Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 09:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm not above the occasional toke, and I certainly am not a bad guy, nor am I a slacker. Furthermore, I know several people who could certainly benefit from a toke or two every once in awhileto calm their a**es down!
I KNEW IT! Glad I stumbled across this 'pro' marijuana post.

The 'paulie' promoter/supporter for the Rupublican nomination, exposes more of his 'true self!' - i.e. why he's so zealous for 'Lib' Ron Paul. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
California approved of medical marijuana, and the Federal gov't cannot keep their noses out of our business. Because of the Feds, we are shutting down the clinics. I don't like the Feds overriding our vote. I will follow Ron Pauls lead and vote for legalization. That comes with the price of being responsible for yourself, and any problems you may incur because of this drug.
Tonight at the debate, RP said prescription drugs kill more people than illegal drugs - I agree with that statement. We are not our brothers keeper. It's their body, their choices. If they make bad decisions, they must deal with the consequences. Most people I know enjoy an occassional toke, no big deal. For those suffering from pain, why would we deny them relief?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
California approved of medical marijuana, and the Federal gov't cannot keep their noses out of our business. Because of the Feds, we are shutting down the clinics. I don't like the Feds overriding our vote. I will follow Ron Pauls lead and vote for legalization. That comes with the price of being responsible for yourself, and any problems you may incur because of this drug.
Tonight at the debate, RP said prescription drugs kill more people than illegal drugs - I agree with that statement. We are not our brothers keeper. It's their body, their choices. If they make bad decisions, they must deal with the consequences. Most people I know enjoy an occassional toke, no big deal. For those suffering from pain, why would we deny them relief?
Vote for paul? how and where, claud? He won't be on any ticket.

Why waste time and vote?

Old 11-23-2011, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Vote for paul? how and where, claud? He won't be on any ticket.

Why waste time and vote?
It's about principle and what is right for this country. I cannot in good conscience vote for any other in the primary. Then I will decide from there. Im very disgusted with all the other candidates. Huntsman doesn't seem too bad.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
It's about principle and what is right for this country. I cannot in good conscience vote for any other in the primary. Then I will decide from there. Im very disgusted with all the other candidates. Huntsman doesn't seem too bad.
I wish you well, claud, I really do!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I wish you well, claud, I really do!
Who are you supporting? Please don't say Obama.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Who are you supporting? Please don't say Obama.
Honestly, there is no one...at this juncture, I can support. But, hope someone offers more of the quality I need...to support them. I don't support any Dem...never!

This race for 2012 is a bonafide mess, claud. Sad...and bad!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:21 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Maybe you think there should be small government in other areas, but in terms of personal freedom of ownership, you are a big government anti-freedom person.
Considering how many lives have been ruined, with people who became drugs addicts after starting with marijuana, it's not a matter of it being "big government anti-freedom." Not when society (and people) are affected.
Remember, too much freedom leads to anarchy.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:13 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Considering how many lives have been ruined, with people who became drugs addicts after starting with marijuana, it's not a matter of it being "big government anti-freedom." Not when society (and people) are affected.
Remember, too much freedom leads to anarchy.

How many lives have been ruined by people who started with alcohol and never went beyond it?

Old 11-23-2011, 06:19 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicabound60565 View Post
Generally conservatives dont seem to be in favor of legalizing marijuana. You would think wanting less government intervention and smaller government would mean legalizing it. A.

The gov should stay out of peoples business when it comes to waht they want to smoke. B. All the government agencies surrounding stopping the marijuana industry cost a fortune and dont really accomplish anything.

Just curious waht your take on this is?

I have two ideas, A. Concservatives tend to be more of a family of values, family. The other thing is the prison industry is a huge industry, we have more people in prison than any other country and private prisons make a fortune off locking up non violent marijauna offenders. Not saying Republicans are in business's pocket because dems are as bad if not worse but its a big money maker locking up people for a plant.

Smoke all the pot you want. If you want to impair your ability to compete in this competitive world and neglect your family for selfish buzz, that is okay with me. It will also be easier for my kids to compete in the job market with pot heads.

Smoke all you want. Just don't embarrass yourself and call it "medicine" and try to jam up medical clinics for a buzz.

Life is full of choices- do whatever the hell you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies