Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 11:17 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,103,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Oh. My. G-d!

The guy yammered on and on and on and ooooooooooooooon for more than 5 1/2 minutes and then started getting off track and talking about China, and you don't think the President had a reason to stop him so he could address what was obviously this guy's primary concern?

5 1/2 minutes to ask a single question or make a single point is not only plenty, it's excessive, and the President was polite to listen to his concerns for that amount of time.

Jesus you people will just make things up to get in a tizzy over if it has anything to do with President Obama.
I don't like Obama, but I have to agree with you here. This man was treating this like a personal interview between him an the President, rather than allowing time for some others to ask their question. I didn't like Obama's answer, but he answered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 11:19 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The guy has a right to be concerned, the dems refused to pass a budget, refused to address the upcoming tax increases, and 0bama has promised to raise taxes on people like him who file with over $250,000, and he promised to push for passage of the cap & trade bill, and 0bamaCare is causing insurance rates to go up. All of these things negatively impact this man's business, and 0bama dismisses him and his concerns.

No one else need to answer! Wapaasha, you got it so right, thanks for knowing and understanding the truth of what is happening here.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:27 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
The more I read the linked article the more BS I detect.

The gentleman in question is quoted as saying:

"The money being made by my business is being taxed before I can put it back into the business," he said.

He declined to be more specific, but said the pending tax hikes would cost his company hundreds of thousands -- if not millions -- of dollars.

As we have seen from the discussion in this thread, the reason he 'declined to be more specific' is probably because he was lying.

The part about 'money being made by my business is being taxed before I can put it back into the business' is simply not true if he has a Subchapter S corporation, as he claimed.

It was gratifying to read that he only lives on what he earns. That part did give me a warm glow.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I don't like Obama, but I have to agree with you here. This man was treating this like a personal interview between him an the President, rather than allowing time for some others to ask their question. I didn't like Obama's answer, but he answered.
Does Obama not work for that man? Yes he does

If Obama can spend 5 hours playing golf he can spend 10 mins listening to an American citizens question. Since he does answer and work for us

Old 09-30-2010, 11:36 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

If Obama can spend 5 hours playing golf he can spend 10 mins listening to an American citizens question. Since he does answer and work for us
Exactly! I had told President Obama to cut that man off at the three minute mark, and he ignored me! Just let the guy ramble on for another 2 minutes or so.

However, I guess it is a little hard to keep up with some 300 million orders from various citizens.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
From my perspective, the only thing missing from that man's tale of woe was "Once upon a time" or the ever popular "It was a dark and stormy night".

Old 09-30-2010, 12:03 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

I guess Barry the clueless, since he knows nothing about buisness, does not realize that the majority of small buisnesses are S corps. But what the heck- how could we expect a community organizer to know such things? A president, on the other hand, or a competent executive who knows about buisness would certainly know those things. However, let's cut Barry a break, as he is neither a buisnessman nor a competent leader.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 09-30-2010 at 12:31 PM..

Old 09-30-2010, 05:44 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Obama asked to use this couples backyard. He asked for people to attend. The least he can do is listen and let people ask questions. Heck give them as much time as he gives a game of golf

Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:

Remember when Obama said he was going to work and listen for all those people who live on Main Street USA?

Guess that lasted about one day.

Then he plants people into crowds and has prepared questions ready.

When someone asked him a tough question he has no answer for he does the normal commi thing and shuts his voice up.

People - This is what Obama is all about, taking away your right to speak and or ask questions.

He does NOT want anyone who opposes him talking. Similar to the sheep here who follow his orders to go after anyone who exposes the liar in chief for what he is.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:06 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,044 times
Quote:
Obama asked to use this couples backyard. He asked for people to attend. The least he can do is listen and let people ask questions. Heck give them as much time as he gives a game of golf
It seems as though you think having the President in your back yard is an imposition and a chore instead of an honor and a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Give ONE person that amount of time? If the guy talked for over 5 minutes and went off on a tangent, he needed to be politely interrupted so his main point could be addressed. Other people deserved the opportunity to speak as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies