687 times
Everything this Dem. Whitehouse AND Congress (since 2006) has done is dead wrong.

I just came back from town...picked up my husband's medication from the pharmacy...paid almost 3 times more for this refill than I did last time. Jumped from $129.00 to $334.88. This is just the co-pay... Ironically enough, the base cost stayed the same with only insurance coverage decreasing.

Thank you, but no thank you Obama care. Both Medicare and my insurance company (for the Medicare supplemental) tell me this is because of Obama care! I did call and raise hell!

We have got to get these bums out from top to bottom and get rid of all this crap they have imposed on us starting with this upcoming November election. Not only have these idiots spent like drunken sailors putting our nation heading toward bankruptcy, they have also gone right down into our own private pocketbooks and raised the rest of our individual cost of living in unbelievable increase.

Wake up, voters. We are the only ones who can stop this bunch of idiots.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 AM

13,090 posts, read 7,815,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Yep, still more houses in my "hood" are being abandoned. My other neighbor who had a small business, had to shut it down and he also lost his home. It's sad. So much for the American dream, he said. They immigrated here from Vietnam (legally), 17 years ago. Now he has nothing, as was the case in Vietnam, and now his life has gone full circle. My guess is that he didn't see this coming. I mean why work so hard and go through all that to become a citizen, only to have the current pres take it away?

Just one question for clarification. How did Obama take it all away? It would be greatly appreciated if you would Try to be specific rather than posting broad, emotional generalizations. Thank you.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:01 PM

19,135 posts, read 12,227,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

It is good to see that nation waking up.

Obama has been good for the land and gold that I own, as it keeps going up in price.

We will be forced to face hyperinflation after the economy recovers, as we can have no other result with massive federal debt. We are already seeing a decline in the relative value of our currency, which is the other foot of massive spending and federal debt.

Hopefully they will teach New Yorkers how to grow thier food on concrete, as that information may come in vey handy in about ten years. It will also be difficult to haul the wheelbarrows full of money which will be required to pay for lunch through all those elevators and crowded buildings.

Obama is heading us to all the prosperity and success that is Zimbawe. When the nation finally recovers after all the chaos, we will emerge much smarter and will not believe slick talking politicians promoting massive deficit spending.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:09 PM

9,608 posts, read 9,851,644 times
... when will you get it. If the wealthy won't spend and the (former) middle class can't spend then we go into a Depression. It's that simple. Is that what you want? Someone has got to spend. We were fine with spending when it was the banks money but the banks got wise and pulled their own Chapter 13 fast one and got out of the game. Now what? Don't believe any Republican who tells you we can get out of this with Austerity Measures. It will feel good at first to scuttle the poor and give them the smackdown we feel they have coming. It will be quite another thing when the stagnated economy comes to a dead stop. It won't just be the poor boiling tumbleweed and sleeping in empty appliance cartons.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies